Mark Sievers Trial General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Dr. Teresa Sievers' started by Oregonmama, Nov 21, 2019.

1. debbiegarcia36

debbiegarcia36 Well-Known Member

Too bad the state wasn't able
    Agree. I didn't watch ASA Hunter's opening statement but it would have been helpful to the jury if ASA Hunter explained how he was going to present his case. For example, if he said, first we are going to slowly and methodically walk you through the witnesses statements to establish that the trip to Florida to murder TS was carefully planned by CWW and then we are going to present evidence that connects it all back to MS. Basically it would help if he told the jury upfront what he is trying to establish. JMO.

2. debbiegarcia36

Too bad the state wasn't able
    Deleted by me - duplicate post.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    Arachne 1 likes this.
  3. Katharine

Katharine In memory of Travis Alexander-WS member 3/30/2013

Thank you so much! This for me if I was a juror is hugely important. Dr. P. was a very credible witness. He never even was flustered by the defense attorney Mummert's questions. He was just like he would be in the operating room as a surgeon. He was set up by Mark but was very smart in his conversations with Mark. The very fact the two did not have a relationship is very telling. He was a perfect witness the morning of June 29. Mark Sievers goofed. MOO.

4. dog.gone.cute

dog.gone.cute Kyron Horman - Missing Since 6-4-10

:) Hello,

First Subscribing.

Second ... :eek: ... I have a lot of catching up to do here !

5. Alice253

Alice253 Live Every Moment

Just gotta say, I think any WS member who has followed this case from the beginning could put on a better, more cohesiveJ case than the prosecution has so far. I'm really disappointed, especially after the Frazee trial that was so well laid out and cohesive. If the prosecution does not do a bang-up job on closing, I am worried that Mark will walk. JMO, for the moment anyway.

6. Curious Me

Curious Me Long-Time Member from back in the day

Opening was done by ASA Cynthia Ross. She said it was like putting a huge thousand piece puzzle together. It sounded to me as though they were going to include very little of what we thought they could use. Hence, a smaller puzzle. This is a Death Penalty case? I'm sorry, but I'm disappointed so far.

7. IQuestion

IQuestion Well-Known Member

ALICE253:), I am usually a positive person and dumb as a rock when it comes to courtroom procedures, but I could tell something went terribly, terribly wrong. I was watching and thinking this is as a bad as a football player making an interception and then running to the wrong goal post! Suddenly you realize the only thing that can happen is for his own team to tackle him because he is going to score for the other team. "Defeat snapped from the jaws of victory??"
    Let's hope they have DrP testify again, and then say "The prosecution is done."

8. Bobbywoo

Bobbywoo Well-Known Member

So, does everyone think they are going to side step around the toxic points of the marriage? IMO, if they don't address it and prove that a divorce was imminent they are not proving motive. Because, after all, TS was worth more to MS alive instead of dead. UNLESS, she was going to leave him. So many dropped balls by the State. Not sure what their motive is regarding this unless it's to keep TS from being dragged through the mud. But would TS rather be dragged through the mud to ensure her murderer go to prison? Or look squeaky clean and have her murderer go free?

9. Oregonmama

Oregonmama Well-Known Member

Mark is not going to walk. Medicare fraud charges still can be filed against him when this trial is done. Am I happy so far with this trial, NO!!, but we still have witnesses such as Carrie Kain, Tay Sho and others. CK will nail Mark's coffin for freedom shut for good!! CK will be able to tell the jury her interaction in the house of horrors after T's death and the amount of times (17) that Mark said she was hit is the slam dunk. No one except LE , ME and the killers knew that fact!! Mark can continue to enjoy his honey buns behind bars for the rest of his pathetic life!!! JMO

10. Curious Me

Curious Me Long-Time Member from back in the day

This is the State's Opening Statement.

11. Marysmith

Marysmith Well-Known Member

I agree completely. It’s frustrating. Been involved in a similar case and the way the prosecution presented and the things they didn’t ask still bothers me sooo much and a full conviction was not secured.., not even close. Honestly for victims the crime is horrific but the trial can also be very traumatizing.

