Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Nora had been wandering around she would have needed to go to the loo and surely that would have left strong scents for the dogs to pick up on.
If she had been out in the jungle for that length of time,would she not be covered in bites and perhaps leeches?

It's easy to see because the lungs are full of water.
I’m not sure if it’s quite that straight forward, but I get your drift.

I was thinking, though, that they would be looking for evidence of all other possibilities too. So, even if she drowned, what about whether she had been assaulted first? So I wonder if it would potentially take ages, even if they can establish quickly whether she ultimately drowned?

If Nora had been wandering around she would have needed to go to the loo and surely that would have left strong scents for the dogs to pick up on.
If she had been out in the jungle for that length of time,would she not be covered in bites and perhaps leeches?

There are multiple scents (animal, soil, random poops, etc), around the forest. I doubt that dogs would able to pick up any specific scents.

She would be. Gunung Berembun are pretty famous with tons of leeches. Plus she also exposed to extreme condition (sudden temperature drop during night, mosquito, other disturbing condition). There are various of condition that can be include too. Mostly are cause by nature.

Yes. It’s not simply a case of water in lungs, is it?

Not really no, and even in submerged drownings there's often not that much water per kg. The throat closes up, if I remember my medical training correctly, it’s more ‘choking’.
Obviously when the sphincter relaxes on passing out the lungs WILL flood with water .I totally get what CMC meant though.
There are often obvious causes, drowning can be one of them.

He said the group of men and women, led by Kenny Chan, set off to follow a trail on a palm oil plantation about 1.2miles from where Nora disappeared.

They came across met an Indian man who told them he was familiar with the area and would be able to help them.

A strong smell then led them to where they found Nora's body, at which point the party stood back and contacted the police as two in the group were overcome with emotion.

Mr Yeap, who is an insurance salesman, said the body was not covered by any foliage, though the area it was found is not easy to get to.

He revealed the body had a few bruises and scratches but no signs of any serious injury.
Hiker who found Nora says body dumped after rescuers left waterfall

Not really no, and even in submerged drownings there's often not that much water per kg. The throat closes up, if I remember my medical training correctly, it’s more ‘choking’.
Obviously when the sphincter relaxes on passing out the lungs WILL flood with water .I totally get what CMC meant though.
There are often obvious causes, drowning can be one of them.

This reminds me now, it was said after Nora was born she needed several operations to help her breath. Could her body react differently to a situation where she is not able to breath, like under water?

If she did get dehydrated there might not be a lot of waste elimination.

Also I still think there was a massive area to be covered and the dogs would probably be used closer to the resort trying to pick up a trail to be followed rather than taking such a small number of dogs on several kilometre walks fairly aimlessly through the forest.

If something like footprints or clothing scraps or anything suggestive of Nora having been present in an area was found by searchers, then the dogs could be taken to that specific place within a couple of hours depending on the ease of getting there, so I think that would be the best use of the dogs.

So the dogs might never have gone near the area where Nora was found if the searchers didn't find anything particularly suggestive up there that led to the dogs being called to that spot.

JMO

If she was indeed covered in scratches wouldn't they have to document every single one? Perhaps if she had many that could take some time? Or would they do that later and just right now are looking for literally just cod? I'm not sure just a guess, correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes but the parents Were insisting that she had been abducted. .... seemed to take a good few days for them to come around to the fact she may be in the jungle somewhere

Valuable lost time

Police were already searching though. Police can't eliminate the option of a person being lost in the forest just because the parents believe it's unlikely. Police would require evidence to strongly suggest she wasn't in the forest before closing down searches in the forest, not the other way around.

What is normally done in missing person cases of this nature is a multi-faceted approach...searching the locality in which the person went missing, forensics of the specific location where they went missing from, looking for signs of abduction or other foul play, etc. They didn't just examine the possibility of kidnap before starting to search the forest, they were doing both concurrently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member