Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only theory I can come up with as to why someone would abduct Nora instead of one of the younger two is because she was in a bed by herself. The two younger siblings were sharing a bed. It would have been harder for someone to take a child sharing a bed. Imo

I don't think speculating on her relationship with her younger siblings, which are victims as well in this whole deal is relevant to her disappearance. But that's just my opinion .

Maybe I did not Express the meaning behind that. Apologies. ...I do not mean to offend perhaps I can give an example the best I can.

Someone said past post maybe all the kids creeped out together , got spooked, ran, but nora was left behind disorientated etc . Would they tell the truth? Go bk for her knowing she would need help? Do they comprehend the intensity of a need like that?

I was not implying anything else this is all from past post and is merely IMO .

According to her parents, she went to bed in her underwear. That's what was reported.
But she apparently can dress herself, although she has trouble with buttons.
But I would think if there were any clothes or other items missing, it would have been reported. Unless I missed it.

Last edited:
How long had they been at the resort for, do we know what time they actually arrived that day? I wonder if there are any other children staying at the resort who were there the day that N and her family arrived. I wonder if they met other children/teenagers the day they arrived? Is it possible that another child (out with their own family) could have enticed N out late at night or in the early hours?

Can I ask a question that is delicate in nature but is without malice or judgement? Has there been any independent corroboration of Norahs presence in the company of her family, at the resort accommodation? I know it’s been said that they checked in around 7am Saturday which is a little unusual because check in is not until 2pm/1400 hrs and looking at review feedback, they seem to be strict with this timeline due to a rolling road of constant bookings so one lot of visitors checkout, room cleaned up and fresh bedding/towels/refreshments etc and new visitors checked in .... What did they do during the day? What time did they retire for the evening after a long 15hr flight? I wonder what airline they flew with and if there were any issues onboard the aircraft? Or is it possible that they were followed from the airport to the resort ? I’m just trying to establish a bit of a timeline that starts from leaving the UK as opposed to it starting from the time of the alleged abduction. And before I am shot down in flames for saying ‘alleged’, it’s purely a cover all statement in the absence of confirmed facts .
Thank you in anticipation and as usual it’s all JMOO

Maybe I did not Express the meaning behind that. Apologies. ...I do not mean to offend perhaps I can give an example the best I can.

Someone said past post maybe all the kids creeped out together , got spooked, ran, but nora was left behind disorientated etc . Would they tell the truth? Go bk for her knowing she would need help? Do they comprehend the intensity of a need like that?

I was not implying anything else this is all from past post and is merely IMO .

It was pitch black, no lighting, so dark you can't see 2 foot in front of you. There is a video a couple of days back, report shows just how dark.

No, I do not believe any of her siblings are covering up or went outside. It is unimaginable to even think they are keeping I information a secret.

They need to give up on this jungle search. Been searching 9 days, even the indigenous people, who searched for days, say she is not in the jungle.

I feel, this reward is tied to government approval. There is no doubt they would offer a reward. Wonder why police would not answer at press conference?
I mess something fishy....

LBF states they have received tips, wonder if they are investigating these?

This is not the US, UK, France or Ireland. This is a whole different ballgame and they've got the ball and their own rules.

JMOO

Can I ask a question that is delicate in nature but is without malice or judgement? Has there been any independent corroboration of Norahs presence in the company of her family, at the resort accommodation? I know it’s been said that they checked in around 7am Saturday which is a little unusual because check in is not until 2pm/1400 hrs and looking at review feedback, they seem to be strict with this timeline due to a rolling road of constant bookings so one lot of visitors checkout, room cleaned up and fresh bedding/towels/refreshments etc and new visitors checked in .... What did they do during the day? What time did they retire for the evening after a long 15hr flight? I wonder what airline they flew with and if there were any issues onboard the aircraft? Or is it possible that they were followed from the airport to the resort ? I’m just trying to establish a bit of a timeline that starts from leaving the UK as opposed to it starting from the time of the alleged abduction. And before I am shot down in flames for saying ‘alleged’, it’s purely a cover all statement in the absence of confirmed facts .
Thank you in anticipation and as usual it’s all JMOO

Yes, she was seen. I'm sure that's the first thing LE,would have ask.

They are staying two weeks, so the room may have already been paid for that day. I've paid in advance, with a late check in and checked in at 2 or 3 am when traveling. On one occasion I had a flight delay and didn't get to hotel til 7am. If you pay and guarantee the room, you pay whether you show up or not. Frequent travelers are accustomed to this, it is not unusual.

