Man found decapitated, police suspect suicide

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by LisaB, Jun 19, 2013.

1. LisaB

LisaB New Member

2. Loading...

3. oh_gal

oh_gal New Member

So...what? He hopped into a whirling blade?

Ah...now I understand more after reading the comments below the story. So perhaps he hanged himself, and this was a result. Still, a poorly written story.

4. CuriousGrace

CuriousGrace WS Member

Horrific way to find your husband. Terrible article, makes barely any sense.

5. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN Well-Known Member

how do you tie your own hands?

6. Sonya610

Sonya610 Former Member

It had to be a pretty long drop to take his head off! Maybe his garage has a 20' ceiling?

7. oh_gal

oh_gal New Member

I think it can also happen if the rope is not knotted correctly, or tied correctly, but don't quote me on that.

8. oh_gal

oh_gal New Member

Kind of reminds me of that census taker in Kentucky. That they found hanging, with hands tied and things written on his body.

I'll have to go look for that story.

But getting back to your original question...maybe he used his teeth? (Not trying to be funny.)

Census taker story:
    http://www.columbiatribune.com/wire...cle_3bd3522c-382c-5c29-8e10-6699f220d73c.html

ETA: this story doesn't say it, but I thought they'd ruled it was a suicide. Back to looking....

This article says he committed suicide because he thought his lymphoma, which had been treated previously, had returned. More details in the article:
    http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-11-24-census-worker-suicide_N.htm

9. CuriousGrace

CuriousGrace WS Member

The whole thing makes no sense to me.

10. Elphaba

Elphaba Defying Gravity...

The ratio of body weight to rope length answers why one ends up decapitated from a hanging. There is something called a Table of Drops out there that gives you the precise numbers for what rope length to use, per weight of a person.

But then again, if this isn't a botched hanging, there is the chance that he did what others have done in the past: brought himself down on a table/circular saw to accomplish the deed. Either way it goes, I am sure his poor wife has been traumatized beyond belief, by what she saw... :(

11. Lilachaze

Lilachaze New Member

That's what I was thinking, this whole story left me :waitasec:

12. STANDREID

STANDREID A slacker when slacker wasn't cool

Suicides have also decapitated themselves by placing their necks on a rail as a train approaches.

13. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/sto...death-was-suicide/qE_-2berhUaIUFSf3gsBHA.cspx

Tulsa police say a woman came home to find her husband dead in the garage.

Police said the man was found with his hands and feet bound and he had been decapitated. Police surrounded the home near 45th & Sheridan during the investigation.

Police told FOX23 the death was suicide. FOX23 has spoken to the family and is honoring their request for privacy.

14. waitin'4thewrld2chg

waitin'4thewrld2chg Active Member

Wow, that is awful. I would need a few more, or a lot more, details to find the idea of suicide plausible.

15. teedie2

teedie2 Well-Known Member

I read about this elsewhere, but can't remember where. Call it a rumor then, but the man hanged himself, and that is how he was decapitated. Now, how he did it all with his hands tied (in front or in back? Dunno) who knows? IIRC, his head wasn't completely detached.

Am I going to hate myself for posting this? LOL, this account is as best I can remember, and my memory is not what it used to be.

16. SophieRose

SophieRose New Member

Read comments - too much drop
    http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/man-found-decapitated-police-suspect-suicide/nYNZh/

17. Sonya610

Sonya610 Former Member

Yeah that happened to at least one of the Iraqi Gov official that was hung. That is why executioners using the rope need to refer to the British Hanging Guide which specified rope lengths based on weight.

Rope is too long and the head can pop off, rope is too short and they die of slow strangulation instead of a broken neck.

18. HawksGirl

HawksGirl New Member

I get how you can bind your own feet... but how would you bind your own hands?

19. Sonya610

Sonya610 Former Member

Grab a roll of duct tape or a pair of handcuffs or a piece of rope and try.

It isn't that hard to do.

20. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

Also in the comments that the woman is the sheriff's girlfriend.

IDK I still have trouble buying suicide. Too much drop could only be an answer if he was dropping from 2 or more stories. Or if he used something like a wire to make the noose. Though the suggestion that he tied himself to the chair then dropped and the added weight caused the decapitation is intriguing. Though I am not sure how a man could tie himself to a chair, climb up and maneuver into the drop. That seems pretty awkward.

21. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

Exactly, how do you tie your own hands?

Still, how did he tie his hands.