Marie G.: Mother of Crystal S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean it's either or isn't it? It can't be both.........reminds me kinda of the cake and eat it too thing. In one breath it's bad for Marie to make the statement "it's a full time job", because some see it as her wanting to make money. But in the next breath.....it's terrible of Crystal to have shut the Haleigh Bug center down, where I'm sure people we making donations. If they were wanting to make money...........and it was coming in hand over fist as some have suggested, why close it? If Crystal's health wouldn't allow her to stay there, don't you think they would have found someone else to do it?

I am not sure if your other post was directed to me. I didn't say it was bad for Marie to make that statement. I said it didn't make sense to me iirc.

I don't think the physical center being closed means they no longer get donations or salary. JMO

I am not sure if your other post was directed to me. I didn't say it was bad for Marie to make that statement. I said it didn't make sense to me iirc.

I don't think the physical center being closed means they no longer get donations or salary. JMO

No Flossie, it was not directed at anyone......just the general overtones about it. And I'm sure donations came from more than just the center, but so many had a problem with the center and the "money it was raking in", that's what I was talking about.

Oh ok I understand, I think many still have an issue with the center and donations. JMO

bbm, jmo, I don't

Her comment was bizarre at best given what we now know :(

Huh??? What we now know?? What's that supposed to mean? Sorry, I just don't see the 'bizarre-ness' in her statement... it is sincere and straight from the heart. I see her as a worried and sad and frustrated grandmother who just wants her grandchild found. What's bizarre about that?
I really wish that some folks here would share what they 'know', and where that information is coming from, because it would do a lot to settle these arguments that occur every day here. This kind of statement does nothing to further discussion. Or is that the point?

Huh??? What we now know?? What's that supposed to mean? Sorry, I just don't see the 'bizarre-ness' in her statement... it is sincere and straight from the heart. I see her as a worried and sad and frustrated grandmother who just wants her grandchild found. What's bizarre about that?
I really wish that some folks here would share what they 'know', and where that information is coming from, because it would do a lot to settle these arguments that occur every day here. This kind of statement does nothing to further discussion. Or is that the point?

I clarified exactly what I meant in a later post a page or so back. Post 459

I agree, let's make both sides show us where the money went. That is an excellent idea. :clap:

I agree also and the best i know how would be for since Ron didn't have CONTROL of the money Jamie watts did and Also Ron had to have reciept's for everything. Hmmm but Marie and Crystal have control of the HBC center ,I wonder how that works?

I agree also and the best i know how would be for since Ron didn't have CONTROL of the money Jamie watts did and Also Ron had to have reciept's for everything. Hmmm but Marie and Crystal have control of the HBC center ,I wonder how that works?

Do you really think they're raking in money, living high off the hog? The last efforts I know that the HBC conducted was the school drive, where NO MONEY was taken in. They gathered school supplies for Haleigh's Closet, to be housed in her elementary school for children who need it.

Good gracious.

ITA Kitty

Has nothing to do with HaLeigh going missing! Round and round been there done that not going back!

Did the center really bring in enough money to cover the costs and get a salary out of it?

I wouldn't think any of these people get much in the way of donations these days, if they ever did, since there are plenty of children have gone missing since Haleigh and the publicity hasn't been always sympathetic.

Has nothing to do with HaLeigh going missing! Round and round been there done that not going back!

Thank you!!!!!.... IMOO The whole point is that there has probably been NO MONEY coming in to the center for many months. Even if there was a single penny, the only person who has any concern with that is the person who GAVE the money. If they choose to do so, then it is no one else's business at all---in any way. No one is being forced to give, or to buy anything, they aren't selling life essentials that people have no other access to buy! If someone wants to give them money---OR RON for that matter-- then they and ONLY they have any concern over it!

jmoo

I recall that Marie/Crystal were giving a donation to Equusearch. I thought that was generous of them.

Wonder how much " everyone " has made off of the sales of videos and the like......a certain wedding video comes to mind. But I digress.

I've never seen Marie's wedding video...do you have a link to it? Or was your post meant for a different thread?

After all these cases of missing children and adults, you would think there would be some sort of protical or set of rules to follow when starting a foundation? Josh Duckett went through the same sort of scrutiny.

I guess my question is, how can they form a foundation and not be bound legally?

At the very least, have the dispersal of the monies be made public right away so people who want to donate know where the monies are going.

Is it that complicated? Why are we always questioning this?

I found Marie's statement sincere and right from the core of her soul. I have lost family members through death and it took every ounce of energy to take a step forward each and every day. I was consumed with thoughts of never seeing them again. Each and everyone of their passing took over my life 24 hours a day for a long time until I could come to grips with each and every family member that past on.

I know where my family members are, however Marie and every relative on both sides have no clue where precious Haleigh is and this consumes their lives 24 hours a day.

People are beginning to get on my last nerve. Be petty if that is the way one must live their lives, but have the decency to do it privately where it does not constantly affect the case of the disappearance of a missing child.

If people have questions regarding the dispersal of funds regarding any efforts, contact the state comptroller. This is getting beyond ridiculous.

Thank you!!!!!.... IMOO The whole point is that there has probably been NO MONEY coming in to the center for many months. Even if there was a single penny, the only person who has any concern with that is the person who GAVE the money. If they choose to do so, then it is no one else's business at all---in any way. No one is being forced to give, or to buy anything, they aren't selling life essentials that people have no other access to buy! If someone wants to give them money---OR RON for that matter-- then they and ONLY they have any concern over it!

jmoo

I'm not quite sure that's how it works with charitable foundations. But I would assume there are laws in relation to obtaining money on false pretences etc. For example, if you solicit money on behalf of an organization stating the purpose is to search for a child, when in reality it will be used for some other purpose, where I come from that would be called "obtaining a benefit by deception".

snipped from article in accordance with copyright rules:

As a family, they have made a donation to Texas EquuSearch in the name of HaLeigh Cummings and they ask others to do the same.

"I still wake up every morning wondering if someone will call and tell me that HaLeigh has been found and that she wants to see me. All I want is HaLeigh back home. I would like to thank Tim Miller for trying to help find my daughter," says Crystal Sheffield.
SOURCE Crystal Sheffield

Here's parts of the article for those intersted, that mentions donations from the sheffield family from the link provided in posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752