Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Ellmau, Aug 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Njust1

Njust1 Well-Known Member

That is a possibility although be too accidentally opportunistic.

Kaykedi, MsBetsy and dotr like this.

2. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

Nora ,from what I understand,did not have the ability to link concepts.
    So she might recognise the word or picture of a waterfall,and even an arrow but would not understand that was telling her to go that way to find it.
    She might of expected it to be there, like signs in the classroom said crayons and the crayons were there in front of her.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    Amonet, Kaykedi, MsFacetious and 9 others like this.
  3. insearchoflight

insearchoflight Well-Known Member

Actually a group decided to search near the waterfall because they heard Nora was excited to see the waterfall. The group discovered the body and a man from the group called authorities. This man was the “tip” that lead authorities to the area to recover the body.

That is how I’m taking these news reports but since it is so early on, clarification may come hopefully.

Amonet, Kaykedi, neesaki and 16 others like this.
  4. therion20

therion20 Well-Known Member

Yes but THEY the police kept saying that she left on her own and started searching the jungle.

Kaykedi, Kubirai, Noseyjosie and 3 others like this.
  5. beatrixpotter

beatrixpotter Well-Known Member

Is it muddy and wet around the resort? Why in the world would they need mud and foot prints in the house for an abduction to have happened? Like abductors all step in mud and leave noticeable foot prints wherever they go?

bronbaby, Kaykedi, Noseyjosie and 4 others like this.
  6. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

There’s 3 versions of this story, so far....
    They searched there because they had heard it was a place Nóra wanted to visit
    They searched there because the police asked them to, after the police received a call on the hot line about a body
    They searched there because a guy on a moped spoke to them and told them he had seen a body there

7. Njust1

Njust1 Well-Known Member

May be a few people had seen the body in and about the same time?

Kaykedi, ErinC and dotr like this.
  8. therion20

therion20 Well-Known Member

Body believed to be Franco-Irish teen found in Malaysia jungle | The Japan Times

A group of volunteers who were part of the search and rescue team found the body after being tipped off by a member of the public.

9. Armchair_Defective

Armchair_Defective Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with Occam. The simplest explanation is probably the correct one. As you said, the chances of a predator just happening to see a girl wandering are slim.

Amonet, Kaykedi, AnnaGrace and 11 others like this.
  10. Blamhappy

Blamhappy Well-Known Member

You’re talking confidently in absolutes, but we don’t know this.

DaphneWoo, rhino, Kasmeer and 4 others like this.
  11. Coach

Coach Well-Known Member

Thanks for that. If he did say that then it sounds like this was said (assuming he did say this) quite soon after discovering that N was missing. I can totally understand the panic, they would have been absolutely frantic but I wonder what made him think that a crime had been committed. I know they have said that she would never have gone off on her own but in reality, that could actually have happened. When thy first noticed her missing, I wonder if they firstly went out to search the immediate area near to the holiday cabin to check if she perhaps hadn’t gone far. What made him think and say that a crime had been committed?

12. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

President Michael D Higgins commiserates with Nora Quoirin's family following tragic discovery of body
    "President Michael D Higgins has offered his condolences to the family of missing teenager Nora Quoirin following the tragic discovery of a body on Tuesday.

The remains of a young white woman were found by a member of a search and rescue team near a waterfall in the southern Negeri Sembilan district of Malyasia on Tuesday. The search for Nora was in its tenth day when the discovery was made.

Nora, 15, was the oldest daughter of Irish mother Meabh and French father Sebastien, and was the holder of an Irish passport. Nora, who had learning and developmental difficulties, was reported missing from her family’s cottage at the Dusun eco-resort on August 4."

[​IMG]
    A body was discovered on Tuesday as the search for missing teenager continued.

Amonet, Kaykedi, AnnaGrace and 6 others like this.
  13. ST3anonymous

ST3anonymous Member

Agreed. It’s very unlikely, but this whole case is very unlikely. It seems like one of the most reasonable conclusions to me!

Amonet, Kaykedi, MsBetsy and 3 others like this.
  14. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

See this was my first question last night, about the water...

Amonet, Kaykedi, Davia18 and 4 others like this.
  15. Njust1

Njust1 Well-Known Member

I also felt it was odd to be so certain that a crime has been committed the moment they discovered she was missing. I have a special needs child too so I understand the anxiety but if I discover my kid is not home, I’d think she is missing first and dread the thought of crime until I have searched for at least a few hours... However, that is my personal reation. Everyone is different and react differently to stress...

LemonMint, Kaykedi, neesaki and 8 others like this.
  16. Sarahlou

Sarahlou Well-Known Member

Maybe that shows just HOW unlikely it was that she would have gone anywhere by herself. Her parents are with her all the time so know exactly how she is. Maybe the only possible option in his mind was that it had to be a crime.

Jackalyn, bronbaby, Amonet and 16 others like this.
  17. beatrixpotter

beatrixpotter Well-Known Member

I'd love to know what day they had previously searched the ravine/waterfall area. And I'd like to know how deep and fast moving this stream is. How likely is it anyone would fall in and drown.

Since it's also supposed to be not easily accessible I'd like to know how and why a member of the public just happened to spot her body there to alert others.

aka_vonnie, bronbaby, Kaykedi and 5 others like this.
  18. mxprincess399

mxprincess399 Well-Known Member

When I logged in and couldn't find Nora's thread my heart sank. Poor girl but at least the family can have closure. I'm leaning toward her walking off on her own. Despite her disabilities all parents think they know their kids when they really don't know as much as they think they do.

19. Curiouspersonxyz

Curiouspersonxyz Well-Known Member

I think several factors were at work including:

1) the parents’ belief that she could not have wandered off on her own and so someone else had to be involved and

2) the belief that the only thing that would motivate local law enforcement to aggressively search was the bad publicity stemming from an abduction of a young tourist girl

Whether the girl had wandered away or was abducted, time was of the essence in organizing a search and looking for evidence. I can’t imagine how upset I would be as a parent if I felt I was not getting the local attention/assistance that was needed quickly.

Mayfly, Solemn, Kaykedi and 8 others like this.
  20. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

I think everyone’s main question right now is if she walked/wondered off by herself or if foul play was involved.

I think we will likely get an official statement about this soon, moo.

Amonet, Kaykedi, AnnaGrace and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.