Missing pregnant Shannon Watts and her two daughter's bodies found, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

man lost in North Sea saved by woman who spotted his camera flashing..350 miles away

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by 2goldfish, Feb 3, 2010.

1. 2goldfish

2goldfish Active Member

A German man owes his life to a woman who rescued him from 350 miles away – thanks to his camera.

The man lost on a frozen stretch of the North Sea was facing almost certain death when he flashed his camera in the hope that someone might be out watching the same beautiful sunset he had set out to witness.

Luckily the camera flash off the coast of St. Peter-Ording near the Danish border was witnessed by a female nature lover sitting in front of her computer in the Westerwald region near the Rhine hundreds of miles away in southern Germany.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...-spotted-camera-flashing--350-miles-away.html

I like it :biglaugh:

2. STEADFAST

STEADFAST New Member

That is a great story! She sure was smart to know that those flashes were important.

3. 2goldfish

2goldfish Active Member

I thought so too :) she trusted her instinct, I thought if it was me I might not have realised what was happening!

4. angelmom

angelmom The love stays...forever in our hearts

What an incredible story.

Also, I am adopting the phrase "boundlessly naive." It sounds so much nicer than "dumber than a box of rocks."

:angel:

5. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Amazing!