Man swallows metal rods, surprised at massive stomach pains

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by Sky, Jun 16, 2004.

  1. Sky

    Sky Inactive

    Messages:
    145
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I guess he never heard the saying..What goes in, must come out. Then again, I don't credit him for having much common sense, period. What a :doh:

    Sky

    Man Surprised at Massive Stomach Pains After Eating Metal Rods

    HANOI, Vietnam (AP) — Vietnamese doctors removed three metal construction rods from a man's stomach about a month after he swallowed them in a rice-whiskey-drinking challenge, an official said Monday.

    Huynh Ngoc Son, 22, swallowed the rods, which were 6.7 inches long and 0.2 inches thick, after being dared by his drinking buddies in mid-May, said Dr. Le Quang Nghia of Binh Dan Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City.

    Son went to the hospital last week complaining of serious stomach pains, and X-rays revealed the construction bars were lodged in his stomach, Nghia said.

    The rods were removed during a 30-minute operation, and Son's stomach was not seriously damaged by the ordeal, Nghia said.

    Son was in stable condition Monday and was expected to be discharged from the hospital this week, he said.
     
  2. Loading...


Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice