Man Who Ditches 9 Children Under Safe Haven Law Is Going to Be A father Again!

Maybe it is $500 to $1000 according to this site, but I should think it fairly worth it.

http://www.vasectomy.com/ArticleDetail.asp?siteid=V&ArticleId=10

This is one surgery (and tubal ligation) that I would like to see be "paid for" by the state health plans. (In some cases I'd like to see it mandatory, but that's not going to happen.)

I've met "men" who have as many as 14 children by 5 or more women. Realistically, none of them take care of all the kids financially (One of them don't take care of any of them). What would be cheaper for the states in the long run? Snip 'em! :)

This is one surgery (and tubal ligation) that I would like to see be "paid for" by the state health plans. (In some cases I'd like to see it mandatory, but that's not going to happen.)

I've met "men" who have as many as 14 children by 5 or more women. Realistically, none of them take care of all the kids financially (One of them don't take care of any of them). What would be cheaper for the states in the long run? Snip 'em! :)

It's free here if you have two kids, I think.

Lawsuits? Over what? Giving people the snip after they've had their minimum-for-free?

I'm sure some creative lawyer would figure out a way to make a zillion dollars over here. I'm suprised we don't have lawsuits against soup kitchens (here) because someone could have an allergic reaction to bean soup or something. Malpractice is huge.... (JMO).

I'm sure some creative lawyer would figure out a way to make a zillion dollars over here. I'm suprised we don't have lawsuits against soup kitchens (here) because someone could have an allergic reaction to bean soup or something. Malpractice is huge.... (JMO).

I've not heard of any. Then again, Canada is not yet quite as litigious as the States. Yet. Nearly, though, sadly. But, no, by and large, people who get it done want it done, and are happy for the service.

I've not heard of any. Then again, Canada is not yet quite as litigious as the States. Yet. Nearly, though, sadly. But, no, by and large, people who get it done want it done, and are happy for the service.

"We" are a litigious society over here. It's unfortunate.

I would have been happy if my tubal had been done for free- or at least my medical insurer would have been happy. :)

"We" are a litigious society over here. It's unfortunate.

I would have been happy if my tubal had been done for free- or at least my medical insurer would have been happy. :)

The only people I know of who complain are people who have not yet had two kids or reached the age of 30, as that is the full minimum, I think. I know at least one person who would love to get her tubes tied but it still childless and too young, so she'd pretty grumbly. Other than that, I think it is a great service to offer for free - better than the alternative, as this case shows us.

Canada's choice for sterilization is reasonable but I don't think that option would be popular where I live in the SE United States. More babies equal more government assistance & that is what far too many families rely on as their sole source of income. Time limits & moving from welfare to work is a joke. It's a self-perpetuating system.

God bless the Stayton children & those who have come to their rescue. As for the now 39 year old sperm donor, one can only hope he will conquer self-control or discover birth control.

Canada's choice for sterilization is reasonable but I don't think that option would be popular where I live in the SE United States. More babies equal more government assistance & that is what far too many families rely on as their sole source of income. Time limits & moving from welfare to work is a joke. It's a self-perpetuating system.

God bless the Stayton children & those who have come to their rescue. As for the now 39 year old sperm donor, one can only hope he will conquer self-control or discover birth control.

I want to be clear that it isn't *forced* sterilization - it's just free for people who wish to have it once they've had two kids or reached 30 years of age.

Again, it is certainly *free will* only.

You know, I live here in Omaha. When I saw this on the local news I couldn't believe it. He said in an email to the paper, he wasn't going to be raising this one alone (our article didn't state she was having twins). I wonder if his girlfriend worries that if/when things get tough, he'll bail on her kids too.

And what guaranty does a parent have they 'won't parent alone'? He didn't learn that already?

Speechless.... Are they married?

And what guaranty does a parent have they 'won't parent alone'? He didn't learn that already?

Speechless.... Are they married?

That's a great point! There are no "guarantees" in anything we do in this life. I agree with you, he could have learned that in his first experience with his first wife and 9 kids.

I'm glad that the children seem to be without animosity, but dang... does this man not have a conscience? (I shouldn't even use "conscience" as a reference... it seems to be something that is lacking in today's society?)

JMO! :blowkiss:

I think with this man's behavior, he should just hack it off and make it easier for the future of society instead of having more children he can give up. (MO). I hate to see what he has done to his past children. He seems to have no parenting skills and just does not care about raising his children yet will have more. I feel he will keep reproducing more children in the future. Oh, what a shock this would be to learn if this happens again and again.......

God Bless his children.

Lawmakers Blast Dad Who Dumped Nine Kids in Nebraska and Now Expects Twins

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,530268,00.html?test=latestnews

Thank you for the quote and update. Sadly, a story that bugs me on many levels.

And, why should the government take responsibility for this man anyway? There is too much government intervention into our lives already. As stated, there is no-one who can enforce this man to be a stand up person and take care of his offspring. Times like this a good old fashioned azz kicking is in line. Very sad situation for the children and it breaks my heart.

Goz

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529597,00.html?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a16:g2:r3:c0.228595:b26172124:z0

I don't think I can say what I really want to here without getting in trouble. I remember reading his story when children in Nebraska were being dropped off under their new law, now his new girlfriend is pregnant with twins!!!! I bet his kids feel all warm and fuzzy hearing the news. :furious:

VB

As Owner of Websleuths I think when stories of complete selfishness appear we should turn off any censor of swear words and allow the members to say what they really feel no matter how crude, disgusting, or terrible.

This would be one of those cases.

As Owner of Websleuths I think when stories of complete selfishness appear we should turn off any censor of swear words and allow the members to say what they really feel no matter how crude, disgusting, or terrible.

Ohhhh Tricia thank you for saying this!

In that case I am going to take advantage of your permission and speak my mind.

This has Imo done so much damage to his children that he just dropped off and abandoned, after he dumped them, was he concerned for how things were for them, or was he busy looking for a hook-up for his own needs? Since he now has a girlfriend who is pregnant I'm going to guess he felt it more important for him to get his needs taken care of, after all, the kids were now gone and whats a young single stud to do right? And I'm sorry but whoever his girlfriend is can't be to much of a prise either!! I mean who in the hell would even consider getting pregnant by this guy who dumped these poor kids, is this good daddy material?
Having children is a responsibility, if you can not take on that responsibility then don't have them!! If you've proven you failed with your children, do not have more children so you can screw them up also!

VB

This is one case where the peepee needs to be cut off. I can think of no other solution, other than a lobotomy in addition to removal of the peepee. Seriously. If he can't control it he doesn't get to keep it.

Well, in that case: :rage:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle