Marc Klaas Wants To Know What You Think. Please Participate

Here is my two cents... as always these are my opinions.
I believe Casey intentionally killed her child, though I cannot wrap my head around how a mother or any parent willingly hurts their own baby.
I believe Jose Baez is ineffectual at best, and at worst he is every type of horrible thing the justice system has been accused of being.
I believe that the Anthony family has known that Caylee was gone from this world since CA made the fateful phone calls to LE. Whether it was self-preservation or in support of thier child, I believe they all scrambled to cover up the loose ends.
I believe Lee is unexplainable. I do not pretend to understand him or his motivations, and I think its his part in all of this that I hope to discover in our sleuthing.
I believe that Caylee was a beautiful, intelligent, and sweet child who was born to a mother that didn't want to be a parent. I believe she paid for her mothers sins with her own dear life.
I believe that true heros have shown themselves in this case, Tim Miller, and the entire TES team, you Marc for giving the public a solid opinion that was true and based on your own experience, of course my fellow sleuthers, who are tireless in debating, cross referencing, checking and rechecking facts, and the Law Enforcement professionals that have been involved with this case. I believe they represent Grace Under Fire.
And finally I think that Florida's Sunshine Law is a wonderful and cursed tool. It allows the public a look into the case that we would never have elsewhere, but also truly does stymie any chance of having an uneducated jury pool.

I believe the following:

1. Casey first began thinking of killing Caylee in March (Internet searches) because Caylee was beginning to talk and since there was no job and there was no nanny, eventually Casey's lying would be exposed...constantly exposed.

2. I think Casey did it when she did it because of the fight with Cindy on the 16th and she was really ready to be rid of Caylee so she could party and be free.

3. I think she was buttering up the soldier in California during that month because her eventual plan was to move to California so she wouldn't have to explain Caylee's absence any more. When her family called, Caylee could always be "napping."

4. I think that Casey also toyed with the idea of killing her parents. All those Internet searches for "household weapons." The fact that she told Amy she might be getting the house and she and Amy might be able to move in first made me suspect that George and Cindy might be in danger.

Casey is a sociopath who was willing to do whatever she needed to do to ensure she could have a comfortable life without ever having to work.

The Anthony family is more dysfunctional than any I've ever seen.
I first believed Caylee's death was an accident, but i now believe that Caey murdered her in a fit of rage toards her and towards Cindy.
I think Cindy is so guilt filled she will never ever admit that her daughter is the killer.
George knows that Casey killed Caylee. He wants to help Cindy realize this fact, but he's half scared of her. Their marriage will end, and George will 'feel more alive' than he's ever felt in his life.
Casey is guilty, and only Casey. She had no accomplice.
Cindy, Lee and Casey seems to be so angry and so hate-filled. I don't see that in George.
I think we've only seen just the tip of the iceberg as far as evidence. There's a whole lot more to come.
I don't know what to say about Lee. I think he is just plain weird.

I agree with you 100%. Well put "Sweetmop"

Personally I believe that Casey Anthony is insane. The family has been tiptoeing around her for years. She has caused chaos and disfunction for years. They simply learned to live with it and tolerate her. Caylee lost her life after an angry fight between her mother and grandmother. Had Caylee been located in a timely manner most of the "circus" the public saw would have never happened. The protesters should have never been allowed to do what they did. Too many people had too much to say about all of this. I believe the police had her on their radar from the very beginning. Seeing the grandfather at the scene for little Haleigh only makes me even sadder. He doesn't need to do his therapy at the expense of the Cummings family.
I truly believe the Anthony family is a good family. I am so sorry for what has happened to them.

PREMEDITATED MURDER

mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:furious:

I have no doubt Casey did this in cold blood.
I do not think the DP should be off the table.
As a grand parent I know Caylee was the center of their universe.
I do not think Casey has any remorse nor ever will.
I think Caylee was looking into her mother's eye's as she died.
Tim MIller & TES are one of the very few who had only Caylee's interest at heart.

1. Caylee was like a living doll baby to the A family

2. Casey is guilty of murdering her for selfish reasons

3. I think ALL the A's are accessories to this murder...some after the fact.

4. I do not believe GA tried to kill himself

5. NONE of the A family will ever admit that KC did this

6. JB and KC are too close

7. LA and KC are too close

8. The whole family treated everyone trying to help them badly

9. It angered me that the A's turned Caylee's memorial into a plea for KC

10. The last thing the A's should do is get involved with other families of missing children.

This is so hard, because I have so many thoughts about this case. Here are the most important (or at least the few I could really narrow down to):

1 - I think the media has been way to involved in the personal lives of these people. While in some cases, that has been a good thing, I also think ultimately that it contributed to GA's breakdown. There is a fine line between seeking justice, and harassment in my opinion. BUT that said, I don't know that it should be any different, because the A's were the ones seeking that media attention in the beginning.
2 - Casey did it. The why I haven't figured out yet.
3 - (And I will get some flack for this) I don't think the rest of the family had anything to do with any of this, cover up or otherwise. I think they went into a state of denial early on, and therefore were not living in reality.
4 - I feel extremely sorry for everyone involved in the case, but especially GA, CA and LA. I think they are all hurting more than any of us can possibly understand.

Thanks for letting me give my thoughts. Just my opinion...

1) I think Casey spent months fantasizing about life without Caylee, and how to get rid of her. I also think she was fantasizing about killing the rest of her family. I think she thought they had a lot of money. (You won’t bail me out)
2) I think after the mother/daughter fight on June 15th, Cindy probably told Casey that she was done babysitting for her while she ran the streets.
3) I think Casey murdered baby Caylee, because she had a hot date and was stuck with the “snothead”.
4) I think Casey attempted to make it look like an abduction with the duct tape, but couldn’t follow the plan through to fruition because there was always a party to go to or shopping to be done.
5) I think George, Cindy and Lee know Casey killed Caylee, but will never, ever, admit it in public.
6) I think that George and Cindy love being on TV more than LP.
7) I think the Anthony’s tried to cope with Casey’s frequent rages against the family by avoiding confrontation. I think that Casey emotionally blackmailed her family members.
8) I think Casey assembled a very bright group of friends. (Good kids that she could manipulate) I say bright, because they all think she’s guilty, and tossed her aside like yesterday’s trash.
9) I think it’s a huge mistake for the Anthony’s to become involved with Kid Finders. {shudder}:silenced:
10) I look forward to watching the trial. I think the prosecution is in for the fight of their life. I think the defense (Linda Kenney Baden) will be successful in getting a lot of critical evidence deemed inadmissible and DNA evidence found inconclusive.
11) Having served on two juries, I believe Casey will get a fair trial. But in the end I think she will be found guilty of murder.

I believe that Casey did not premeditate the killing of Caylee.
I do believe that Caylee died at the hands of Casey but whether it be accident or rage I do not know.
I get very bad vibes about Lee. There are many thoughts as to why that might be but I will keep that to myself
I do believe that there are Many people cashing in on the *Caylee* *Casey* gravy train, using the death of a innocent child and the Indictment of the mother to further line their own pockets
I do believe there are so very good people involved who only want justice and the truth.
I do believe that this case has been far too sensationalized, which has in turn made it one big free for all.
I believe its got a long (long) way to go before its over too.

This is JMO:

- Casey Anthony is guilty of premeditated murder.

- Casey didn't tell anybody the truth about what really happened--including Baez or Lee. She never will.

- Casey has kept her family under control by making them believe she would tell them the truth at any moment if they do things exactly the way she expects them to. They crave the truth so much that they're willing to keep playing her game.

- Lee is making himself look suspicious purposely to raise reasonable doubt.

- Given time and encouragement George may admit Casey's guilt but will center on love, forgiveness and compassion for her.

- The family's reference to being proud of Casey makes no sense.

- Lee's "C.M.A." was deeply disturbing. He could have openly addressed Casey like his parents did.

ETA: Something isn't quite right with JB and Casey's relationship.

