Mark Sievers - Jury Selection

Discussion in 'Dr. Teresa Sievers' started by Niner, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Oregonmama

Oregonmama Well-Known Member

no new tweets

Arachne 1 likes this.

2. Scalex

Scalex Well-Known Member

Those are NOT the right jury questions. The correct questionnaire can be found on leeclerk.org and it has been posted here before.

IQuestion likes this.
  3. MsArk

MsArk Well-Known Member

And he just got life plus 156 years!
    Hear that, Mark?

ETA... Plus 5 years probation :p:p:p

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  4. Oregonmama

Notify them. I was just posting their link

5. Oregonmama

[​IMG] Taylor Petras‏ @TaylorPetras 20s21 seconds ago

The judge lets another potential juror go home after he handed over a doctor's note showing a medical condition.

The judge says the potential juror was excused out of an abundance of caution and that the potential juror clearly wanted no part of the trial @winknews

Scalex, IQuestion and Arachne 1 like this.
  6. Oregonmama

7. Oregonmama

8. Oregonmama

9. Oregonmama

10. Arachne 1

Arachne 1 Well-Known Member

Love you, OregonMama! Thank you so much for posting this, and all your other postings! xoxoxo

11. Oregonmama

Your sweet. I can't rest until I see justice for Teresa and her family!

Scalex, msboo, Legally Bland and 3 others like this.
  12. Oregonmama

13. debbiegarcia36

debbiegarcia36 Well-Known Member

Ah ha! No live feed since Mark got sick, right? I wonder if there's a connection?

14. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Tuesday, November 19th:
    *Trial continues with Jury Selection (Day 6) (@ 8:30am ET) – FL – Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers (46) (June 29, 2015, Bonita Springs) – *Mark D. Sievers (50) arrested & charged (2/26/16) & indicted (5/4/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder & conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
    Trial set to begin on 11/12/19 with jury selection. Trial expected to last 5 weeks.
    Jury Selection 11/12/19 (Day 1) thru 11/14/19 (Day 3) reference post #293 here:
    https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/mark-sievers-jury-selection.485229/page-15
    11/15/19 Day 4 of Jury Selection: 64 potential jurors for today’s Round 2 of questioning on DP. Judge Kyle told a group of about 20 people who came in this morning to come back instead on Monday afternoon. Judge Kyle: "The panel has shrunk". And shrinking quickly this morning. 10 potential jurors have already been sent home since 8:30am. Some for being against death penalty, others now with work or medical issues that weren't brought up earlier in questioning. Jury selection continues to Monday, 11/18.
    11/18/19 Day 5 of Jury Selection: Judge said there's 24 potential jurors cleared for general voir dire (likely tomorrow morning). He'll need 42-44 total to get a jury. They have about 20 for today to death penalty qualify. Judge talking with his team hopeful to start general voir dire tomorrow morning if there are enough potential jurors kept from today's 22. Judge just sent the 24 already cleared through death penalty qualifications home until tomorrow morning. Judge expects the jury to be seated Wed. or Thursday. The jury has a question (1 hour 30 minutes into deliberations). 14 coming back tomorrow with another group of 24. 8 sent home today. Jury selection continues on 11/19.
    *Jimmy Ray Rodgers (28) – Trial 10/23/19: Jury found Rodgers guilty of second degree murder, not guilty of conspiracy, guilty of trespassing. Sentencing on 12/12. Motion for new trial-denied.
    *Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr. (41) arrested (10/14/15) & charged (10/20/15) & indicted (5/5/16) with 2nd degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. Took plea deal (2/26/16) plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; serving 25 years, waives all rights to appeal. Will testify at trials. Sentencing on 12/2.

Brooke, Scalex, Oregonmama and 3 others like this.
  15. IQuestion

IQuestion Well-Known Member

Okay kiddo, you are on a roll....another excellent link to the interview Jaclyn Bevis did for a court production show. (She was great by the way. JB's gotta give me the recipe for those great eyebrows:cool::cool:) She brought up something I hadn't quite understood (I'm pretty slow at times) the first 15 times I heard it. The light bulb finally turned on.... The jury in JRR's trial thought CWW was lying about a lot of things!! @susnoat, you told us not to believe one word that came out of Cww's mouth and that he would always portray himself as a victim. Wow, the jury must have heard you, too!
    Now I am wondering why Cww's attorney was sitting in the gallery and then asked to "consult with him" during one of the breaks, and was turned down/denied access to her client. Was Cww getting off track and jeopardizing his plea deal? Or, was he offering information/opinions that introduced new motives, not previously discussed? (Maybe my post is in the wrong thread...but I just wanted to get it down before I lost the thought.) So, what does it take to lose/blow/nullify a plea deal? MS's attorney strategy will no doubt be to aggressively cross examine Cww. If Cww "bumbles & crumbles"
    his testimony because he gets upset or confused....what happens?? Oh geez lahweez... the new jury may not believe a lot of his story this time, too. Or maybe MM will just "molly coddle & flatter" Cww's ego and make it look as if he is a "criminal master mind." Yah, yah...that's the ticket.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  16. Oregonmama

17. Oregonmama

And Jake is back!

1. Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 40s40 seconds ago
      If jury selection does wrap up today the trial will move into opening statements from the prosecution and defense.

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
      Show this thread

2. [​IMG] Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 1m1 minute ago
      I’m back in Courtroom 8-A at the Lee County Justice Center for the #SieversTrial. Judge Kyle has a few items on his docket to take care of before jury selection resumes in the Sievers trial. There’s a possibility that jury selection wraps up today. @ndn @TheNewsPress

18. Oregonmama

19. IQuestion

IQuestion Well-Known Member

IQ on (still in jammies & stronger coffee!) Good morning ;) MsOREGONFabulous...today we will have a jury!
    Today is Teresa's birthday.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  20. Oregonmama

Fingers crossed a jury will form today!!