Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would it take for someone with such difficulties to come out 'from hiding' then?

If it were my 5 year old son, with some kind of 'challenging behaviour' including learning difficulties and some similarities to Nora. Even though he relies so heavily on me and still sees himself as my newborn baby, in fact he sees me as mummy chimp and hes my baby chimp, I couldn't just say '..... where are you? You can come out now, mummy is here' he doesn't understand commands and I would have to play on his interests so it would be 'poor mummy chimp needs a big squeeze from her little baby chimp. I wonder if baby chimp could find mummy first before she sees him'

Each child is different but for some children even the simplest of 'commands' do not register. For my son, a simple request sends him in panic mode I.e shoes on, clothes on etc..

Doesn’t compute. If this is all true then someone had to come into the house, go upstairs and carry her out without making noise or waking a single person in that house. I just don’t see that happening. So confusing :(
I agree with you . There is no way an abductor could take her from her bedroom. I also think she would find it very difficult to climb out of a window.
I just can not work out what could have happened.

Okay, I have access to a laptop and can share my thoughts more. Apologies, having a migraine but keep checking in.

Nora sounds delightful. Cat Bingo? An excellent choice of game. Plus bilingual? I'm jealous. Born and raised to only speak English here and I fail at that sometimes! I'm so so glad we got more of an insight into Nora. I fear for her even greater now and yet I still feel there's no answer as to where she is, only places she could potentially be. :(

I disagree that survival in this climate is difficult. I would say this climate is most favourable for human survival- It is warm during the night (she is only wearing undergarments she will likely not get cold). There is likely plenty of accessible water sources and the high humidity means she would be less thirsty . I don't think there are any large predators here which could cause harm to a person. There is shade under the forest canopy. There are rocks to get off the damp forest floor.

But the new statement on Nora has made me rethink her ability to trek miles through dense jungle alone. She is more vulnerable than I originally assumed.

"her balance is limited and she struggles with coordination"

"At school, she is learning to ride a bicycle properly"

If she wandered off I would have assumed the most likely scenario from someone with her condition would be to break down as soon as she realised she was lost and burst into tears/panic rather than run.

Word out in Toronto news.
Mother's voice pierces Malaysia jungle in search for girl
image.jpg

A member of a rescue team plays a recording of the voice of the mother of a missing British girl as he conducts a search and rescue operation at a forest in Seremban, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia, Friday, Aug. 9, 2019. Police in Malaysia said on Thursday that they are using voice recordings conducted with the family of the 15-year old missing girl from London, in order to find her. (AP Photo/Lai Seng Sin)

"Negeri Sembilan deputy police chief Che Zakaria Othman said two dozen members of a special police commando unit were brought in Friday to bolster the search. Rescuers are also using thermal detectors, and posters of the girl have been circulated in the district, he said.

Zakaria said investigators didn't find any footprints of the girl. He said the aluminum window that was found open could possibly have been opened from the outside if it wasn't locked. Local media showed pictures of the two-panel rectangular push window at the resort, with one panel left open."

I disagree that survival in this climate is difficult. I would say this climate is most favourable for human survival- It is warm during the night (she is only wearing undergarments she will likely not get cold). There is likely plenty of accessible water sources and the high humidity means she would be less thirsty . I don't think there are any large predators here which could cause harm to a person. There is shade under the forest canopy. There are rocks to get off the damp forest floor.

SBM

Articles about the area have explained that it is very thick and easy to get lost or find random rivers etc there. I don't think it would be easy for someone in her condition to survive.

I don't think its too far fetched to imagine if she was taken, she could have gone out the front door. There are no locks, remember.

But the new statement on Nora has made me rethink her ability to trek miles through dense jungle alone. She is more vulnerable than I originally assumed.

"her balance is limited and she struggles with coordination"

"At school, she is learning to ride a bicycle properly"

If she wandered off I would have assumed the most likely scenario from someone with her condition would be to break down as soon as she realised she was lost and burst into tears/panic rather than run.
I agree about her response, she wouldn’t run as such. I am not belittling her condition- in fact it could be written about my own child (except she can’t even do the bike thing with support or on a trike). She is not immobile though, merely functioning physically at a much lower level- similar to a 3/4 year old who falls over a lot and scuffs their knees and trips over their own feet as well as everything else in site.

I agree with you . There is no way an abductor could take her from her bedroom. I also think she would find it very difficult to climb out of a window.
I just can not work out what could have happened.
If she did go out the window by herself, I suspect her landing on the other side was totally unexpected and terrifying for her. I somehow imagine her not being able to move unless she crawled. Checking every nook and cranny surrounding the house and under it is vital!

If she did go out the window by herself, I suspect her landing on the other side was totally unexpected and terrifying for her. I somehow imagine her not being able to move unless she crawled. Checking every nook and cranny surrounding the house and under it is vital!
I do not think she had the physical ability to climb out of the window. If she was near the house I think the tracker dogs would have found her.

Could the children have had the downstairs room and the parents the upstairs one?
This is from an interview with Nora's Grandpa:
Translated from a French report

She slept in an upstairs room with her sister and brother and the parents in another room. And the next day, the girl was gone.

"Le lendemain elle avait disparu" : le grand-père de Nora Quoirin témoigne après la disparition inquiétante de sa petite-fille en Malaisie

Shall we have a quick sum up of what we've pieced together. Appreciate this is supposition and we may not all agree. Anything def wrong please shout:

Nora slept upstairs with 2 younger siblings
Upstairs bedroom reached via spiral staircase, mezzanine type style room all open plan
Loo and water downstairs
Presumably hot and muggy?
Arrived day before, jet lag possible re waking early
Insects and even talk of rats inside at night, all open to elements
Sun up 7.15ish? Discovered missing at 8am?
Window...which is it? Confused here. Is it the long one in the kitchen? Is there a big drop down, or walk thro?
Parents slept downstairs
Nora had some mobility issues but was able to walk ok
Nora could dress herself except buttons, but went missing in undies (I see this as vest and pants myself)
No locks on doors
Gated compound (I think?)

Police say
Missing not abducted (hazy)
No footprints
Checking phone records

Family say
Abducted not missing

What we don't know
Was Nora wearing shoes?
Any cars reported locally?

Things that make you go hmmm (maybe?)
Why family didnt want police talking to siblings. If true. And arguably, who would want their kids to go thro more trauma?
Nora was 15. Not a toddler. Who could carry her down those stairs without waking someone
The proximity of the river

Please jump in/correct etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads