Man gets prison in case of buried Beemer

mysteriew said:
An Akron man has been sentenced to a year in prison for burying his 1997 B-M-W.
http://www.wkrc.com/news/state/story.aspx?content_id=3949F1EA-94AE-46BA-85D8-62A1AAAF1BC4
I need to know more, as to how this guy was going to profit from that scheme?? I think we are missing a part of the story.

The insurance company is going to pay you what the car was worth. You either had at least that much into it, or you still owed money on the car, at which point, after the finance company got paid, you would end up with your portion of the equity.

Tell me what I am missing--thanks in advance.

Buzz - I think the guy is just stupid.

If the car was worth 20K, he should have sold it.

For cryin' out loud.

This story just brought to mind the story of the man who bought a corvette 40 years ago & paid $6,000. A few weeks later it was stolen, the authorities just FOUND it loaded in a large container being shipped out of the country from a port in CA. This was just reported to have happened in the last few weeks I saw it covered on the national news a couple or three days ago, if memory serves me right.

The rightful owner was, of course, was thrilled to receive the corvette back. It looked in prime condition. They uncovered it from it's tarp cover on the news being delivered to the rightful owner. They didn't report what the odometer reading was.

altruist1000 said:
This story just brought to mind the story of the man who bought a corvette 40 years ago & paid $6,000. A few weeks later it was stolen, the authorities just FOUND it loaded in a large container being shipped out of the country from a port in CA. This was just reported to have happened in the last few weeks I saw it covered on the national news a couple or three days ago, if memory serves me right.

The rightful owner was, of course, was thrilled to receive the corvette back. It looked in prime condition. They uncovered it from it's tarp cover on the news being delivered to the rightful owner. They didn't report what the odometer reading was.
The car hadn't been licensed at any time during the entire time it was gone. It was also a different color when he got it back. It's worth about $100K now, and he is going to restore it and give it to his teenage daughter, who lives in Southern California--I think San Diego.

Thanks Buzz1.

If that were me I'd sell it buy the daughter a Volvo to keep her safe & have some left to invest.

Each to his/her own.

Buzzm1 said:
I need to know more, as to how this guy was going to profit from that scheme?? I think we are missing a part of the story.

The insurance company is going to pay you what the car was worth. You either had at least that much into it, or you still owed money on the car, at which point, after the finance company got paid, you would end up with your portion of the equity.

Tell me what I am missing--thanks in advance.

All I know is what was in the article. But yes I think the insurance payoff was the motive.

Buzzm1 said:
The car hadn't been licensed at any time during the entire time it was gone. It was also a different color when he got it back. It's worth about $100K now, and he is going to restore it and give it to his teenage daughter, who lives in Southern California--I think San Diego.
The man's car was missing the transmission. It had a different engine in it also I think. There's a thread on ws somewhere about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back