12. ChicagoChic

ChicagoChic Well-Known Member

Court TV keeps showing the video of CWW's testimony and it is so repulsive as to be unbearable. I think that CWW is a liar. No way should he be given a lesser sentence after what he did-- when he recounts the hideous bludgeoning of that lovely woman, he speaks about his "weak shoulders" and that he couldn't strike a really powerful blow to her head--and that he "tried two more times but thinks that it got her arms and not her head" and then goes on to say that Rodgers was beating her again and again and again and that he asked him to stop?! Yeah sure....CWW is a big fat liar. I don't believe his version of events. Nope. Sick, depraved loser who isn't even a human being.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  13. Marysmith

Agree. He is DISGUSTING and EVIL.

14. ChicagoChic

I wish that the prosecution would read our posts to get a better idea of public opinion on their plea deal. Taking the death penalty off the table should have been the only concession. He deserves life in prison--no less. Never to feel the grass, smell the flowers, hear the laughter of his family....he is a MONSTER. I don't understand how ANYONE could do something like this.

15. Marysmith

All 3 of them do!! So disturbing that these 3 found each other and butchered someone without a second thought!

16. ChicagoChic

Agreed. I think that Dr Petrites is the most important witness thus far against Seviers.....Mark's phone call to him the night before like they were close buddies and then calling him the say of the killing is extremely telling. Bizarre behavior. It would have made sense if he would have asked his mother to look in on his wife when she came to feed the dogs. Asking his mother or the office worker would have made sense.

17. debbiegarcia36

Well said IQ! There is so much more to this case. I thought Dr. P would mention him overhearing the conversation about Medicare fraud between MS an TS. I havent watched much of the testimony. Was the state able to say how many messages, phone calls were exchanged between CWW and MS on their burner phones?

18. scapa

scapa Well-Known Member

I agree with those posters concerned about the overall thrust of the prosecution case. It seems to offer an unclear, unfocused, and at times almost shorthand account of the crime without paying proper attention to background, timeline and the nexus of motives that drove the planning and execution phases, more of a recap or précis than step-by-step narrative, including all possible whos, wheres, whys and hows.

Not sure if this is because of the cascading effect of the CWW/JRR trials, but if I were a juror who knew nothing of the case or this earlier trials I would feel underprepared by the crown's case at this point -- sort of like a tour guide who pushes you through the palace at a trot because s/he's already handed out the pamphlet. Their job, surely, is to frame and interpret evidence in the best possible order so that the jury can weigh and decide the case. I just don't feel at this point that that framing has been optimized -- still plenty of time, of course.

19. Marysmith

Yes. You said it perfectly. That’s how I felt about the trial I referenced earlier- that if you were a juror there were so many gaps and unanswered questions out there. I understand the not guilty verdict in that case...

20. beach

beach Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

I’ve been sitting on my hands because I am furious. Only getting more furious every day. This is the most disjointed piece of crap case in chief I have ever witnessed. Frankly, it’s a disaster. Let’s be real - they’ve barely entered any evidence or testimony that ties directly to Mark. And we all know it’s there. They just haven’t called the witnesses that can link him. Unfortunately, I fear the reason why they haven’t is even more disgusting. I hope I’m wrong but every day is seems more apparent.

So....here goes my worry/concern...

The day before Teresa’s funeral there was a private family viewing/memorial. The family went back to Bonnie’s house afterward. More family & friends were arriving from out of town to gather there. However, Mark insisted on leaving the family to meet with a woman at the beach. A friend who was so distraught that she was contemplating dropping out of law school, so he said. Mark said he needed to talk her out of it. That woman was Michele Petrites, Dr. Petrites’ wife. He returned 4 hours later. Sunburned. I’ve waited for over 4 years for her statement to be released. Ever seen it? Nope, me either. Ever heard a single word from her? Not me. Wonder why, don’t y’all? You’d think surely the State would want her statement. Why haven’t we seen it? Baffling.

Fast forward to 2018. She’s graduated law school apparently because she is now employed by the State of Florida as an Assistant State Attorney in a neighboring county. I’m not going to post her profile but it’s out there. (Please don’t post it if you find it. I’ve got screenshots if it disappears.) Is the State protecting this woman for professional reasons? Someone needs to do some explaining.