Casey killed her child out of spite.
Both George and Cindy are enablers who have hampered efforts to give Caylee justice.
LE has done a tremendous job so far in dotting i's and crossing t's.
LA has an "unusual" way of communicating with his sister.
People like Yuri, Tim Miller, etc. are extremely patient - much more so than I.

I totally agree!

Well, Marc, I still have many questions myself and my opinions are subject to change as more evidence comes out but here are some of my thoughts at the present time:

1) I do not know how Caylee died (pre-meditated murder, negligent homicide, manslaughter, accidental death, etc) but I am convinced that Casey is responsible for her death and I do not believe that anyone other than her ever moved the body. I am not sure of the date of death but think it could have been the 15th, 16th, or 17th and lean more towards the afternoon of the 16th with current information.
2) I think that Casey thought she could get away with her deceptions to her family and her friends about Caylee's whereabouts indefinitely because her family had always accepted her lies in the past and because she had convinced her friends that her family was all nuts and she was the only sane one in the bunch. I think she believed this right up until CA placed the 1st 911 call and then she realized that she needed a bigger lie.
3) I think it is likely that her earlier references to zani the nanny (prior to April when ZFG went to Sawgrass apts) may have been a reference to xannex that she may have given Caylee when she wanted her out of her hair but CA wouldn't watch her that night or whatever. And I think that somewhere along the line she developed the ZG name a bit further and built this whole story of the nanny long before Caylee's death and that it was used as a cover any time it wa convenient for her to do so to be able to hang out with friends and boyfriends - and I shudder to think of what that poor little girl may have been put through for months. And I think that she came up with the story of dropping Caylee off at ZG's and not seeing her in 31 days between the time CA picked her up at TL's and the time she told LA at the house that she hadn't seen her and that many of the lies she told LE during the early days of the investigation were simply repeats of lies she had been telling her family for months - concerning employment, co-workers, etc - and that she made the rest up on the spot as the questions were asked.
4) I believe that GA & CA suspected before they picked up the car that something had happened to Caylee but they likely thought something more along the lines that Casey had given her to someone or sold her or something along those lines when she kept constantly telling them that Caylee was with the nanny.
5) I believe that GA & CA knew when they got the car that Caylee was dead but that they allowed themselves to continue to believe Casey's lies because it was the only way they could have hope of seeing their precious Caylee again and they just weren't ready to accept that she was dead.
6) I believe that they were holding on to this hope so tightly that when LE began to treat Casey as the suspect they convinced themselves that LE was just out to get her and that they said and did things that rational people might not have - but they weren't rational - they were devastated and torn between what they knew and what they hoped. I do not believe they intentionally did anything to help Casey cover up her crime but that they may have done so inadvertently - like CA washing the pants from the car.
7) I believe that when Caylee's remains were found they could no longer deny the truth they knew from the beginning - that Casey was responsible for Caylee's death. I believe that they are still holding out hope that this was totally an accident and that despite the dispicable things that Casey did following Caylee's death they can still salvage some type of relationship with their daughter.
8) I believe that LA was on to his sister's lies from the beginning and that he too has had some difficulty in accepting the truth but that from the beginning he really wanted the truth to come out - whatever it is.
9) I believe the A's have received poor advice from attorneys and PR people from the beginning of this case and that has added to the suspicions and disdain that many have for this family and I believe this family is living one of the worst nightmares imaginable and my heart goes out to them.
10) I believe the media (& perhaps LE) has acted irresponsibly with the release of some of the information in this case - for example there have been phone numbers and addresses and personal information of some of Casey's friends whose greatest fault was to have been taken in by her lies.
11) I believe many of the media commentators and guests have gone too far with their vilification of the family and friends and I often wish we could go back to the days when the news was reported rather than analyzed.
12) I believe that I have found more detailed information and objectivity on this site from other websleuthers than any news program or other websites or blogs and I'm so glad to have stumbled across this site!

