Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malaysian police admit 'inexperienced' officers may have missed 'vital clues' in 10-day search for Nora Quoirin as her family fly 15-year-old's body back to UK
Another senior officer, who also asked not to be named, said the area where Nora was found was yesterday still being investigated by forensic officers to see if there were any signs that Nora was abducted or assaulted before her death. Her underwear has not been found.
18 Aug 2019
Malaysian police admit 'inexperienced' officers may have missed 'vital clues' in Nora Quoirin search | Daily Mail Online

The article doesn’t seem to point out inconsistencies. Maybe I’m reading a different link than you. Can you post it or tell me which it is so I can make sure I’m on the same page? I’m not sure what your second paragraph is about. I’m confused lol.

Ah sorry, I thought you had read all of ABs comments, not just one article. The information you need is easily found but not able to be linked on here, am sure you understand why.

With regard to my second paragraph

You said
Regardless of what her theories are, I am only addressing how or why people might be questioning the way this all played out

As I said earlier, my reply to you was in response to your specific comment re AB and the veracity or otherwise of her comments.
People might be questioning - is a different topic.

I don't recall the Police stating she left on her own, just that there was no evidence of an abduction. The family believes she could never have gotten there on her own.
So if she didn't leave on her own and wasn't kidnapped / abducted ....

What happened to Nora Quoirin in Malaysia? The unanswered questions over the missing schoolgirl’s death
Right. They stated there was no evidence of abduction and she got lost in the jungle after having gone through the window. At no time did they say there was any involvement by a third person, which is clearly stated in the article as fact. Imo

I have found her fb but haven’t read enough yet to find the inaccuracies just yet, but i’ll be reading more. But it’s not really reasonable for posters to jump on someone for not finding something posted on a fb page when we were discussing an article posted in the thread...which has nothing written about when they arrived in country or when the parents got married. Nobody reads minds here.

That said, the article isn’t incorrect, because I do remember hearing it said that if she left with someone it was someone known to her because there is no evidence at all of an abduction. That wasn’t stated as a fact that she absolutely left with someone known to her but as a hypothetical if/then. If there was no sign of an abduction, and if she couldn’t or wouldn’t leave on her own or willingly with a stranger, then the logical conclusion is she left with someone known to her. This isn’t hard.

Just to clarify - I was not referring to the social media outlet you are speaking about - which in general is not allowed on WS...I was talking of another msm link entirely.
I do not see any posters jumping on you, if you raise a topic then you have to reasonably expect that others will respond and can add their comments, based on their research, to the discussion.

I have found her fb but haven’t read enough yet to find the inaccuracies just yet, but i’ll be reading more. But it’s not really reasonable for posters to jump on someone for not finding something posted on a fb page when we were discussing an article posted in the thread...which has nothing written about when they arrived in country or when the parents got married. Nobody reads minds here.

That said, the article isn’t incorrect, because I do remember hearing it said that if she left with someone it was someone known to her because there is no evidence at all of an abduction. That wasn’t stated as a fact that she absolutely left with someone known to her but as a hypothetical if/then. If there was no sign of an abduction, and if she couldn’t or wouldn’t leave on her own or willingly with a stranger, then the logical conclusion is she left with someone known to her. This isn’t hard.
LE has not said the logical assumption is that she left with someone known to her. They have never mentioned a third party at all. It is only the viewpoint of the lawyer, who would not know the details of the investigation out side of what we have already read in the media.
Can you link the statement by LE that their "hypothesis" is that she left with someone known to her?

Almost all of her statements are incorrect or misleading. They did not "convince authorities to abandon their murder inquiry and release Nora's body without producing the necessary forensic and toxicology reports that form part of every standard criminal death investigations."

They don't even have all the results back yet and have in fact indicated that they are waiting for these results.

They have not done "everything in their power to subvert the course of justice." In fact they are calling on just the opposite.

They did not "hightail it out of the country upon being "guaranteed" they would not be investigated.

They were granted permission to leave by LE. I would also think they were anxious to bring their daughter home and be with their family. How could they have possibly done more to help with the investigation? That's up to the experts now.

At no time were the family ever suspects.

So as for the notion the article is "not incorrect," the majority of it is not only incorrect, it is biased and opinionated.

Last edited:
No. Most news sources have stated facts based on the investigation whereas her "facts" appear to be her own opinions.
Police have never at any point indicated a third party was involved.
Their theory is that Nora left the house on her own and got lost in the jungle.
Imo

I wasn’t referring to the news media.

The 'parents did it' option makes even less sense than the other options. And that's saying something!

