Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been lurking here since the beginning.

I am the parent of a daughter with special needs.

I will never believe Nora wandered that far on her own, I agree with her Grandfather, "it is absurd".

Unfortunately, I am just not certain if anything more can/will be done, however, now that her family is heading home they may attempt some further investigating.
If Nora's family truly believes a crime was committed I just cannot imagine they will be able to move in any healing direction until they are satisfied they have left no stone unturned.

Whatever they do, I truly hope they are able to find some eventual peace. My heart is broken for this family.

JMO

I will never believe Nora wandered that far on her own, I agree with her Grandfather, "it is absurd".

I share your opinion as quoted above.

In less than four weeks Nora with her LD’s and vulnerabilities went missing and was then found dead in tragic circumstances. Whilst I expect investigations are still taking place it feels as though this has become an open and almost closed case in less than four weeks (hopefully not) which is just my opinion and nothing more.

Last edited:
I share your opinion as quoted above.

In less than four weeks Nora with her LD’s and vulnerabilities went missing and was then found dead in tragic circumstances. Whilst I expect investigations are still taking place it feels as though this has become an open and almost closed case in less than four weeks (hopefully not) which is just my opinion and nothing more.
- Clarification: I do not mean open and almost closed in the legal sense I mean open and almost closed in that it seems to be almost concluded and wrapped up very quickly - Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Article from today ~

Her clothes have still not been found. The Irish and French police have said they are satisfied with the work of the local pathology.

Police chief Yusop said: “There is no request from Ireland to do a second post-mortem. In fact, the liaison police officer from France was “very’ satisfied with the pathologist’s work.”

The family of a 15-year-old Nora prepare to bring her home
I highlighted the key points.

New autopsy and toxicology reports will not reveal anything relevant to how Nora Q ended up in the forest trail on Aug 5, or where she was hiding during Aug 5-10 searches, and how her body was not discovered for 2/3 days.

Location and condition of her clothes will have tremendous value in a proper investigation. Her hiding places may still have her DNA, from bruises and scratches. But it seems no more searches will be done.

Has this item come by?
https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2019/08/513190/retrieving-nora-quoirins-body-no-easy-task

After being informed of the discovery of the body at 1.57pm on Tuesday, search-and-rescue (SAR) team members got into several vehicles, including fourwheel-drives, and rushed to the location some 2.5km from the resort where she was reported missing on Aug 4.
However, the jungle track became too narrow for the vehicles and the team had to continue on foot, walking another 500m along slippery and steep slopes, made more treacherous by roots and stones.
A member of the team, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the team had to wade through two deep streams.
When they arrived at the scene, they found Nora’s body lying on a rock near a stream, he said.
It is learnt that the team was prepared to carry her body out of the jungle, but the team’s superior decided that the body would be winched out on a helicopter to
save time. This was because carrying her body through the treacherous terrain would have taken some time.
16ntsar_1565925643.jpg

So the spot where Nora was found, can be reached by 4WD up to 500m away.

Has this item come by?
https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2019/08/513190/retrieving-nora-quoirins-body-no-easy-task

After being informed of the discovery of the body at 1.57pm on Tuesday, search-and-rescue (SAR) team members got into several vehicles, including fourwheel-drives, and rushed to the location some 2.5km from the resort where she was reported missing on Aug 4.
However, the jungle track became too narrow for the vehicles and the team had to continue on foot, walking another 500m along slippery and steep slopes, made more treacherous by roots and stones.
A member of the team, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the team had to wade through two deep streams.
When they arrived at the scene, they found Nora’s body lying on a rock near a stream, he said.
It is learnt that the team was prepared to carry her body out of the jungle, but the team’s superior decided that the body would be winched out on a helicopter to
save time. This was because carrying her body through the treacherous terrain would have taken some time.
16ntsar_1565925643.jpg

So the spot where Nora was found, can be reached by 4WD up to 500m away.

For those of us who do miles instead of meters, the 4WD vehicle got within 3 tenths of a mile...very close, except for the difficult terrain...too difficult to carry her out quickly.

I have been lurking here since the beginning.

I am the parent of a daughter with special needs.

Unfortunately, I am just not certain if anything more can/will be done, however, now that her family is heading home they may attempt some further investigating.
If Nora's family truly believes a crime was committed I just cannot imagine they will be able to move in any healing direction until they are satisfied they have left no stone unturned.

Whatever they do, I truly hope they are able to find some eventual peace. My heart is broken for this family.

JMO
The funny thing is the parents put out a statement saying that only the trust represented them and to ignore other quotes which seemed pretty odd really.

The funny thing is the parents put out a statement saying that only the trust represented them and to ignore other quotes which seemed pretty odd really.
I think that was after there had been innaccurate reporting by several news sources.
There were also statements made by extended family members that were not helpful and caused a lot of confusion.
I'm sure any quote from investigators or those involved with the case is reliable. Some statements have been misinterpreted, like the first interview with their lawyer. He had to address the media a second time to clear things up. Imo

Not that it matters particularly, but just because I find it interesting.

Maebh is from Belfast.

Nationality and citizenship
Northern Ireland is part of the UK. However, under the Belfast Agreement, people born in Northern Ireland can choose to be British citizens, Irish citizens or both.
I thought she was fron NI but didnt want to state it as I wasn't sure.

Location of Berembun waterfall in Pahang, mount Benom: Lata Berembun - Waterfall - Raub | TravelMalaysia
Click on the Google maps button in the webpage. North of Kuala Lumpur.

Location of Nora's Berembun waterfall, South East of Kuala Lumpur:
17333346-7365221-The_naked_body_of_Nora_who_had_serious_learning_difficulties_was-a-47_1565984951015.jpg
It can be confusing as there are at least two Lata Berembuns in Malaysia. The one that the Dusun resort is near is located south of KL, near Pantai, whereas the other unrelated one is at Pahang, north of KL.

I highlighted the key points.

New autopsy and toxicology reports will not reveal anything relevant to how Nora Q ended up in the forest trail on Aug 5, or where she was hiding during Aug 5-10 searches, and how her body was not discovered for 2/3 days.

Location and condition of her clothes will have tremendous value in a proper investigation. Her hiding places may still have her DNA, from bruises and scratches. But it seems no more searches will be done.
The reports might reveal if she had been drugged etc or they could reveal something that she ingested which could place her somewhere during that period of time.

The reports might reveal if she had been drugged etc or they could reveal something that she ingested which could place her somewhere during that period of time.
Yes, toxicology tests will reveal what kind of medicine and drugs were in her systems, and since when.

First post-mortem report implies Nora didn't eat anything during the previous week. That may not change.

Earlier, Datuk Seri Mohamad Hasan (BN Umno-Rantau) advised the state government against promoting eco-tourism in the state – including in Bukit Berembun under the Lenggeng constituency – without considering aspects of safety and security.

He cited the tragedy of Irish teenager Nora Anne Quoirin, 15, who was found dead after going missing for 10 days from a resort near here.

Unlicensed resort operators in Negri to face music

Does anyone know when the funeral wil be due?
I think the family want to keep it private, no idea when it will be or if its already happened.

Are there any outstanding PM test results and are they likely to be made public?

At this moment in time, news coverage seems to have stopped in my opinion - Are we likely to hear any more about this sad and tragic case?

In my opinion the tragedy and main events all took place in a very short space of time being less than approximately 4 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998