Well, Mr. Klass, very early in the reporting of this case, someone smarter than me said "when a child goes missing, innocent parents do not lie to LE about things like where they work." Of course this statement is true as of day 32. But, to me, "when a child goes missing, innocent parents do not keep it a secret" applies to KC's behavior for the first 31 days and immediately told me the child was dead and the mother intentionally killed her.

As for the parents of KC, it is my opinion that if they didn't know anything about Caylee's murder before, they knew she was dead when they retrieved KC's Pontiac from the tow yard. They aren't stupid, they can add 2 & 2. If they were the least bit hestitant to make that conclusion at the tow yard, then they most certainly knew when they learned that there was no ZFG at Sawgrass Apts. and that KC had not worked at Universal since 2006, having never returned from pregnancy leave, but paid until April '06 anyway. That would have been June 16th.

Since that time, the constant portrayal of Caylee as a "missing child" was simply denial caught up in the limelights or a strategy to defend KC publically.

The fact that no one in the family rushed in to take polygraphs screams to me that they all know something that they dare not reveal. What they know and when they knew it, all I can say is at least by July 16th.

The following are simply opinions and speculation, not in any way fact, no matter out taking them out of context may sound.

1. Caylee was murdered, even if it was an unintended overdose, that is still murder.
  2. Casey's actions after Caylee went missing indicate sociopathic personality.
  3. Deeply dysfunctional family. Cindy is a control freak. George is weak and ineffectual. Lee and Casey have an oddly close relationship.
  4. I think Lee erased things from Casey's computer, sent the fake employer emails and tried to influence Casey's friends not to tell LE things.
  5. I think Cindy told her mother Shirley not to tell LE about Casey stealing from the grandparent's account.
  6. Casey lives in the current 10 minutes, meaning she tells whatever lie will get her out of the current situation even though it will quickly and easily be proven a lie. She just wants to move on to the next fun thing. For this reason, among others, NO ONE should try to make sense of any of her actions. They don't make sense, but you will certainly hear her attorney saying "why would she do that, it doesn't make sense. Someone else did it to frame her."
  7. I think the Anthonys, perhaps for their own sanity, convinced themselves that Caylee drowned and Casey just got scared and covered it up. They can forgive her for this and have.
  8. Baez is using the case for his own advancement.
  9. The Anthonys have always felt this was a family matter and if they wanted to forgive Casey that she shouldn't be prosecuted and the public should believe whatever tale they tell.
  10. The Anthonys do not have the credibility to start a foundation to help missing kids and their families. They are tainted. Creating a foundation (in October) before they even knew she was dead (they claim) is bizarre.

Edited to add: Padilla is an opportunist for the limelight, maybe not all bad, but an opportunist. Tim Miller is a hero, perhaps with some problems, but he makes his life and Laura's count for something in this world, something good, just as you do, Marc. You both found your ways to work in your child's honor, but neither of you is a perfect human being. Those don't exist.

Everything Everly said plus:

* Padilla is an opportunist, but I think he really fell in love with the idea of Caylee

* The Anthony's knew that Caylee was dead well before the remains were found. They have a view of truth that is different from most in that they don't seem to consider lies of omission, "mis-truths", "half-truths", "false statements", "inconsistent statements", etc. as actual lies.

1. Caylee was the Anthony's center, their world and the love of their lives, she was their sunshine

2. Casey planed to kill Caylee because she felt trapped by being a parent

3. Casey had a big fight with CA that put her over the top and she killed Caylee

4. LE-police-FBI has done a wonderful job

5. The Anthony's knew from the start that something happened to Caylee after they picked up the car

6. Casey lied to the LE-police-FBI because she is hiding more then just the murder of Caylee

7. There is some secret between Lee and Casey

8. CA went into denial to protect Casey and because it was to painful to believe the truth

9. GA wanted to protect his wife emotionally, so he went along with CA ideas

10. The Anthony's are being used by others for profit off of Caylee

11. The Defense team going public, on TV and giving interviews about the case is wrong (even though I like hearing all the gossip) I feel its wrong

12. The Defense (JB) has been inappropriate with Casey, Hugging her, spending long hours and daily visits, trying to sneak in a bracelet, pushing the jail to take in a lap top, sale pictures of Caylee to fund the defense, the way JB acts in the court room with Casey the looks, the touching, it really offends me

13. Casey brought pain and hardship to family, friends and strangers

14. The country has fallen in love with Caylee

15. There was a lot of wonderful volunteers and organizations-like TES that tried to find Caylee, it opened my mind and heart to these organizations

16. Caylee brought me to W/S and I have found friends with big hearts here and have learned a lot about my self and others

Well you said that so perfectly, I can't add a single word to it.
Caylee wasn't the one who "brought" me to WS, for me it was Laci Peterson. Other than that I agree with every single word.

And thank you, Mr. Klaas, for wanting to know what we think. God bless you.

Many people think it was an accident.
I really REALLY wanted to believe it was an accident as some have suggested, leaving her in the car while she was distracted by the computer, letting her fall in the pool, backing over her, etc. She did say her mom would never forgive her, which sounds like it could have been an accident but didn't fit with the Nanny story. But I just can't see her facing life in prison over an accident, no matter how much she doesn't want to admit what happened.

I think it will do George good to be away from Cindy while helping look for the missing child in Putnam Co. Maybe he will discover he doesn't need her and make a new life.

I feel sorry for the Anthony family. I think Lee is a good person, I think George is a devoted family member, and I think Cindy is a protective and loyal mother. Casey took advantage of them and manipulated them.

Casey is guilty and the family feels guilty for not stopping her in her lies and her anger. I think they are trying to forgive her so they can forgive themselves and set themselves free of the guilt and the grief.

I think Casey planned this murder and in fact planned to murder her parents as well. Lee is not an accomplice, nor are either of her parents. I think they are trying to withhold making any moves that would sever the relationship until they wrap their minds around everything.

I think they have worked with police, esp Lee, and walked on eggshells in their interviews to get her to talk, and that is why they have not been back. I think the private meeting they are seeking is to tell her that she needs a different attorney, and they don't want that to get on video. I also think they want to say goodbye to her. This is a family that struggles with goodbye and letting go - they are dysfunctional but cling to one another.

I pity this family and I pray for them. I hope that Casey can be healed and become a better person. I don't think we should give up on anyone, even though I think she must be held accountable for her horrible crimes.

I agree I also feel Cindy and George have a very strong relationship and love each other.As Parents we do the best we can,but we also are human no one is perfect. IF anyones life is viewed by outsiders and twisted in the media to boost ratings ,I do not think any of us would come off as Ward and June Cleaver.Every family I have ever seen all has their own problems,even ones who look like the perfect family. I believe at the trial Cindy ,George, and Lee will do Caylee proud.

I think Casey killed Caylee in a fit of rage. I think Casey did look into killing Caylee ( computer searches missing children,neck breaking and chloroform searches) but didnt carry it out until the fight with Cindy which pushed her over the edge. I think Casey never thought she would be caught and that she could charm her way out of anything. I also think Casey will be found guilty and will have the rest of her life behind bars to think about what she did.

I would just like to take a moment to express my genuine pride in those like Marc Klaas, Steve Groene, Mark Lunsford, John Walsh and others which have been united by a common bond. All in this group showed the wisdom and foresight to stay the high ground and were not tempted to join the fray to gain publicity or monetary gain for themselves regarding the Anthony case.
Gentlemen, I salute you!
I thank Marc K for his candor Feb. 10th.
Mark is not alone, it blows many of our minds!

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/10/ng.01.html
"The thing that just continually blows my mind is the amount of drama that this family is able to manufacture even around a situation like this. I just -- I -- it`s kind of mind-boggling. But you know, given the fact that they did have a lovely service, I`m glad that people participated and I hope that they get some sense of closure out of it. I`m talking about people, not the family, obviously. That`s a different issue."

As to my own theories and judgements - well they just seem meaningless in a thread of this magnitude. I am thoroughly enjoying reading the responses however. :thumb:

JD

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back