JMHO

Last edited:
Many thanks
Is it possible to point me in the right direction because I have overlooked that if it’s the case . As a retired senior investigating officer who was responsible for the running of complex and serious crime investigations, I would be taking this investigation timeline back to the leaving of the UK and building up a full picture from there on in to ensure that NOTHING is missed .

Can I ask a question that is delicate in nature but is without malice or judgement? Has there been any independent corroboration of Norahs presence in the company of her family, at the resort accommodation?

Good point. It's actually something I thought about, as we've not been told of any independent sitings of her actually at the holiday house. There would have been a record and possibly CCTV at the airport, but then that gives a small amount of time for something to happen on the way to the resort. None of this makes sense and I guess all we can go on is the information that has been confirmed :(

Many thanks
Is it possible to point me in the right direction because I have overlooked that if it’s the case . As a retired senior investigating officer who was responsible for the running of complex and serious crime investigations, I would be taking this investigation timeline back to the leaving of the UK and building up a full picture from there on in to ensure that NOTHING is missed .
You are a retired officer? What is your impression based on what we know?

So according to this report, she was barefoot and wearing a nightdress. So can this information be provenanced ? Was this witnessed or is it supposition because she went to bed in a nightdress and there are only Nóra and her nightwear missing? ( meaning that all her footwear is present and correct)? Due to the jungle terrain, do the resort owners offer any extra equipment for an individual stay for example ‘rough terrain footwear or Wellington boots’ to navigate unofficial paths through the jungle terrain? What medication was she or did she take? How creative is she as a person? Is she able to have a very active imagination and live that imagination almost like acting out a fantasy eg. Secret garden. Soooo many questions with so few answers

Such a sad sad story. My heart aches for the family. I'm left with the assumption that poor Nora is now dead - I cannot imagine she would've survived this long. For the sake of her family I do hope her body is found. I can't imagine how awful it would be for them to leave Malaysia without her.

I think the most likely explanation is that she got up in the night or early morning (maybe with the effects of jetlag) and went to look for the toilet, her mum or a glass of water and for some reason - confusion- disorientation - left through the window. Maybe she did mistake it for a door, something caught her eye or something scared her out of the living space (like a rat mentioned in that tripadvisor review). Most likely after leaving the acomodation I think she got lost or fell and died somewhere not far from the house. I think it very unlikely she was abducted - that a possible perp just happened to be passing the house at that precise time. But if she was the nightwatchman or staff would be the most likely suspects. I know the family thought it out of character for her ever to venture off on her own but we cant know what spooked her. She only needed to behave once out of character...

Heartbreakingly sad for them all. I am so sorry for them. And poor little Nora.

What makes most sense, using occam's razor?

IMO it makes sense that N descended the stairs by herself for whatever reason, to use the toilet or see her mum. Being removed by a 3rd party from the mezzanine floor doesn't seem likely.

Once she reached the ground floor, it would make most sense for her to seek her mother or use the toilet, but something has happened. If she decided to leave the house, it would make most sense for her to use the door, but we are told that forensically there is evidence that she left via the window.

If there was a 3rd party, it has to be opportunistic, as the timescale makes no sense for a planned kidnap/grooming. If there was a 3rd party prowling, it it surprising that they made no noise to rouse anyone else, I.e. the ground floor occupants.

What if there was a prowler or burglar and this person was surprised by N coming down in the night? Again, it's very surprising that there was no sound, and strange that N apparently left via a window. What if the burglar came in through the window, and N for whatever reason saw an escape via that window as the other door was blocked? Again, surprising that there don't seem to be signs of disarray if that is the case.

For whatever reason, N left the house whether with someone else or alone. From the descriptions given, it does sound unlikely that she was confident and capable of doing that under her own steam. So this aspect is mysterious. Whatever happened, she determined that being outdoors was preferable to being in the house.

Why is there no trace? I think 3 possibilities:
*jungle too thick - she has been missed
*driven away by a 3rd party and no longer in the area
*fallen into a storm drain or water

All JMO. It is a very confusing case. I really hope and pray there are some answers because a person cannot just vanish.
From the images of the downstairs in that house, I think from the window Nora is theorised to have gone out by, that you can't see the front door. So she might have seen something from the window that attracted her, or she might have panicked over something inside (insect or gecko?) and just wanted to get outside.... and from that position trying to push open the window would be the simplest thing to do.

