Found Safe Mariam “Star” Lint, Orlando International Airport headed to Louisville, Kentucky. from Iowa, 05 August 2022

Now, THIS is a case for the FBI and/or homeland security or some other federal agency. Who's to say a terrorist or other person with ill intent didn't harm Star then steal her ticket to pass through the gates? It must be very frustrating for Star's family to have two LE agencies passing the buck to each other. I hope they can get some definitive answers soon. MOO

This one is strange. Someone was in her seat on the flight out of Orlando but the Louisville airport says she never appeared after the plane landed.

SBM
Adding to the family’s frustration is the lack of cooperation from the Orlando and Louisville Airport Police Departments. The Orlando Police say it’s not their job to investigate because she was headed to Kentucky. But Louisville Police say Orlando should handle the case because it’s the place she was last seen. The family says valuable time has been wasted, while the departments refuse to claim responsibility.
[snip]
An Orlando Police Department spokesperson called KTIV and confirmed Lint’s ticket was valid and that the seat was occupied, but the spokesperson didn’t confirm Lint was actually on the plane. Instead, the spokesperson said the responding officer checked a log maintained by Spirit Airlines, the air carrier Lint was to take from Orlando to Louisville.

# More at link

Her older brother, Mike Lint, told KCAU 9 that she has lived all over Iowa and that she was a Milford resident since birth. For the last four months though, she was living with him in Florida.

Mike said that Mariam came home the night of August 4 and asked for a next-day flight to Louisville to see a friend. Mike said he personally dropped her off at the Orlando International Airport the next morning around 6 a.m. Mariam’s ticket to a Spirit Airlines flight was printed and her seat was filled, but she wasn’t seen getting off at the Louisville Airport.

This is weird? They can confirm she printed her ticket at a kiosk and her seat was occupied, but not that she boarded the plane? Is that correct?

Her seat was occupied, but she didn't de-plane in Louisville. I assume there are cameras and that's how they confirmed?

I've moved from my assigned seat to an adjacent empty one before, so I guess that's a possibility in this case?

Was this plane headed anywhere else after landing in Louisville? Did she switch tickets with someone on the plane so she stayed on and headed to a different destination and that person got off the plane in Louisville. I know it's not likely but just trying to think of everything.

I just flew from Harrisburg PA to SC and back. I had to show my DL while going through security. I would think that is practiced everywhere. I didn't however have to show anything other then my ticket to get on the plane. 2 people could have gone through security and swapped tickets since her seat was taken. This is the only thing I can think of.

I feel that she did fly and landed, according to above, a friend talked to her after she landed. Who was supposed to pick her up? Friend? Uber? According to family Florida LE are now looking at tapes ( this was about 2 hrs ago) let's hope they can spot her to confirm this.
ALL IMO

1660936764619.jpeg
Orlando police say it's not their job to investigate because she was headed to Kentucky.

But Louisville police say Orlando should handle the case because it's the place she was last seen.

“It took me two days to get anyone to actually take the report. There was arguing between Orlando said nope, not our problem she got on the plane. It's a final destination. Louisville said never got off the plane. It's still Orlando's problem,” Michael Lint, Mariam Lint's, brother, told KTIV.

An Orlando Police Department spokesperson called KTIV and confirmed Lint’s ticket was valid and that the seat was occupied, but the spokesperson didn’t confirm Lint was actually on the plane. Instead, the spokesperson said the responding officer checked a log maintained by Spirit Airlines, the air carrier Lint was to take from Orlando to Louisville.

The Orlando department still maintains it’s the responsibility of law enforcement in Kentucky to investigate, and it has no written reports on the incident. While Louisville Airport Police maintain she never left the plane.

This is weird? They can confirm she printed her ticket at a kiosk and her seat was occupied, but not that she boarded the plane? Is that correct?

Her seat was occupied, but she didn't de-plane in Louisville. I assume there are cameras and that's how they confirmed?

I've moved from my assigned seat to an adjacent empty one before, so I guess that's a possibility in this case?
When the flight Attendants do the passenger count before the main door is shut, they don't usually ascertain what particular seats are empty, just the total of people on board, to ensure there's no disconnect between the number of tickets collected and the final number on board the airplane. Normally, the issue of a particular seat only comes up if a passenger assigned a particular seat finds someone else in it and tells the Flight Attendant. As far as cameras, there are NOT cameras at every gate, but if the airline stated they showed she didn't get off the plane, then that particular gate must have had a camera (the footage is available only to Airport staff, TSA, and LE). Her arrest records in Iowa show her full legal name. Looks like she was last on probation in 2019, nothing recent of concern. https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/TrialSimpFrame

The flyer above states Star's phone has been set off since the morning of August 5.
I know I don't turn off my phone before a flight-there might be updates on either end of trip.
Did she turn it off herself, or did someone turn it off for her and assume her ticket?

The flyer above states Star's phone has been set off since the morning of August 5.
I know I don't turn off my phone before a flight-there might be updates on either end of trip.
Did she turn it off herself, or did someone turn it off for her and assume her ticket?
We just traveled. Had to put my phone in plane mode. Could she have forgotten that she did that and not realized it? I also got some grief as my passport was a woman (me) with brunette hair and now, because of an overzealous hair stylist, I'm a blonde. Authorities were not happy.

The very first case I followed on websleuths was a women who had been missing for three weeks. I found her social media and was scrolling through and she had answered a message 5 min earlier. I dm’d her that her family is looking, she had no idea…

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back