Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #5

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Ellmau, Aug 4, 2019.

1. tree1

tree1 Well-Known Member

If only we knew, or more importantly, her parents knew if it was Nora in the river that first day but doubt a definite link can ever be confirmed. I do wonder if police have put out an appeal for anyone swimming in that river at that time could come forward. I have seen tourism pictures showing people swimming in rivers. I am totally on the fence now in relation to the circumstances. All I know is my heart breaks for Nora and her family. If she did somehow wander off think this was a freak one time incident for whatever reason. Bad dream, couldn't sleep, disorientated etc. To lay any blame at the parents door for choice of holiday, location of Nora's bedroom etc is cruel in my opinion. They had been to Asia before I read and knew Nora better than anyone. If she did wander off, they are serving a life sentence of guilt I imagine. Still hoping they get answers . My very initial thought when Nora was found was that still an abduction but Nora became unwell and the perpetrator panicked.

2. Kubirai

Kubirai Well-Known Member

Thanks for the correction! I will edit the post and remove that map.

3. Kubirai

Time has passed to edit my earlier post, but that is a different waterfall with same name. Check the clarification post above. Sorry.

4. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Fortunately there are many schools that teach children with disabilities like Nora's.
    It would not be fair or appropriate (or even legal) in most countries to deny a child an education based on their disability. Mainstreaming has been the norm for many years. In fact in the US someone with a similar disability can go to a regular public school. They would be required to hire a full-time aid who would be with the student all day.
    They don't just put children in hospitals and institutions like they did many years ago. At least, certainly not where her family lived. Imo

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  5. Kubirai

That wasn't my intention. I was only commenting that Nora could have been seen in the river on the first day, trying to get back to her family.

I was consistent about my theory that she may have been "left" on the trail by someone.

Lyndaloo, Chiatos, watcher9 and 6 others like this.
  6. Kubirai

Any female guest or hiker who thought they were mistaken for Nora would have contacted police after hearing about the witness account. So far, no one has come forward. So it was probably Nora, or the witness was mistaken.

7. michellemarls

michellemarls Active Member

8. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I don't think we even know if she was able to swim.
    She may have spent time in a pool as part of her therapy, but I doubt she was a strong swimmer, if she could swim independently at all.

Lyndaloo, watcher9, dotr and 3 others like this.
  9. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

I doubt it. I can’t imagine they want anymore investigating at this point.

Simply Southern and momrids6 like this.
  10. Kubirai

Child hikers wade across these streams on family hikes from Dusun to Lata Berembun. FB has photos and description.

watcher9 and momrids6 like this.
  11. SuperTmo

Yep, I saw her. That doesn’t change my viewpoint...

momrids6 likes this.
  12. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

I would think they would want to keep investigating.
    they have many unanswered questions.

13. SuperTmo

With all due respect you are assuming these things. We have zero idea what services she received outside of school, when the last time she was in the hospital, or even if she has been to the doctor for any reason recently. Unless there is a link you can’t state these as facts.

rhino, MsBetsy, Kubirai and 1 other person like this.
  14. SuperTmo

There are most definitely schools for severely developmentally disabled children. I worked at one. Kids who didn’t need to be in a hospital or care facility, but also couldn’t go to a regular school or one like Nora’s. They didn’t teach the stuff being shown on Nora’s school’s video. Who knows? Maybe they didn’t show the children who fall in the severe category.

Either way it is very clean that Nora seemed to have had a very mild form of her disorder based on what is available to read online about it. Some kids with the same disorder have almost normally formed brains and only demonstrate facial characteristics and mild learning disabilities. But you guys are free to assume she was in the worst category despite the things we know about her.

The kids at the school I worked at all were dependent on being hand fed or receiving TPN, all needed help toileting or having diapers changed. But they all lived at home with their families. None of them were capable of the things the kids in school video were.

watcher9, Ruthbullock and momrids6 like this.
  15. SuperTmo

Oh sorry if I was unclear. I was only referencing the last part of the comment I quoted, about people being uneasy about approaching Nora if they saw her. I don’t know enough about the geography and the person in the river to have an opinion on whether that was her or not. Based on what you said, it sounds like it wasn’t her. But then again over the course of a week, she could have covered far more ground than anyone expects. It’s sad that we’ll never know.

watcher9 and momrids6 like this.
  16. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

What does this mean.... that the waterfalls were mixed up on purpose.
    And to try and prove Nora got there on her own..... Who would do that and why? I guess I’m a bit confused.

SmilingSweetly and momrids6 like this.
  17. SuperTmo

I agree that someone took her there.

Lyndaloo, RachelZachary, abr and 3 others like this.
  18. SuperTmo

What if it was a tourist who left town right away? She may not have even known.

enchilada, tree1, FrankHoney and 2 others like this.
  19. Kubirai

Even if she didn't come across the news, some friend would have told her, since she just came back from Malaysia.

Noseyjosie likes this.
  20. SuperTmo

Maybe. I suppose it will depend on what the toxicology and DNA tests show. If both have nothing substantial, I think the parents will not pursue another autopsy. But if there are results that surprise them or are unexpected, they might to see about getting another one to see if the outcome has the same or a different result.

watcher9, neesaki and momrids6 like this.