Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #7

Ellmau

Reaction score
Girl, 15, vanishes on Malaysian holiday

Nora Quoirin, who has learning difficulties, arrived there with her family on Saturday for a two week "trip of a lifetime".

They were staying in the town of Seremban, on the edge of rainforest near Kuala Lumpur.

When her parents awoke on Sunday morning they found her missing and the window of her hotel room open.

The friend of the family, who works for the BBC in Northern Ireland, estimated that by noon UK time she had already been missing for 12 hours.

Malaysian Police are said to be looking for Nora with sniffer dogs.

ACTIVE SEARCH - Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1
Thread #2 - Found Deceased - Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #2
Thread #3 - Found Deceased - Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3
Thread #4 -Found Deceased - Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #4
Thread #5
Thread #6

Last edited by a moderator:
Help needed here...
Can someone post the youtube link to Meabh's testimony please?
:rolleyes:

I have heard a very small piece of Meabh's testimony. So I would have to listen to more of it.
Thank you for your transcription, I might have to re-read it again.

Meabh mentioned the possibility of Nora having exited through the window of the mezzanine, not the ground floor window. I think she was answering to a question. Meabh said (more or less): but Nora would have been on the balcony. Stressing the word balcony and emphasising that Nora would have been above ground.
I'd have to look up the context and everything about this subject and the "anatomy" of that window and balcony to understand more.
I was merely talking about when Nora first went missing and what was reported in various papers at the time, nothing specific in anyone’s testimony.

She didn't even mention the staircase in the video. That was written by the author of the article.

One thing she mentioned which I still think is significant is the response by the police on that first day. It took them at least three hours to arrive at the hotel. They did not even start searching until later that evening, and reportedly ended early. They did not set up a perimeter, or set up road blocks, or stop and question the drivers of vehicles within a specific perimeter.

In any case where a child goes missing, is abducted, or is endangered, the first 24 hours are crucial, especially the first few hours following the disappearance.

Police wasted valuable time in this case. If they had done things differently, she may have been found much sooner, alive.

Imo

I added the timings to my posts, so if you are looking for a specific question it may help skip through it.
Thanks again Ruthbullock.
I have found Meabh mentioning the "balcony" and I presume she means the mezzanine.
At 2:54 the sound disappears and then it comes back. The exact question posed by the lawyer of the Dusun isn't very clear, but Meabh answered that Nora would have been outside the Sora, but within metres of the Sora*. (I assume they were referring to the front door????*)
Immediately after Meabh adds that Nora could have also been standing on the balcony, but that would inside the house. (So mezzanine)
*Meabh had considered the possibility of Nora exiting through the front door earlier, at 1:28.

At 2:37 Meabh mentioned Nora's height and weight:
- 5ft, 1 inch = 155 cm
- 30 kg

The one window that was found open was waist high from the outside: 1:07 and 1:11 but on flat ground and therefore accessible
The other two windows were still closed and were not accessible from the outside because the were facing a steep slope.

Now I am asking myself: what about the window of the mezzanine? No questions were asked about that window?

Thanks again Ruthbullock.
I have found Meabh mentioning the "balcony" and I presume she means the mezzanine.
Immediately after Meabh adds that Nora could have also been standing on the balcony, but that would inside the house. (So mezzanine)

I don't think she means the mezzanine. There is a large open area leading off the mezzanine floor, and surely that is what is meant by the balcony.
See the photo in post 981.
Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #6

This case is a real head scratcher. I looked at about 500 photographs on TripAdvisor, and there were some of Sora House, but none which made the layout any clearer. I read a fair few comments and criticism of the resort, and several expressed fear over security issues. Here’s one of the pictures:

Sora House - Picture of The Dusun, Seremban - Tripadvisor

somewhere among these 500 is the one I’m referencing! I’ll make another attempt to capture it.

I have sorted out the balcony in relation to the bathroom.
Earlier I posted the photo that had been shown during Sebastian's testimony. The bathroom can be accessed through two openings:
from the master bedroom and from the BALCONY. Not from the living area:
PArNa0v.jpg

The wooden sliding doors to the master bedroom and the white glass door on the balcony to the en-suite bathroom:
vv0xUfZ.jpg

The white glass door to the bathroom is a sliding door too. On the right:
5ftcSWL.jpg

View into the bathroom from the balcony. Sliding door is open and the mirror reflects the balcony on the background:
t2a1rNz.jpg

Here’s what the aforementioned picture says:

Warning to visitors

There is an ongoing conflict here between residents and resort owners.

Beware of trespassing and supporting illegal businesses.

Resorts are illegal and run without licenses. You are thus not legally protected.

Water supply is inadequate and hazardous for public consumption.

Security is non-existent, and your safety is at risk.

Your noise interrupts our tranquility and annoys us.

Authorities including the police and religious departments have been informed.

———————————————————————————————————————-
This is a professional and well -mounted sign.
There is one further line which is too small to read; I can only read one word: Law

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
Get the new AOL app: mail.mobile.aol.com

Here’s what the aforementioned picture says:

Warning to visitors

There is an ongoing conflict here between residents and resort owners.

Beware of trespassing and supporting illegal businesses.

Resorts are illegal and run without licenses. You are thus not legally protected.

Water supply is inadequate and hazardous for public consumption.

Security is non-existent, and your safety is at risk.

Your noise interrupts our tranquility and annoys us.

Authorities including the police and religious departments have been informed.

———————————————————————————————————————-
This is a professional and well -mounted sign.
There is one further line which is too small to read; I can only read one word: Law

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
Get the new AOL app: mail.mobile.aol.com

Woah that is very interesting. Thanks for sharing that.

I have sorted out the balcony in relation to the bathroom.
Earlier I posted the photo that had been shown during Sebastian's testimony. The bathroom can be accessed through two openings:
from the master bedroom and from the BALCONY. Not from the living area:
PArNa0v.jpg

The wooden sliding doors to the master bedroom and the white glass door on the balcony to the en-suite bathroom:
vv0xUfZ.jpg

The white glass door to the bathroom is a sliding door too. On the right:
5ftcSWL.jpg

View into the bathroom from the balcony. Sliding door is open and the mirror reflects the balcony on the background:
t2a1rNz.jpg

This is really helpful - thank you so much for going to a great effort to share this with us.

The blood spots were likely not visible to the naked eye, since they were only detected after using luminol. There's probably no way to know how long it had been there, or if the samples were sufficient enough to determine a DNA match to Nora.

The fingerprints may or may not be significant. The three belonging to an unknown person could have belonged to a previous guest or an intruder.

Imo

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to understand the outside, layout and position of the house.
The front with front door. The two small high windows next to the door must be of the second toilet:
12-IMG_3876.jpg

The Dusun, Seremban - Eatophilia

Left side of the house:
EBanvghVAAAw05p

https://twitter.com/sumishanaidu/status/1159298394206003202/photo/1

The house from afar: back side (side opposite the side with the front door):
sora-feature1-1024x512.jpg

Right side of the house where the balcony is (attached to the living area):
P49paTz.jpg

Into the jungle at The Dusun, Seremban - Happy Go KL

This is the hike to the waterfall that is several hours away from the resort?
No, it sounds like the trail that is closer to the resort that leads to a waterfall. I think it was all the articles claiming that Nora was "excited about seeing the waterfall" that led to speculation that she decided to go into the jungle and attempt to follow the trail.
Imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr
Back