Man Gets Caught In Chimney

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by Casshew, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Casshew

Casshew Former Member

Just in time for Christmas, an unbelievable crime attempt that would have the Grinch smiling. As NewsChannel 8's Teri Bowers explains, it's not about ribbons and wrapping, but brisket and barbecue.

The Grinch didn't need firemen to rescue him from the chimney. But, Jeremy Brownrigg did.

"It's almost impossible to tell the story without laughing," says Skiatook Fire Captain Bob Nail.

Brownrigg became stuck in the vent pipe atop J&E Barbecue in Skiatook. He was there for more than eight hours.

"They said the neighbor heard someone hollering 'help me, help me' in the chimney," says restaurant owner Eddie Hamlin.

Firefighters had never seen a rescue quite like this.

"He had lowered himself down, his hands were over his head, so the three of us reached down and pulled him up," says Rick Postier. "So, sheer physical force, it was pretty greasy. He slid through the pipe."

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/1205/286264.html

2. Loading...

3. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

So did LE look around to see if this guy had a bag of gifts? Maybe he was really Santa, after a no cookie diet.

4. Casshew

Casshew Former Member

okay I fixed the link :D

5. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

LOL, the owner of the BBQ place seems to be in good humor about it all!