- Aug 13, 2019
- Reaction score
I highly doubt she’d have gone. Unless they offered to take her to her Mum?
I think it’s probable NQ displays ASD features though and would have a pre discussed routine to help anxieties.
When you wake, come to our room. Toilet. Breakfast etc. IF she has and it’s jmo, she’d have not deviated willingly,
It's a shame we don't know more about how this family holidayed generally. As several posters have pointed out, The Dusun is slightly off radar. I've travelled a lot, through India and South East Asia, but for the moment [I have a 4 year old] my holidays are focused on child friendly activities. I imagine this family are very confident travellers, as SQ was happy to make the long flight alone with 3 children. The Dusun is certainly marketed as a tropical retreat rather than luxurious, as many of the Trip Advisor posts indicate Sora House was in a shabby state with kitchen cabinets falling off, geckos, and even rats [May 2019]. Perhaps Nora wasn't comfortable with large groups and noise ... hence choosing a quiet remote destination; although had they accounted for the jungle noises?
I really think there is some mileage in the following:
1. Nora was disoriented and alarmed by a gecko or rat in Sora House, and panicked. Yes, she could've woken her parents or siblings, but we don't know what her normal reaction would be; especially if she was frightened and in flight mode.
2. Nora woke completely disoriented and scared of/excited by the jungle noises, and thought she needed to "get home"/explore.
3. Did Nora think she was getting up to go to the toilet and got lost?
4. Nora was enticed to play, perhaps with one of the staff's children she may have met the day before [remember, the Dusun website says local staff can bring their children to work at the weekends] and they innocently took her to the waterfall? It would be their back garden, after all ....
5. As previously suggested, did the other siblings remain in the cabin all night, or did they too wake early in the morning and are now too scared to say anything? Perhaps Nora was pestering them about the waterfall.