Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jackie Fox‏ @jackiefox_

Police tell us that the results of the post mortem examination on the body Nóra Quiorin is expected after 3pm local time here in Seremban.

EB6GaZOW4AAkcrW.jpg

Jackie Fox on Twitter

Sumisha Naidu‏Verified account @sumishanaidu

A postmortem to determine Nora Quoirin’s cause of death was scheduled for 10am this morning. Police are due to update media at 5pm. Criminal investigators have been at the area where her body was found and the results will inform what they do next.

EB6Of8FWkAESplq.jpg

EB6Of8FXsAAiSoG.jpg

Sumisha Naidu on Twitter

(Update in around 30 minutes)

Hikers burst into tears when they found Nora's body which looked as 'if she were sleeping’

Nora Quoirin's heartbroken parents say she 'touched the world'

A spokesman for the Lucie Blackman Trust, which had been helping the family with their search, said the parents still have questions over why it took so long to find Nora's body - which was discovered next to a waterfall not far from their resort more than a week after she disappeared.

'One of those questions is, has the body been there all the time or is there a criminal involvement? Was the body dumped there afterwards?' spokesman Matt Searle said.

Sean Yeap was part of a group of volunteers who found Nora's body and said he believes that Nora was not in the spot when search teams first passed through.
Led by team leader Kenny Chan, the men and women set off to follow a trail on a palm oil plantation about 1.2miles from where Nora disappeared on August 4th.

He said they met an Indian man who told them he was familiar with the area and would assist them.

They followed a trail through the oil plantation when one of the group said he could smell a strong odour coming from the jungle. It was then they came across tragic Nora's body.

'We did not approach but stood about 15 metres away and out team leader called the police.

'I could see the body. She was lying with her hands behind her head like you do when you go to sleep. There were some scratches on her arm and some bruises but otherwise there were no injuries. I am not sure, but I think she had been dead a few days.'

Yeap, an insurance salesman, said the body was not covered with any leaves or jungle foliage.

He said if search and rescue teams had walked through the area they would have spotted her but speculated that when the area was first searched she was not there.

'I think maybe she was elsewhere and walked to the stream perhaps to drink some water,' he said.

'The place where she was found is not easy to find. I wonder if she had been following the stream as there were no footprints which means she could have been walking in the water as it was not very deep.'

14 August 2019:

Negri Sembilan govt conveys condolences to Nora Quoirin’s family

SEREMBAN, Aug 14 — The Negri Sembilan government today conveyed its condolences to the family of Nora Anne Quoirin, the 15-year-old Franco-Irish girl who was found dead yesterday near here after having gone missing for 10 days.

“We also mourn her loss because she and her family were guests in our state. We are deeply saddened by what happened and hope that her family will be strong.

“We hope that this will be the first and last such incident in Negri Sembilan and Malaysia. We hope this will not happen again,” said Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Aminuddin Harun after chairing the weekly meeting of the state executive council.

Negri Sembilan govt conveys condolences to Nora Quoirin’s family | Malay Mail

To say anyone is xenophobic is a massive dramatisation of what is being said. Common sense will tell you that no country, especially one that relies on tourism funds so much, will want a child holidaymaker murder on their hands. It’s for that very reason plus lack of ANY evidence that they grasped onto the missing person tag for so long, no one would want to cause a knee jerk reaction unnecessarily, especially when eyes from Britain, Ireland and France are watching the case unfold.

Take Tunisia for eg, the ISIS attack in Sousse took the country to their knees, countries wouldn’t put flights on or offer holiday packages for a long time, countless hotels closed, thousands left unemployed, the place was barren because of that incident. It is fair to make judgment that there could be a possibility that the Malaysian government/police will want to keep this as under wraps as they can within reason, luckily there are representatives from various countries over there who will hopefully oversee proceedings.

IMO, and it’s only MO, I believe there are only 2 options in this case:

The first one being that Nora left the room herself, no one would be concerned about her making her way downstairs to use the bathroom, I believe she then left, got lost and ended up having a terrible accident.

If it turns out that there’s a form of foul play involved I do not believe that she was abducted from the room, they had only arrived that day, not enough time to allow a perpetrator to scope the situation, their habits etc. A perpetrator runs a massive risk of being caught when not prepared. I believe if some harm has came to Nora at the hands of someone else that this could only of happened when she was wandering about the forest unaccompanied and it was an opportunist situation.

Someone mentioned Alisha McFall earlier as a comparison - yes, she was taken from her grandparents home without anyone being alerted but remember, she was taken by a family friend (I use that term lightly), who knew the family dynamics and their routine, it wasn’t an opportunist abduction.
I don’t really agree it’s you. In the cases I’ve followed, the police only say they suspect foul play if they have strong evidence. Until there is evidence, they always assure everyone that, although they’re open to the possibility of foul play, this is a missing persons case.

