Man sets himself on fire in protest...........

It's funny. This guy is totally crackers and even so he understands the Constitution better than the Kern County School Board and half the country.

Okay well that ought to take care of that.

Nova said:
It's funny. This guy is totally crackers and even so he understands the Constitution better than the Kern County School Board and half the country.
OK, I'll take the bait: Why is this guy such a Constitutional savant??

I wish more of "them" would use this method, lol. :D (j/k)

Nova said:
Do we really need to start up this debate again? The guy is nuts, let's leave it at that, please.

Are we talking apples and/or oranges here? These people have long been rabidly nuts, whether or not you believe in their cause. We had them here from out of town some years back. They believe so strongly in the sanctity of life that one of them took a very life-threatening swing at someone with a baseball bat. (and that individual was in the area on legitimate business, not seeking an abortion or even attempting to visit the women's facility that was being protested.)

...guy setting himself on fire, is clearly mentally ill, and a danger to himself, the other folks are a serious danger TO OTHERS....

...my point is obviously that there are all different kinds of "crazies" emmeshed in debates about religious issues. BarnGoddess chose to focus on a man who is clearly mentally ill, and harmful to himself apparently to protest a narrower religious definition of school breaks. In the same category, (although far worse, in law enforcements' opinion), are the operation rescue folks who also protest violently in the name of religion, only they are violent towards others, including direct physical attacks on medical professionals and law enforcement...

Dark Knight said:
Do we really need to start up this debate again? The guy is nuts, let's leave it at that, please.
I think everyone concurs that this guy is nuts. But as far as starting up this debate again, my opinion is that it should be started up again at every opportunity so that people can begin to understand the Constitutional concept of the Separation of Church and State. And hopefully realize that this concept is not anti-religious.

Maral said:
I think everyone concurs that this guy is nuts. But as far as starting up this debate again, my opinion is that it should be started up again at every opportunity so that people can begin to understand the Constitutional concept of the Separation of Church and State. And hopefully realize that this concept is not anti-religious.
The Mods will be thrilled with you. ;)

Maral said:

Exactly. Thanks, Maral. Apparently, the point has to be made again and again. (And as for the Mods, we are not debating theology here, but American law. As long as some people threaten the U.S. Constitution in the name of religion, it's going to be hard to avoid talking about them.)

Yes, this guy was crazy to set himself on fire. But the Kern School Board members are presumably not crazy; they're just petty tyrants.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back