If she'd turned around 180degrees I think she'd be able to see the sliding door that closes off the downstairs bedroom from the rest of the kitchen/living area on the ground floor. But if it was closed, would she have recognised it as a door and known how to open it?

The downstairs area has that open patio/balcony area, so the distinction between inside and outside might have got confused for N.

I don't know if she'd have been likely to call out or scream out loudly if she later heard her parents calling out for her when they discovered her missing, but she might not have been that far, she might have just felt that she was in a precarious spot (on a slope maybe) and not been able to tell where the calling was coming from, and from there she might have just taken a few small steps in the wrong direction and carried on like that for hours or days. The voices of the searchers calling out might seem strange to her and frightening, so she might hide from them, too, even if she was in earshot of them.

I think my main fears would be of N out there in the forest and slipping and getting hurt (sprained or broken ankle) or slipping into the river in an attempt to get water. But some of the people missing in Malaysia in the past survived out there for two weeks....she's not at risk of hypothermia, so if she can get liquid each day there's got to be hope still *if* she is lost out in the forest.

They never actually confirm anything though do they?
Is it definitive that she was in her underwear?

After a few articles used the term 'undergarments' at least one other used the term 'nightclothes', so I'd guess it was summer pyjamas with a t-shirt or cami top + some cropped pyjama bottoms or shorts.

You are a retired officer? What is your impression based on what we know?
I just find it really difficult to judge based on the little information that is being shared
To me, it’s not been fully clarified as to their attendance together as a family unit, individually witnessed , unless I have missed that fact
There seems to be a lot of supposition but not a lot of factual information being relayed
I honestly think that we need to go back and start again from the time of their flight leaving the UK and ascertain if anything happened on the flight or who they spoke with etc
They have had insufficient time in the resort IMOO for anybody considering abduction, to ascertain movements etc
However, that doesn’t negate an opportunistic abduction but in all the years of operating the resort, there have been no other instances of anything remotely like that happening ( as far as we are being told ).

Then if what is being reported is accurate, why are the 8 and 12 year old not being interviewed properly on recorded devices with properly trained police officers ( even if they are brought over from the UK). If they shared the room with Nóra , they will be a wealth of information that they may not even realise is important. It only takes one piece of a jigsaw for it all to slot into place . And what is with the comment from the sibling about seeing Nóra go through the window and then that comment being rescinded? . Are the parents being fully cooperative to maximise information flow ? So many worrisome questions and issues for me at this present time.

Many thanks

Its several pages back. A Dutch couple heard a rustling outside, but didn't go out its so dark. Also, reporter ask at press conference about villagers hearing a truck, LE said, he had not heard that.

It would be great to have an accurate timeline. You may need to look thru the thread as LE orginially stated the upstairs window was open and later clarified it was downstairs window. Many articles have various times of arrival.

LE releases no I formation other than...she's lost in the jungle.
LE not answering questions about abduction or reward.

Good luck, N needs all the help she can get....but LE is radio silent except for lost in the jungle theory.

Such a sad sad story. My heart aches for the family. I'm left with the assumption that poor Nora is now dead - I cannot imagine she would've survived this long. For the sake of her family I do hope her body is found. I can't imagine how awful it would be for them to leave Malaysia without her.

I think the most likely explanation is that she got up in the night or early morning (maybe with the effects of jetlag) and went to look for the toilet, her mum or a glass of water and for some reason - confusion- disorientation - left through the window. Maybe she did mistake it for a door, something caught her eye or something scared her out of the living space (like a rat mentioned in that tripadvisor review). Most likely after leaving the acomodation I think she got lost or fell and died somewhere not far from the house. I think it very unlikely she was abducted - that a possible perp just happened to be passing the house at that precise time. But if she was the nightwatchman or staff would be the most likely suspects. I know the family thought it out of character for her ever to venture off on her own but we cant know what spooked her. She only needed to behave once out of character...

Heartbreakingly sad for them all. I am so sorry for them. And poor little Nora.

This so what I believe too. I was wondering how Nora is with strange dogs? It was said there are stray dogs in the resort, maybe after she climbed out the window for whatever reason, there was a dog that spooked her and she ran off. Dog might have followed her and so she got lost. ( Not implying she was harmed by a dog but maybe tried to get away from one.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam