Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an indication that facts don't matter that much to her. Her motivation may well come from the very best place - as Neesaki says: "Don't we also advocate for the victim?", and Nora is the victim, her parents aren't - but facts are important. If she did say "Malaysian police said that Nora did not go alone", you can't take what she says seriously after that, can you?

She would have been better off saying the parents said she couldn’t go alone and the police said she wasn’t kidnapped. So where does that leave us?

I think when the first news of the case broke and people heard parents saying abduction from a holiday house they were thinking about another case so were suspicious about family involvement.
As more facts were given and particularly when Nora was found and it was stated how long she survived before death,people excluded this theory.

Based on what I’ve read in other places, people actually started feeling suspicious, or at least giving a voice to their suspicions, after she was found. Because it doesn’t make sense.

However, the simplest explanation is that she wandered away on her own and she was more able than the parents or anyone else really expected. I still think she work up and in her groggy state and being unfamiliar with the house, mistook the front door for their bedroom door and once outside, she was confused and disoriented and went looking for them.

ETA I just wish we’d find out for sure and mean how this all happened, the movements she made, etc.. I don’t like the not knowing.

I'm not sure. I was asking about FMT, or whichever it was.
I'm not good at figuring out what is allowed. Probably best to ask a mod.
Didn't the head of police there warn about rumors in the media early on? That it wasn't allowed or that there would be consequences, or something like that?
I can't remember now what he said.

Anyway, it's a shame that this woman would blame the family without knowing all the details of the investigation.
Imo

Last edited:
UK charity denies Nora's family involved in her death
"PETALING JAYA: A UK-based missing persons charity supporting the family of Nora Anne Quoirin have rejected an Irish lawyer’s allegation that the family were complicit in Nora Anne’s disappearance and death.

“There is no truth in this story,” said Matthew Searle, chief executive of the Lucie Blackman Trust, in a brief reply to FMT when asked for comments on FMT’s report today that police were looking into the claims raised by lawyer Anne Brennan.

Brennan, who is a child activist, had accused Nora’s family of doing “everything in their power to subvert the course of justice”. She alleged that the parents, Meabh and Sebastien Quorin, had “high-tailed” it out of the country upon receiving a guarantee that they would not be investigated for any involvement in the teenager’s disappearance and death."

"Searle declined comment on Brennan’s claims nor would he state if legal action would be taken against Brennan."

Were they in the article? I read it but don’t recall that, so I might have missed something important there. Regardless of what her theories are, I am only addressing how or why people might be questioning the way this all played out, since someone asked how they could possibly be involved or why anyone would suggest such a thing.

It does seem that you may have missed something if you have not seen the inaccuracies in her article/comments which she uses to support her argument.

Your second comment people might be questioning is more general and not confined to AB, which was the point I was responding to you about.

I’ve only read the article, so I don’t know what she posted or where to find it.

But if posting info that is wrong discredits her, doesn’t the same go for the rest of the players in the story?
Sometimes one may find info.by typing in the appropriate names into the google images search engine where some fb pages screenshots may be seen.
FWIW, imo.

It does seem that you may have missed something if you have not seen the inaccuracies in her article/comments which she uses to support her argument.

Your second comment people might be questioning is more general and not confined to AB, which was the point I was responding to you about.

The article doesn’t seem to point out inconsistencies. Maybe I’m reading a different link than you. Can you post it or tell me which it is so I can make sure I’m on the same page? I’m not sure what your second paragraph is about. I’m confused lol.

Sometimes one may find info.by typing in the appropriate names into the google images search engine where some fb pages screenshots may be seen.
FWIW, imo.

I have found her fb but haven’t read enough yet to find the inaccuracies just yet, but i’ll be reading more. But it’s not really reasonable for posters to jump on someone for not finding something posted on a fb page when we were discussing an article posted in the thread...which has nothing written about when they arrived in country or when the parents got married. Nobody reads minds here.

That said, the article isn’t incorrect, because I do remember hearing it said that if she left with someone it was someone known to her because there is no evidence at all of an abduction. That wasn’t stated as a fact that she absolutely left with someone known to her but as a hypothetical if/then. If there was no sign of an abduction, and if she couldn’t or wouldn’t leave on her own or willingly with a stranger, then the logical conclusion is she left with someone known to her. This isn’t hard.

I’ve only read the article, so I don’t know what she posted or where to find it.

