Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the culture there value white women, I know some Asian cultures see them as a "prize".

You could certainly see most Asian men attaining high sexual interest in white women throughout large parts of Asia becouse I'd imagine its not often they would see one.

If abduction is confirmed in the subsequent autopsy, it further underlines the danger women continue to face worldwide from predatory men.

Women must remain vigilant at all times, lookout for each other and never let your guards down. Especially on vacation!.

Is it muddy and wet around the resort? Why in the world would they need mud and foot prints in the house for an abduction to have happened? Like abductors all step in mud and leave noticeable foot prints wherever they go?

I'm pretty sure there was a report that said it was muddy. It's therefore likely there would be foot prints somewhere around or in the house. I'm not saying there 100% have to be footprints but it's likely.

This is a girl who was apparently very shy and an abductor got in and out of the house presumably carrying her with no footprints in or around the house?

Why wasn’t the guy who tipped le off near her body when he called le? No reception I suppose but wouldn’t he have run into the searchers on his way to find reception? Why were the searchers the ones to find her? Shouldn’t it have been him? I’m so confused..

Could her being found naked be due to paradoxical undressing related to hypothermia? Especially if she went into the water as i understand it you're at a much higher risk of contracting hypothermia from being wet. Of course the problem with that is how hot Malaysia is this time of year but it may have been cold enough at 3AM or whenever if that's when she left.

Sorry i'm sure there's a lot wrong with this, i'm not up on all the facts as i haven't had the chance to follow this properly. Sad as hell, was holding out hope she'd be alive but that was very unlikely almost immediately considering her special needs and the fact she would've entered a jungle or worse been abducted. RIP :(

You could certainly see most Asian men attaining high sexual interest in white women throughout large parts of Asia becouse I'd imagine its not often they would see one.

If abduction is confirmed in the subsequent autopsy, it further underlines the danger women continue to face worldwide from predatory men.

Women must remain vigilant at all times, lookout for each other and never let your guards down. Especially on vacation!.
I think Asia is a large area. While I agree that Asian men would look at white women and black women for that matter too, white women aren’t very rare in Malaysia.

I agree women should look out for each other everywhere. Women get rape and murdered everyday in their home countries and abroad.

So her body was in a ravine in water. Perhaps they just missed her during the early days of the searches. Perhaps she was submerged down in the ravine and that's why missed prior.
If her body was wedged there and come from a different location then I could understand not having clothes on.
Does anyone know the temperature of the water ?
I agree. It was also described as a bog. If it’s a wet surface, definitely she could have been missed. Also, bodies bloat after a while and become more buoyant.

Could her being found naked be due to paradoxical undressing related to hypothermia? Especially if she went into the water as i understand it you're at a much higher risk of contracting hypothermia from being wet. Of course the problem with that is how hot Malaysia is this time of year but it may have been cold enough at 3AM or whenever if that's when she left.

Sorry i'm sure there's a lot wrong with this, i'm not up on all the facts as i haven't had the chance to follow this properly. Sad as hell, was holding out hope she'd be alive but that was very unlikely almost immediately considering her special needs and the fact she would've entered a jungle or worse been abducted. RIP :(
I think I said similar quite a few pages back. I don’t know much about temperatures, but I think it’s a possibility. But, like someone else said, if she was stuck in rocks in water, it’s very possible that her clothes were simply dragged off her by a current.

I agree. It was also described as a bog. If it’s a wet surface, definitely she could have been missed. Also, bodies bloat after a while and become more buoyant.
poor child. I dread to think what she went through. If she had become bloated, her parents must be completely horrified upon seeing her body. Poor parents. God bless them all

My understanding is that he said that after being told by the manager of the resort that he has to go to the police station to report his daughter missing. They will not come here you will have to go there. JMO

Privacy settings

Wonder why the owner/manager didn't offer to send someone for the police or go himself? That is the very least, the resort could do!!!

I think several factors were at work including:

1) the parents’ belief that she could not have wandered off on her own and so someone else had to be involved and

2) the belief that the only thing that would motivate local law enforcement to aggressively search was the bad publicity stemming from an abduction of a young tourist girl

Whether the girl had wandered away or was abducted, time was of the essence in organizing a search and looking for evidence. I can’t imagine how upset I would be as a parent if I felt I was not getting the local attention/assistance that was needed quickly.
Agree, but they are in the back of beyond. A place they have chosen to vacation... I am familiar with Malaysia but wouldn’t go there simply because it is really deep in the jungle - in the middle of nowhere!

I do so hope this was a tragic accident, there just appears to be a niggling doubt that some of the details just don't add up. There are some very good points regarding this being a tragic accident and just nora exploring to the fact it just comes across strange on a whole, for some reason I can't shift the feeling it all comes across as rather sinister right now, jmo. I hope tomorrow can shed more light on the facts and hopefully, bring a bit of peace to nora's family if this was in fact an accident. Rip nora.

I also felt it was odd to be so certain that a crime has been committed the moment they discovered she was missing. I have a special needs child too so I understand the anxiety but if I discover my kid is not home, I’d think she is missing first and dread the thought of crime until I have searched for at least a few hours... However, that is my personal reation. Everyone is different and react differently to stress...

That’s right, everyone is different and people do react differently. When I heard that he had actually said a crime had been committed so soon after discovering she was missing, I have to say I did find it odd - even more so considering that none of the four other people in the holiday cabin had heard anything (no screams, cry for help, anyone trespassing etc). As you rightly say, everyone is different but I think in the initial stage on discovering she was missing I would probably have thought she is missing, she has gone out for a walk or fresh air not far from the cabin. I honestly would not want to think so early on that a crime had been committed - I would want to stay positive and hopeful that she had just wandered out not far from the cabin.

Thanks for that. If he did say that then it sounds like this was said (assuming he did say this) quite soon after discovering that N was missing. I can totally understand the panic, they would have been absolutely frantic but I wonder what made him think that a crime had been committed. I know they have said that she would never have gone off on her own but in reality, that could actually have happened. When thy first noticed her missing, I wonder if they firstly went out to search the immediate area near to the holiday cabin to check if she perhaps hadn’t gone far. What made him think and say that a crime had been committed?
They have been convinced from the start that she must have been abducted because previous behaviour suggests that she would never leave alone. I really think it’s as simple as that. And, in their shoes, I’d be trying to convince the police that there is an abductor out there because you don’t want to lose those golden hours.

That’s right, everyone is different and people do react differently. When I heard that he had actually said a crime had been committed so soon after discovering she was missing, I have to say I did find it odd - even more so considering that none of the four other people in the holiday cabin had heard anything (no screams, cry for help, anyone trespassing etc). As you rightly say, everyone is different but I think in the initial stage on discovering she was missing I would probably have thought she is missing, she has gone out for a walk or fresh air not far from the cabin. I honestly would not want to think so early on that a crime had been committed - I would want to stay positive and hopeful that she had just wandered out not far from the cabin.
Me too. I am anyhow a positive person... He may not be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni