Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Ellmau, Aug 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

MsFacetious, Amonet, Kaykedi and 15 others like this.
  2. J-rock

J-rock Member

This case is so very sad and unsettling. Too many inconsistencies in the reporting are not helping matters.

As a mother or father, you do know your children better than anyone and parental instinct is almost always right. I’m sure the parents would have never allowed their child to sleep away from them in such an unsecured environment, if they had even the slightest of concerns that Nora might wander off. However, as others have suggested, maybe disorientation due to jet lag or medication has come into play? I know from my own experience that jet lag can be a confusing time. I’ve previously woken from my first night after a long-haul trip and not known what day or time it is. But if this is indeed the case, surely she would not have wandered so far that she couldn’t be found?

Abduction, to me, seems unlikely. It’s extremely rare for an abductor to strike randomly. Most kidnappers have a connection to their victim or have at least observed them over time. This could not have been possible in this case. Human trafficking or a random psycho - neither seems plausible here.

Nothing makes any sense. My heart goes out to this poor girl and her family.

The review in question is dated November 2017.

Kittybunny, Amonet, Kaykedi and 19 others like this.
  3. momrids6

momrids6 JUSTICE FOR JENNIFER

I think she left. I think the various prints are from her, past guests, maybe even a sibling or parents who shut windows when they went to bed. All that water tends to be very appealing. Not knowing the house layout, she may have went looking for the restroom, or her parents.
    Edited to add, not sure what transpired in the hours or days since. She could of been removed by another from the grounds?

Kaykedi, Elainera, bluenoser and 7 others like this.
  4. Summer66

Summer66 Member

If she'd wandered off, I can't help thinking that she would have been found by now?

5. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

I also see what appears to be a set of car keys, can anyone see this as well?

Also, flowers wonder if they picked them the first day?

Kaykedi, bluenoser, AnnaGrace and 7 others like this.
  6. J-rock

J-rock Member

Ceiling fans can be very noisy.

7. Summer66

Summer66 Member

I think it would be unusual that an abductor would take the risk of abducting a teenager from a room accommodating others. A sleeping toddler can be carried out but a 5 foot 1 teenager?

Kaykedi, Kasmeer, Mayfly and 13 others like this.
  8. Ruthbullock

Ruthbullock Well-Known Member

You would hope so, but it’s quite a complex site to search (even just around the resort) It amazes me that they found the body of the teenager who jumped from a plane last week in Madagascar, yet here in similar terrain the search seems to be futile at the moment.

Amonet, Kaykedi, Mayfly and 11 others like this.
  9. Mercsw

Mercsw Well-Known Member

Nothing is expressed but look at the pics and signage. Who put them up? What does it mean? How do you think the locals feel?

Check other reviews about parties, unhappy guides, cars being damaged and electricity and water shortages. Throw in the accounts of easy access, gates open, suspected robberies.

Suddenly it’s not some amazing place that the locals have embraced as enriching their lives but a nuisance that anyone or anything can wander into.

These are all unverified by nature of the source but paints a slightly different picture

10. Blamhappy

Blamhappy Well-Known Member

The water isn’t far from the house and, if she ended up in it, I think she could go un-found for a while.

Amonet, Kaykedi, Mayfly and 11 others like this.
  11. SassynOz

SassynOz Well-Known Member

I don’t know my child would not put up a fuss. She wouldn’t like it but she minds when told. And her pics look similar she clinches her hands. But it’s because a pic is being taken. She never strikes that pose unless a pic. Which makes me crazy. My kid is also totally opposite from the typical asd kid. She is very very very much into being touched. She makes her teacher etc hold her hAnd when walking down the hall she kisses and hugs people she loves. But is more hurt when she not touched. She touched others to. And her eye contact is excellent she actually communicates with her eyes. Hard to explain unless you know her. But for what it’s worth my daughter was part of a national study of girls compared to boys with autism. They also were doing genetic studies in this. Since it often is seen very differently in girls then boys. And girls used to have. HRdwr Time getting dx. My daughter was typical totalky until age 3. She actually had a eArly childhood screening at 22 months old. Not cuz she needed one but rather because it’s what they do here. My 22 month old scored age 4 yrs and 3 months in speech and 4 in social skills. She was over 3 in every area. Yet over night the day after she turned 3 she woke up not knowing who she was. Not able to speak she wasn’t the same child.

She still to this day has a typical brain not any indication that her areas of speech should have any issues. Yet here we were. Her autism wasn’t genetic but we finally found what set it off. Anyway my point is that in this national study the did determine that girls unless they were totally apparently delayed at birth. Usually have very different symptoms then boys. Which was one reason why they are dx so much later. My daughter was social and had eye contact loved touch. But she was refused any testing for autism until she was almost 5. Even though we could see she was autistic she just didn’t have those big signs. She didn’t sleep period for 18 months I thought you would die with that happening lol. They tested her for MR and everything else we found a new pediatrician cuz the no sleep was killing us. But he knew. Despite the non red flags and finally got her help and the gift of a drug so she would sleep. But who knows when Nora was dx. But the pics don’t really tell me what she was like normally cuz my kid is the same. Oh there’s a camera so she stops her smile. Won’t even look at the camera and glitches up. It’s so weird but in our case anyway. All pics are like that. I wish I knew why

Amonet, therion20, Kaykedi and 13 others like this.
  12. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

Rather than walk into the forest could she have gone in a different direction and found herself a way out of the grounds and walked down the road away from the hotel?

Kaykedi, Elainera, Summer66 and 9 others like this.
  13. ms_x_to_the_m

ms_x_to_the_m Well-Known Member

It's a different search from what's used in North America. I am sure their budget doesn't allow for this kind of equipment to be used all the time.
    I am just guessing here.

Kaykedi, momrids6, AnnaGrace and 8 others like this.
  14. Lass from Yorkshire

Lass from Yorkshire Well-Known Member

I suspect (sadly) that this is the case

15. jamjim

jamjim Well-Known Member

Agreed.

16. Rosegold68

Rosegold68 Well-Known Member

thats what i thought with regard to budget

unfortunately it should be a consideration when you plan to travel to place 'off the grid' or a bit under developed

17. Suglo

Suglo Well-Known Member

This plus that jungle’s canopy is very thick and has many different species of animals so I’m not sure that thermal imaging would work well in such a place.

18. Mauig’ma

Mauig’ma Well-Known Member

Are we on day 5 with no sign of Nora? I just can’t believe it! She can’t just up and disappear!! What happened Nora? Give the searchers a sign. My heart aches for them. I pray today’s the day she’s found.

Amonet, Kaykedi, unknown402 and 18 others like this.
  19. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

If Nora is out there alone, is there food for her? I am not sure she can be found alive and well, after all this time, unless there are bananas or berries or something, very obvious and abundant.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    Amonet, Kaykedi, bluenoser and 10 others like this.
  20. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

Tenaga Nasional‏ @Tenaga_Nasional 20s20 seconds ago

TNB Integrated Learning Solution (ILSAS) turut menyertai misi pencarian remaja Irish Nora Anne Quoirin yang dipercayai hilang sejak 4 Ogos lalu dengan menggunakan drone sebagai alat bantuan pencarian. Semoga usaha ini dapat membantu pihak berkuasa serta keluarga Nora Anne.

Translated from Malay by Microsoft

TNB Integrated Learning Solution (ILSAS) also participated in the youth search mission Nora Anne Quoirin which was believed to disappear since August 4, using drones as a search aid tool. Hopefully this effort can help the authorities and family of Nora Anne.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tenaga Nasional on Twitter

Amonet, Kaykedi, Gardener1850 and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.