Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh oh! Does this mean grandpa Quoirin is in the doghouse?

In other news, this is an interesting quote from the article:

Malaysian police said following a postmortem that Nora starved after her disappearance and there was no evidence of abduction or kidnapping "for the time being".
BBM

Tragic teen's family hit out at 'distressing, unhelpful' comments by relatives
Yes, this clear statement is clearly aimed at grandpa's "dark" comment.

Following paragraph implies the body may be taken to France for a comprehensive post-mortem, which is good.

"The Lucie Blackman Trust is arranging repatriation of Nora's body and no further information concerning this, including dates or destinations, will be released at this point."

That "for the time being" part in following paragraph is from the parents, not from Malaysian police.

Malaysian police said following a postmortem that Nora starved after her disappearance and there was no evidence of abduction or kidnapping "for the time being".

What that means is that the parents still want to prove that Nora was taken.

I’m confused. Do you mean the best way to find criminal intent is if the clothing is found in someone’s home? But what if they are a framed innocent person like you mentioned?
Not at all ... no innocent person should be framed! The clothing will be found in the stream, or in the forest, or will never be found.

What discord? The hell are you guys reading that i've missed? I think you guys are reading into things because you want someone to blame, sorry. JMO or whatever.

There is an article at the end of the last page that is a statement saying (paraphrasing) “don’t listen to anyone but the guy from the Lucie Blackman Trust. Nobody else speaks for the immediate family.” Immediate family is parents and siblings.

A dirt trail come close to the Berembun river at different points. Hikers generally enter via a paved road near a water treatment plant. You will find photos on several FB pages.
Close to Berembun river, but not close to Berembun waterfall.
If it was Nora who was swimming/bathing next to the road, then she was far from the waterfall.
The sighting was on Sunday 7pm?

There is an article at the end of the last page that is a statement saying (paraphrasing) “don’t listen to anyone but the guy from the Lucie Blackman Trust. Nobody else speaks for the immediate family.” Immediate family is parents and siblings.

Just read it, thanks. Gonna wait for Nora's family to directly speak before accepting anything.

Is Lucie Blackman's dad involved with the Lucie Blackman Trust?

I'm not from Malaysia so i have no idea but from an outsiders perspective, i think they've been amazing. Really genuine human response from the people on the ground. That gives me faith in their investigation.
There has been a misunderstanding. I have consistently praised Malaysian search efforts and autopsy process.

People sacrificed their Eid Al Adha vacation, and Deputy PM and Home Minister met the parents.

I am from Dhaka, now live in Ottawa, but many schoolmates are working in Kuala Lumpur. They are all of same high opinion.

I understand now, and yes that seems to be the conclusion of local police too. Nobody saw Nora before the 8AM alert by her father.

It is a very quiet place at night, and random people do not pass through the resort.

Dutch guests from nearby cabin reported hearing some splashing in the pool before midnight, and far away noise of a vehicle around 3AM. I am sure police checked those out. The vehicle may even have been theirs.

Dogs did pick up her scent outdoors, but couldn't trace it beyond 1000ft, according to one report.
Just to be correct: the Dutch did not hear a splash in the pool, they heard a rustling sound by the pool.
And according to several media, they had no car, as they had come by taxi.

Just read it, thanks. Gonna wait for Nora's family to directly speak before accepting anything.

Is Lucie Blackman's dad involved with the Lucie Blackman Trust?

I’m not sure on that. I haven’t heard of the LBT until this case. I take that article to be the parents directly speaking.

I’m not sure on that. I haven’t heard of the LBT until this case. I take that article to be the parents directly speaking.

Lucie's dad is famous for accepting a payment from her killer to say he was innocent. The book about Lucie: The People Who Eat Darkness is amazing and terrifying. If he's involved with the trust i take it with a grain of salt, if her mum is instead then i trust it.

Ulcers are not caused by stress, as was previously thought. The majority are caused by an H. pylori bacterial infection or overuse of medications such as NSAIDs. Stress and lack of food can make symptoms worse and eventually cause a perforation, but don’t cause ulcers. Nóra must have already had an ulcer, or possibly a gastric tumor.
French or UK post-mortem tests will clarify if Nora had significant ulcer or tumor already.

Malaysian experts were only sure about stress and prolonged hunger causing the bleeding and perforation.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

If you would read back, this trust was appointed by the family after the initial info was released by an aunt wo did her very best to get Nora´s situation into the press.

This was followed by statements by Nora´s grandfather in France, who was the first to provide some insight into her disabilities.

In the meantime, the swimming sighting occurred.

Nobody had any idea of the extent of Nora's disabilities at this time (perhaps not even the police nor SAR).

It was only a couple of days later that info was released by Nora's mother detailing her daughter's disability. This did make any reference to Nora's swimming ability.

What the grandfather has said in recent days is that he believes Nora may have dumped at the waterfall.

Last edited by a moderator:
They did not say they were sure. They stated it was "thought" to be a result of starvation and stress.
Some articles may have stated that was the reason, but the statement by LE was that they believed that was the cause, not that they were sure. There are other factors that may have contributed to the duodenal ulcer. Imo

Last edited:
Rewards have been shown to be more of a hinder to the investigation than a help.

There are very few cases where people have collected a reward after giving a tip to LE that led to a missing person.
What it seems to do most is lead to hundreds of useless tips that investigators are required to follow through with. Imo

A reward for what and to whom? A local businessman offered a reward i believe, wasn't the collection after Nora was discovered?

Law Enforcement also usually advises you not to offer an award because it compromises their investigation with how many tips they get, if it's on a smaller scale it's easier to manage.

They also don't owe anyone anything, them offering a reward wouldn't have brought this case to a close sooner and they obviously knew that because she was in a jungle.

Really don´t get your logic here. The best people were searching.

Rewards have been shown to be more of a hinder to the investigation than a help.

There are very few cases where people have collected a reward after giving a tip to LE that led to a missing person.
What it seems to do most is lead to hundreds of useless tips that investigators are required to follow through with. Imo
I understood his post about reward differently.

In some countries, if you really think your child has been kidnapped, you offer a quick reward for tips that can get the child back to you, alive.

Lucie's dad is famous for accepting a payment from her killer to say he was innocent. The book about Lucie: The People Who Eat Darkness is amazing and terrifying. If he's involved with the trust i take it with a grain of salt, if her mum is instead then i trust it.

Just checked. Its the same Lucie killed in Japan?

I understood his post about reward differently.

In some countries, if you really think your child has been kidnapped, you offer a quick reward for tips that can get the child back to you, alive.
In South America and some other places where kids/people are intentfully kidnapped for ransom that may be the case. These are premeditated cases. In this instance, I doubt very much that a criminal could plan it so perfectly well to the extent that she was taken out of the villa literally “under the nose” of her parents and siblings without trace or anyone noticing. That is just too well executed and odd for somebody who wants money for the kid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288