But if posting info that is wrong discredits her, doesn’t the same go for the rest of the players in the story?
No. Most news sources have stated facts based on the investigation whereas her "facts" appear to be her own opinions.
Police have never at any point indicated a third party was involved.
Their theory is that Nora left the house on her own and got lost in the jungle.
Imo

Last edited:
I have found her fb but haven’t read enough yet to find the inaccuracies just yet, but i’ll be reading more. But it’s not really reasonable for posters to jump on someone for not finding something posted on a fb page when we were discussing an article posted in the thread...which has nothing written about when they arrived in country or when the parents got married. Nobody reads minds here.

That said, the article isn’t incorrect, because I do remember hearing it said that if she left with someone it was someone known to her because there is no evidence at all of an abduction. That wasn’t stated as a fact that she absolutely left with someone known to her but as a hypothetical if/then. If there was no sign of an abduction, and if she couldn’t or wouldn’t leave on her own or willingly with a stranger, then the logical conclusion is she left with someone known to her. This isn’t hard.
Simply posted directions to help you find something i thought you were looking for.
I cannot access fb.:)

No. Most news sources have stated facts based on the investigation whereas her "facts" appear to be her own opinions.
Police have never at any point indicated a third part was involved.
Their theory is that Nora left the house on her own and got lost in the jungle.
Imo
I don't recall the Police stating she left on her own, just that there was no evidence of an abduction. The family believes she could never have gotten there on her own.
So if she didn't leave on her own and wasn't kidnapped / abducted ....

What happened to Nora Quoirin in Malaysia? The unanswered questions over the missing schoolgirl’s death
Detectives believe Nora left through the accommodation's ground-floor aluminium framed window, before her dad alerted cops of her disappearance the next day at 8am.

The family's lawyer Charles Morel said the teen’s disability made it very unlikely that she left the lodge at night and walked to the bottom of a ravine by herself.

"Vulnerable" Nora - who was born with the brain defect holoprosencephaly - is believed to have been dead for up to three days before being found in a spot search crews had already examined.

The condition left her struggling to complete everyday tasks and with limited speech, walking ability and co-ordination.

Morel said: "One of the effects of her condition is that she was very dependent on her parents.

"She was shy, she was quickly scared, she had travelled for 18 hours and she was exhausted.

"So there is no reason why she would leave the lodge in the night, almost naked.

"There is no previous episode in her life to suggest she might do something like this."

Negeri Sembilan Police Chief, Mohamad Mat Yusop, said authorities had found no evidence of foul play despite fears the teen had been abducted and her body dumped.

He said: "For the time being there is no element of abduction or kidnapping."

But for me it comes back to WHY? Why would someone steal what is apparently a significantly disabled teenager? How’d they get her out of that tiny house? She’s bigger than I am. (Not that she is large, I just stopped growing at like 10, but I suspect someone would struggle to carry me out in that house) With no evidence of abuse, what was the point of taking her? Just to hang out?

That’s the sticking point with me too. There’s no motive whatsoever. She wasn’t assaulted sexually or physically, there was no ransom demand, nothing. Unless proof is found to say otherwise, I will always believe Nora, for reasons we may never know, left of her own will and tragically got lost in the jungle. Such a sad case all round.

Can you enlighten us on what other "players" in the "story" have posted? As far as I know, the parents have maintained a dignified online silence?

There are actually a lot of people who feel the same way as Ms. Brennan. You’ll find them on Reddit, on other forums like this but where people are able to discuss every theory. The fact what we aren’t allowed to talk about potential parental involvement doesn’t mean there aren’t theories on their involvement that probably make more sense than her leaving along or someone stealing her. I think these theories deserve to be aired out so they can be put to rest just like the theory of kidnapping has been.

I’m not saying these theories are what happened to Nora or that her parents had anything to do with it AT ALL. I’m not blaming them or even saying whether I think they did it or not. I’m just saying there are theories that are just as plausible.

To be honest, I am surprise that nobody looked at them twice, simply to investigate and rule out. Even before she was found, nobody suspected them, but I know this case isn’t something authorities there seem to deal with regularly like our FBI does.
I think if this same case happened in America, to a family with less money, they would be the first one we focused on because it’s the simplest explanation and they themselves insist she didn’t leave alone. Consider the case of Deorr Kunz Jr. who went missing in the vast Idaho wilderness. The parents were immediately suspected.

Again, this isn’t a blaming post, I’m just explaining why people may suspect the parents.
Thank goodness WS is a victim friendly community that asks posters to substantiate claims with facts and links.

It means we don't get trolls who enjoy adding to the misery of grieving families by spinning wild yarns around amongst themselves, so the yarns become "facts" for them to enjoy gossiping about.

I have no intention of visiting other sites where these creatures lurk.

But each to their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member