Man Arrested Over Haircut Coupon

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by TexasRanger, Jan 15, 2013.

1. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

http://fox8.com/2013/01/14/handcuffed-over-haircut-man-arrested-at-salon/?hpt=ju_bn5

Why the hell would anyone go to jail over a silly coupon? :waitasec:

2. Loading...

3. ~n/t~

~n/t~ New Member

Some people need to get a grip and find a hobby.

4. txsvicki

txsvicki New Member

I'm sure the cops didn't just railroad an old man, but the article seems to say that he did first try to use the salon's own coupon. Was it really expired? Dooes the salon ever honor a competitor's coupon? Did the group of 4 coupons really have to be given as a whole? I've never seen a group of coupons having to be given up as a whole when using just one. The article didn't give all the facts, the cops put a stop to a situation, and he can take it up in court.

5. oh_gal

oh_gal New Member

This happened in the Cleveland area. The guy apparently didn't want to give up the whole page of coupons because he wanted to use the rest of them later. But the store wanted the whole page. There was a sign at the counter that said they would honor competitors coupons (they showed it on the news). Not sure about the expiration date for the original coupon -- whether it had one or not.

I'm torn between feeling sorry for him, that he's on such a fixed income that it had to come to this, and wondering if he just has too much time on his hands and thought he needed to cross "get arrested over a coupon" off his bucket list.

6. theslamdunktrove

theslamdunktrove New Member

Good grief. Choosing to take the matter into criminal courts is rarely a wise decision; especially if as the article says, the defendant's motivation for this incident was financial. Yuck for sure.

7. Snick1946

Snick1946 New Member

I'm a retiree and have empathy for this guy although I wouldn't have elected jail over it.

Seniors often get treated like unwanted misfits by many hair stylists. Often I wind up in a chair getting a terrible cut from some 19 year old with metal on her face and talking loudly over me to her coworkers about stuff I'm not included in.
    I had been going to a nearby Great Clips until a few months ago, I was turned away because I was told I had to go online and make an appointment. They could have just taken me that one time, they were not busy but they sent me home. I never went back again.