Perhaps it makes less sense if you don’t get a chance to really hear the other theories. But there are plenty of theories that actually make perfect sense. Or at least aren’t any crazier than the rest of the theories. Nobody wants to think anyone would intentionally do something this awful, so you have to be willing to let your mind go there.

It makes 0 sense the parents did it if she didn't die the day she went missing, otherwise, they would have had to have kept her hidden, all while being with LE and the media.

Not possible.

I’m sure there is still outstanding tests that will put the issue to rest.

Can you enlighten us on what other "players" in the "story" have posted? As far as I know, the parents have maintained a dignified online silence?

The info about Nora’s condition, put out by the parents prior to her being discovered, was not accurate, the missing info about her wanting to see the waterfall, etc.. Those are pretty big reasons that people in other online spaces have cited as things that gave them pause. Shrug. Everyone is free to believe and interpret info as they please.

The info about Nora’s condition, put out by the parents prior to her being discovered, was not accurate, the missing info about her wanting to see the waterfall, etc.. Those are pretty big reasons that people in other online spaces have cited as things that gave them pause. Shrug. Everyone is free to believe and interpret info as they please.
It was never stated that the family neglected to tell LE about the waterfall, or even if they told them at all. It was reported that the hikers "heard" she was excited about the waterfall.
It was also never reported that the parents description of her disabilities was not accurate. This was cleared up a long time ago.

It's not a matter of interpreting information as people please, it's a matter of repeating innaccurate information as reported by the media, and basing speculation and theories on those "facts". Imo

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

Websleuths is victim friendly. These parents are victims who have lost their daughter, so if your post is not victim friendly, it will be removed.

OK, good for you I guess? I prefer to explore all possibilities. That doesn’t mean I’m blaming anyone. I just like to see all sides and make an informed decision. People asked how Anne Brennan could have come to this conclusion and so I’m sharing what I have come across. It’s a discussion, not blaming. Just because you don’t agree with someone’s opinion doesn’t make them a troll.

What were you referring to? I thought you were talking about the recent article regarding the lawyers statements?

I was. Someone said she discredited herself by saying things that weren’t accurate. I said if that is the case shouldn’t that work for all players in the case. Someone assumed I meant the media but I didn’t.

I believe a lot of the people who think the same things AB does feel the parents discredited themselves by not being forthcoming with the bit about Nora wanting to see the waterfall or with giving conflicting statements about her disabilities. The sudden new info and then she was found (LBT released a statement about her being found after new info came out) is what led to this. Prior to that I couldn’t find anything about their involvement, anywhere. Right, wrong, or otherwise, it gave people a pause. It doesn’t mean they did anything, but it does make AB and others question them. Again, I’m just trying to explain how or why people believe and are giving credence to what AB suggested. She may be totally wrong and probably a bit too aggressive with stating her opinion, but I’m a firm believer in exploring every angle.

I agree. And the sighting was on Sunday 7pm.
A direct flight from London arrives at KL at 5pm...... I posted this earlier.
Other *non direct* flights from London arrive later than 7pm ....
Is it ok to say I put "parents did it" somewhere below "alien abduction" in probabilities?

Jinn abduction makes more sense than parents’ involvement? Perhaps...

It was never stated that the family neglected to tell LE about the waterfall, or even if they told them at all. It was reported that the hikers "heard" she was excited about the waterfall.
It was also never reported that the parents description of her disabilities was not accurate. This was cleared up a long time ago.

It's not a matter of interpreting information as people please, it's a matter of repeating innaccurate information as reported by the media, and basing speculation and theories on those "facts". Imo

You think the issues were cleared up, but obviously there are a lot of people who do not. The LBT guy said the hikers found her after acting on previously unknown information. If their mouthpiece is saying that, it was obviously unknown.

The info about her disability changed significantly from day 2 to day 4/5, and was much much worse. You can disagree with me, but I’m not sure how anyone can disagree with “she looks younger and can’t take care of herself” being way different than “she doesn’t understand concepts, cannot communicate well, and has mobility issues” (obviously paraphrased and not a direct quote - we all have seen the quotes repeatedly). I am basing these statements off the word of the parents and the guy they authorized to speak for them. Maybe it just didn’t seem important at the time, and so it got left out. Idk.

This lawyer is sick. I’m sorry I always look first at family as stats show you are probably right, however this is just dumb. They could come up with hundreds of better ways of bumping her off than ruining a holiday for everyone, spending a fortune on something never to be taken and...more importantly...leaving a girl wandering around alive where she could be discovered any second. It’s a stupid *advertiser censored* idea...she could have been found at 830 that same morning she left, and then what?

I don’t see anything suspicious in this case. It’s very sad and if I was the family I would scream abduction too, but there is zero evidence to support these crazy theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave