Man Discusses Four-Day Ordeal After Rescue From Woods

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Beyond Belief, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Beyond Belief

Beyond Belief New Member

So many people take that effort to save one simple old runner who went out and made a really dumb mistake, for that I will be forever, ever grateful," Meadows said.

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A man who was lost in the woods for four days shared his story Tuesday about how it all happened. Eddie Meadows, 62, remained hospitalized Tuesday after being rescued from a swampy area near the University of Central Florida on Monday, four days after he disappeared.

Meadows said he was training for the Baltimore Marathon, but he never thought a jog through a UCF nature trail would take four days and nights.

"I feel great!" Meadows exclaimed Tuesday.

He said he is ready to go running again, only this time he'll stick to a paved path after four days and nights lost in a thickly-wooded area on the UCF campus.

"I was wandering around the whole time, and the only time when I wasn't wandering was at night, where I didn't have light to see where I could go," he explained.
    http://www.wftv.com/news/9792454/detail.html

2. Loading...