Man gets probation, psychological testing for sex abuse of dog

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
OCALA - An Ocala man faces five years of probation for having sex with his pregnant fiancee's dog. Randol Corey Mitchell, 27, pleaded no contest Wednesday to one count of felony animal cruelty. Circuit Judge Victor J. Musleh withheld adjudication and sentenced Mitchell to five years of probation and a mandatory psychological evaluation. He also prohibited Mitchell from owning pets of any kind while on probation and from having unsupervised contact with other people's pets.

"This is very disgusting, to tell you the truth," Musleh told Mitchell. "But I'm going to leave out my personal opinions and withhold adjudication unless you mess up."

Prosecutor Lori Henry sought sex offender sanctions against Mitchell, saying she was concerned Mitchell might try to commit sex crimes against human victims.

"I wish we could classify him as a sex offender," Henry said after the hearing. "I wish that he would have to register as a sex offender."

Sheriff's deputies arrested Mitchell in February after his then-fiancee reported that she had caught Mitchell having sex with her 1-year-old female Rottweiler named Nagaisha. Marion County Sheriff's Office reports indicate Mitchell told deputies this is a "life-long problem" he has had.

A veterinary examination later showed injury to the dog and that the animal appeared to be frightened, Henry said.

http://www.starbanner.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040415/NEWS/204150320/1001/BUSINESS

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back