Man who assaulted wife gets spousal support

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by fran, Dec 7, 2011.

1. fran

fran Former Member

Man who assaulted wife gets spousal support

VISTA — A Carlsbad woman whose ex-husband is in prison for sexually assaulting her in 2008 has been ordered to pay spousal support and $47,000 in attorney fees that her attacker accrued in their divorce.

Months before her husband was convicted, Crystal Harris, a stockbroker and mother of two, was required to pay $3,000 a month to Shawn Harris, a stay-at-home-father who was facing three felony charges in Vista Superior Court.

That amount was reduced to $1,000 a month because of the domestic violence allegations.

full article at link ............... http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/dec/06/ex-mate-who-assaulted-wife-gets-spousal-support/

2. Loading...

3. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

An abuser will use the court to continue abuse. That is what this SOB did and the court allowed him to do it! @%#

4. Peazzzer

Peazzzer I hate liars. Hate em.

The poor woman! I cannot fathom standing up for yourself against the attacker, husband or not, and being victimized again. No justice.

5. Fairy1

Fairy1 No Country for Old Men

Sickening. Reminds me of Betty Broderick and how her ex-husband used the court system against her. I would like to have believed things have changed greatly since then. Guess not.

Looks like they need to get busy with some legislation down in So Cal!