Man eats Cicadas for dinner and ends up in emergency room

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by Casshew, May 27, 2004.

  1. Casshew

    Casshew Former Member

    Messages:
    27,884
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    0
    /18/04 - BLOOMINGTON, IN) — An Indiana man is learning the hard way that eating bugs can be dangerous. CM8ShowAd("CONTENT_MIDDLE")
    Dr. Al Ripani says the man showed up at his Bloomington clinic, after eating nearly 30 cicadas. The man, who wasn't named, suffered a strong allergic reaction to the sauteed insects. He had read a newspaper article about cooking the bugs and tried it with butter, crushed garlic and basil. But the article didn't warn that people with food allergies can also be allergic to cooked insects.


    http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/bizarre/051804_APsn_bugs.html
     
  2. Loading...


Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice