Maps & Aerial Photos *** NO DISCUSSION ***

Discussion in 'Long Island Serial Killer' started by shadowraiths, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seaslug44

Seaslug44 Active Member

You read my mind. I just uploaded images here;

http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb439/Seaslug444/Oak Beach Wetlands/

You will have to look for the lamp post as your point of reference.

I will try to post some of them here but there are few there that are probably too large for this website to display.

2. Seaslug44

Seaslug44 Active Member

Here are some overhead shot. Afraid that much of the detail is lost when I upload to photo bucket
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Seaslug44

Seaslug44 Active Member

From the West;
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

From the East;
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Seaslug44

Seaslug44 Active Member

From the North;
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

From the South;
    [​IMG]

5. Seaslug44

Seaslug44 Active Member

Back in March & April they had patrol vehicles stationed at the entrance of Ocean Parkway to stand guard while the investigations were underway. Little did they know, the officers spent hours less there and were only 750 feet away from the remains that were found today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, firimar!

The photos are fantastic, Seaslug. Thanks so much!

7. Seaslug44

Seaslug44 Active Member

You are very welcome.

8. the quiet girl

the quiet girl Inactive

Thank You
    you rock!

9. mikej73

mikej73 New Member

Seaslug

Do you have any information on the scale of these photographs? I work as a surveyor and deal with alot of scaling aerials. It appears to me that there is only about 600'-700' from the doctors backyard and Ocean parkway. That is less than 1/4 mile total. If SG didn't even make it to Ocean then she didn't even make it that far. How could the police say that her body was found 3/4 of a mile into the wetlands and only 1/4 of mile from her belongings? Sounds like they don't want anyone to know how close it was. maybe I'm misinterpretting where they found the remains, but it only appears that even long ways across the marsh (Anchor Way to the exit roundabouts) is only about 3000' or a little over a half mile in distance.

10. Seaslug44

Seaslug44 Active Member

Hi Mike.

The photos are geo-imprinted to the exact scale with latt/long coordinates. I think these photos with measurements will give you a better sense of the distances;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. MrsG728

MrsG728 Active Member

On these last 3 maps, what do the distance represent? What are the yellow lines pointing to? In other words, which point is "personal belongings", "human remains" etc

Amazing amazing pictures. Thank you. Do you have a plane?

12. twocuriouscats

twocuriouscats Searching for Killer Owls

Hahahah. I just have to say Seaslug, you are amazing! I think you have your own helicopter...and probably most of the FBI trainees belong to you. If not, they should.:rocker:

13. Theforeigner

Theforeigner Well-Known Member

AC4, Nov 2006: 4 prositutes killed and dumped 4 in a row

GB4 2007/2010: 4 prositutes killed and dumped 4 in a row

[​IMG]

IMO the AC4 and GB4 are significat lookalikes:

[​IMG]

14. alaskanblue

alaskanblue New Member

http://fios1news.com/longisland/node/9617

Here is a picture of their locations along with the approximate areas circled. I roughly cross referenced the belongings using houses on the map of where she and her belongings were found, which is more from the side of the area rather than directly above it. As you can see, there are a quite a few of these drainage ditches. I found it interesting that her belongings were found close to an "intersection" of the ditches. After watching the video again, it probably would be too dangerous to try to walk through there unless it hasn't rained much.

[​IMG]

I'm looking forward to what you can come up with from the area!

15. mysterymom7

mysterymom7 Former Member

This is one west of Tobay Beach. Anyone have an idea what that could possibly be? It just looks like a bunch of abandoned buildings on an unnamed road.

Attached Files:

16. twocuriouscats

twocuriouscats Searching for Killer Owls

bump - I can't remember how they focused in on that area to search for Shannan, did they get a tip? So strange - they never brought in excavators or heavy equipment for the other searches...right?

17. LR1

LR1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the effort put into that post hawkshaw, a lot of knowledge there to absorb. As far as a more logical explanation as to the cause of death, hypothermia should not be overlooked. It has happened to much stronger people than her and even in warmer conditions than you had that early morning in the brambles. The incident down in Fl at camp rudder comes to mind where we lost four Rangers while training out on a swollen river after disembarking their raft and slogging through the swamp. I don't know how much water the area she traversed had in it at the time but I would imagine she was both wet and exhausted after the quarter mile trek not to mention her mental state, her body might have just shut down at that point in which case you would not find a cause of death. I also cant help but to think it would've took only a few hundred dollars and a chopper to find her the next day and more than likely on dry ground, leaving the other remains perhaps going undiscovered for who knows how long.

18. deedee21

deedee21 Well-Known Member

Hawkshaw, the police talked about finding SG personal items. Are they allowed to talk about items that were found with her remains if there were any? According to footnotes GC said here jacket was over her shoulder. If my memory serves me correctly EM of 48 hours stated that JB said her jacket was on the ground in his driveway for several days. I wonder if he really said that or was that crappy reporting. If so where is her jacket?

19. hawkshaw

hawkshaw Well-Known Member

LR1- I read your post and I have to say it does make sense, i.e., SG died of exposure. It makes a lot of sense. The area is isolated. It is wet. It may also be an area where people go to be alone to hike and get connected to their inner self. They may also be like cats that when they are about to die go somewhere to hide and die alone. Is it possible SG, GB4, and the others all went to the same place they knew to be a ritual dying zone to spend their last moments on Earth? JUST KIDDING. I am not trying to make fun of you. Anything is possible. But I think one has to go with what they know before venturing into the unknown.

SG was a hooker advertising on Craigslist. The GB 4 also advertised on GL.
    They were all found dead at the same location.
    SG made a phone call saying someone was trying to kill her.

This is pretty much what we know. What the cops know is unknown to us. But you can be sure if they have anything they 'want' us to know to make this go away they will make sure they put it out there as they did with the nursery owner.

20. LR1

LR1 Well-Known Member

When I responded to hawkshaw upstream a few days ago when he was looking for a "more logical explanation" to her drowning in "no more than a foot or so" of water I recalled the deaths of 4 Army Rangers down in FL. years ago who died of hypothermia during training in the swamp in slightly warmer weather than you had that morning on Oak beach. it struck me that this whether alone or in combination with other factors could be a possibility in her case and shouldn't be overlooked as funny and stupid as that sounds.

Now if I were to be tasked with coming up with a scenario regarding why (other than being dumped there by a killer) her belongings were found where they were in relation to her remains. Take a look at the pictures above and I'll try to paint a "plausible scenario" for you. Firstly we know the 911 call came in at 4:51 if they lasted 23 minutes then it ended at 5:14 give or take. Iv'e read where MRS B's 911 call came in at 5:22 and surmising she made the call shortly after she seen/heard Shannan, she wouldn't even have been in the marsh while on the phone with 911 so no, no hypothermia yet.

in the top photo from anchor way to where they are digging is roughly 300 feet or the length of a football field. By the way you can look at the historical weather from the area they received close to 2 inches of rain 3-4 days before may 1'st so I'm thinking its at least going to be a little wet. air temp 55 degrees, water temp estimation 45-50 degrees. could not find info on cloud cover.

In the second pic above the red pointer thing and across the horizontal ditch which looks to be 6 feet across in places and likely several feet deep is where her belongings were found. looking at historical imagery on google earth the spot holds a lot of water at times as you can see from the photos.

So she leaves JB in hysterics runs to GC house arriving there in hysterics, connects with him briefly then runs on down the road and instead of seeking help from any other houses which were most likely in view, (civil twilight that day also 5:22) she heads into the marsh. depending on her route, she crossed one or two of the drainage ditches which are full of water to get to where her belongings were found. To me its not beyond the realm of possibilities that she not being able to jump a 6 foot ditch got very wet at that point. and for reasons we'll probably never know decided to get out of those pants. maybe she took them off before trying to cross the ditch and threw them over thinking she would cross and still have semi dry pants when she made it across. From her reported actions the previous 45 minutes or so its hard to tell what was going through her mind. From there and again depending on her route she slugged through a quarter mile of marshland with no pants or shoes. Reaching the far bank she must have heard the cars going by but without pants decided to lay there cold and exhausted.

So whether she drowned, od'd, heart attack, stroke, hypothermia or was murdered. We will probably never know what caused her death because of the lack of effort to look and find her in the obvious place to look which is the last place she was seen, early on in this nightmare. whether it be Suffolk county, friends or family. Now this scenario might sound stupid and not make sense but then again very little about her case makes sense including some other scenarios that have been offered up here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.