Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xenophobic is the word I was looking for but couldn’t come up with. Thanks. I think people are forgetting that Malaysia has a totally different culture than the US or the UK. Their idea of security is likely much more lax than ours but that doesn’t mean the resort did anything wrong. Plenty of resorts don’t even HAVE a gate to leave unlocked or a fence to have a hole in, but the owners aren’t lambasted when something terrible happens on the property.

For all we know, the owner suggesting that the father go to the police himself was him just stating a fact for the area... service is faster when you go to them yourself. Just because he didn’t drive him doesn’t mean the owner is a bad guy or wanted police response to take longer. Seriously, what the heck. He isn’t required to drive him and it doesn’t mean he was helping to cover something up!

Statistically speaking, the family is most likely to have caused this (and I’m not blaming them or suggesting that), so it’s surprising to me to see so many blaming the resort or the police / SAR for not finding her quick enough. This thread is pretty disgusting in terms of the loaded comments.
Thank you for saying what many of us have been thinking for some time now.

Xenophobic is the word I was looking for but couldn’t come up with. Thanks. I think people are forgetting that Malaysia has a totally different culture than the US or the UK. Their idea of security is likely much more lax than ours but that doesn’t mean the resort did anything wrong. Plenty of resorts don’t even HAVE a gate to leave unlocked or a fence to have a hole in, but the owners aren’t lambasted when something terrible happens on the property.

For all we know, the owner suggesting that the father go to the police himself was him just stating a fact for the area... service is faster when you go to them yourself. Just because he didn’t drive him doesn’t mean the owner is a bad guy or wanted police response to take longer. Seriously, what the heck. He isn’t required to drive him and it doesn’t mean he was helping to cover something up!

Statistically speaking, the family is most likely to have caused this (and I’m not blaming them or suggesting that), so it’s surprising to me to see so many blaming the resort or the police / SAR for not finding her quick enough. This thread is pretty disgusting in terms of the loaded comments.

Seconded, absolutely. I try to avoid following cases here where the perp is a person of color in a POC-on-white crime or if the crime has occurred in a less developed nation. A lot of xenophobia and blatant racism/colorism starts to emerge here. It’s truly upsetting and disheartening.

Rest easy, Nóra.

I think everyone need to calm down before we end up getting the thread closed. I think things are beginning to move really fast, try & be patient answers will come.

Yes, PLEASE! I'm hoping problematic posters will just get thread bans instead of the thread being closed.

We may have autopsy results in less than 3 hours. Everyone please calm down so we are able to discuss them. :(

Disclaimer: i am not blaming anyone.

I’m curious about why people do not suspect it was a/the parent(s). Typically that is our first theory and it’s most often correct. Given that a stranger abduction is incredibly rare, why does that seem to be the theory here? Is it because they were in a foreign country on a great vacation that they aren’t suspected? Or because she had special needs that they wouldn’t have done it?

I’m curious about why people do not suspect it was a/the parent(s). Typically that is our first theory and it’s most often correct. Given that a stranger abduction is incredibly rare, why does that seem to be the theory here? Is it because they were in a foreign country on a great vacation that they aren’t suspected? Or because she had special needs that they wouldn’t have done it?

For me personally, the window of opportunity for the parents to have done something, covered it up and then reported her missing at 8am is too slim. They'd only arrived the evening before, so I think that's why most felt the parents weren't involved from the start.

Yes, PLEASE! I'm hoping problematic posters will just get thread bans instead of the thread being closed.

We may have autopsy results in less than 3 hours. Everyone please calm down so we are able to discuss them. :(

Hopefully no one will get banned, the thread may get cleaned up though. This has been a frustrating case from the start, I believe answers are coming. We need to cool it in here whilst we wait.

They came by taxi, had no transportation. How was he to get to the police station?

Jmo

Last edited:
Sources told Malay Mail that the outcome of the post-mortem should be available before 3pm today

Fyi it's 12.45 pm in Malaysia now. The autopsy should be over by now. Soon we might hear more.

Everyone, please take a deep breath or step away from the keyboard for a few minutes. Let's not get this thread shut down for another clean up.

Yes emotions run high. This case is so terribly sad. Nora has touched all our hearts, just as her mom said.

I trust all the people working on her case.

The police didn’t even protect the family from photos or provide protection while they entered the hospital.

God, I hope they can get Nóra and themselves out of this country fast.

My heart breaks for them. What a nightmare.

MHO
They probably are not used to all the media. There were reporters from all over the world. I would think it would be the reporters who should have respected the family in their time of grief.

Seconded, absolutely. I try to avoid following cases here where the perp is a person of color in a POC-on-white crime or if the crime has occurred in a less developed nation. A lot of xenophobia and blatant racism/colorism starts to emerge here. It’s truly upsetting and disheartening.

Rest easy, Nóra.

I’ll probably need to take that approach in the future. I can’t help but call that junk out once it emerges as a chronic pattern.

The family of an Irish girl whose naked body was found near a Malaysian jungle stream will not demand a criminal investigation into the incident, their lawyer said on Wednesday, leaving it up to the police to decide the next course of action.

"They won’t press for anything because in this country, even in most countries, it has to be done by the police rather than you pressing for anything," lawyer Sankara N. Nair told Reuters.

"They have to go on evidence. The family is totally distraught. Totally overwhelmed."
Family of Irish teen found dead in Malaysia won't seek criminal probe: lawyer

I would be very surprised if these parents were involved. It is clear too see they are absolutely devasted by all this.
People will have read things in other places that due to Websleuths rules cannot be posted in these pages which will also influence what they believe is a more likely scenario. Oh and Websleuths is an anti victim blaming site and I would say as Nora’s patents they would count as victims in this dreadful situation. Moo

For me personally, the window of opportunity for the parents to have done something, covered it up and then reported her missing at 8am is too slim. They'd only arrived the evening before, so I think that's why most felt the parents weren't involved from the start.

Hmm... that’s a good point. I wonder how much they interacted with other visitors that first day. I’m a super lazy traveler and seem to need the rest of my arrival day to recoup from actually getting to the place I’m going! But I know lots of people aren’t like that and just want to get out and start having fun as soon as they drop off their bags.

They came by taxi, had no transportation. How was he to get to the police station?

Jmo

Taxis drive both ways... They figured out how to get to the resort. I think when you vacation in a place when someone vacations in a place where don’t have transportation, they expect to call cabs. That is solely the traveler’s job, and when traveling to a less developed country, you have to expect that.

With the info we have, I can’t judge the owner. Maybe he was the only one working, or his car had no fuel. He had no idea this was what was going to be the outcome, as far as we currently know. Maybe he just assumed the kid was taking a walk and this was just a helicopter parent being a worrywart. Ultimately though, it wasn’t his responsibility.

Is that 3:00 pm in Malaysia or where? Just wondering if that means in an hour or so or not until tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46