14 August 2019:

Seeking clues to disappearance, police return to ravine where Nora Quoirin’s body was found

SEREMBAN, Aug 14 — Investigations into the mysterious disappearance of Irish teenager Nora Quoirin continued today in the area where her body was found just 2.5km distant from the eco-resort her family were staying in Negri Sembilan.

Three trucks believed to carry special forensics personnel arrived in the jungle near The Dusun Resort here at 10am to assist another team of 15 investigators who arrived half an hour earlier and continued to comb the ravine where the 15-year-old’s body was found.

The forensics team consisting of local and three foreign experts were seen leaving the area at 10.45am, supposedly heading to the Seremban Hospital where a post-mortem examination will be performed.

Malay Mail understands the forensics team is looking for clues into Quoirin’s disappearance on August 4.

Seeking clues to disappearance, police return to ravine where Nora Quoirin’s body was found | Malay Mail

14 August 2019

Quoirins’ lawyer in Malaysia says will press for inquest if post-mortem supports it

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 14 — Lawyer Sankara N. Nair said he would independently contact Attorney General (AG) Tommy Thomas for an inquest into the death of Irish teen Nora Quoirin if the post-mortem examination provides evidence to support this.

The lawyer representing the teen’s family here said they were awaiting the results of the ongoing medical examination before deciding the next course of action.

Quoirins’ lawyer in Malaysia says will press for inquest if post-mortem supports it | Malay Mail

When asked why he was only engaged now after the discovery of the body, the lawyer clarified that he has been retained from the day after the teen disappeared.

“I just didn’t emerge as an official lawyer as they were searching and there was no need to publicise that a lawyer has been engaged.

“Now that there is a finding of remains, I thought it best to come in the open,” Sankara said.

Quoirins’ lawyer in Malaysia says will press for inquest if post-mortem supports it | Malay Mail

14 August 2019

Muhyiddin expresses sympathy, condolences to Nora Quoirin’s family

“I am deeply saddened by the latest development on the case of the missing Irish teen girl, Nora Anne, whose body was found yesterday afternoon.

“I extend my sympathy and condolences to the whole family over the tragedy,” he posted on Facebook.

Muhyiddin also thanked the search and rescue team and all quarters involved in the operation to find the girl for the past 10 days.

Muhyiddin expresses sympathy, condolences to Nora Quoirin’s family | Malay Mail

14 August 2019:

Prayers offered as body of missing teenager Nora Quoirin found in Malaysian jungle

Fr Edward O'Donnell, parish priest of St Brigid's Church in south Belfast - where Nora was baptised - told those gathered that the teenager was "a child of our faith community".

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar described what had happened as "every family's worst nightmare".

He tweeted: "Our thoughts & sincere condolences are with Nora Quoirin's parents, siblings & wider family at this unimaginably difficult time. They have experienced every family's worst nightmare. I'd like to pay tribute to everyone who searched for Nora. May she rest in peace".

Michael D Higgins, President of Ireland, said he offered his "deepest condolences" to Nora's family.

(More at link)

Prayers offered as body of missing teenager Nora Quoirin found in Malaysian jungle

14 August 2019:

'She looked like she was sleeping': Hiker who found Nora Quoirin's body tells how she was lying in plain sight with her head on her hands and questions how previous search teams failed to find her

A hiker who helped find the body of missing teen Nora Quoirin has told how she looked as 'if she were sleeping' when she was discovered lying close to a stream.

Sean Yeap, a volunteer taking part in the search for the 15-year-old, told how her naked remains were found Tuesday lying by a riverbed and that her head was resting on her hands.

Speaking about the moment the body was discovered, Mr Yeap told Mail Online: 'It looked like she was sleeping. Her head was resting on her hands.

'But we all knew she was dead.

'It was very sad and two women in the group did not want to come close and they started crying.'

Mr Yeap raised similar questions, saying that the body was not hidden or covered with foliage and that search teams which passed through the area on previous occasions would have found it, if it had been there.

Nora Quoirin: Hiker who found teen's body tells how she lying in plain sight in Malaysian jungle | Daily Mail Online

14 August 2019:

Continued:

'I could see the body. She was lying with her hands behind her head like you do when you go to sleep. There were some scratches on her arm and some bruises but otherwise there were no injuries,' he said.

'I am not sure, but I think she had been dead a few days.

'I think maybe she was elsewhere and walked to the stream perhaps to drink some water.

'The place where she was found is not easy to find. I wonder if she had been following the stream as there were no footprints which means she could have been walking in the water as it was not very deep.'

Nora Quoirin: Hiker who found teen's body tells how she lying in plain sight in Malaysian jungle | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288