Mark Sievers Trial General Discussion Thread

I'm don't know, I just don't know.

Mark would be an incredibly stupid sex maniac to leave that gathering, with his daughters, to take them to the beach to meet up for sex with Mrs. P. Did they do it in the sun for him to get a sunburn?

I'm more likely to believe he had to talk to Mrs. P to beg her or blackmail her to not tell all she knew to LE. Maybe they did have something going on. It might be best if she isn't called and I'll tell you why I say that.

At this point, Dr. P's testimony is one of the strongest in the trial. He gives us the ah-ha certainty that Mark had this premeditated. He called Dr. P the night before Teresa was killed.

It'd probably lessen the impact of Dr. P's testimony if the jury thought he was actually jealous or resentful of his wife and Mark having something going on. JMO

I think he was there to talk to her about the Medicare fraud. She was the administrator of her husbands medical practice at the time, correct? And with the new deposition of HIS a few weeks ago..... Maybe he (Dr. P) just learned some new things. I think there was a LOT more going on than we know. And now she's working for the State as an attorney. And nothing has been filed on the medical fraud yet. If Mark gets off, he gets the insurance. The insurance will pay for the fraud case and any monies owed. There are so many roads this can go down...

I know about that play date lady. My post is more about not wanting to lessen Dr. P's testimony.

It did cross my mind that Mrs. P was starting law school and maybe Mark wanted to pick her brain for legal advice/ideas.

I'm don't know, I just don't know.

Mark would be an incredibly stupid sex maniac to leave that gathering, with his daughters, to take them to the beach to meet up for sex with Mrs. P. Did they do it in the sun for him to get a sunburn?

I'm more likely to believe he had to talk to Mrs. P to beg her or blackmail her to not tell all she knew to LE. Maybe they did have something going on. It might be best if she isn't called and I'll tell you why I say that.

At this point, Dr. P's testimony is one of the strongest in the trial. He gives us the ah-ha certainty that Mark had this premeditated. He called Dr. P the night before Teresa was killed.

It'd probably lessen the impact of Dr. P's testimony if the jury thought he was actually jealous or resentful of his wife and Mark having something going on. JMO

I think he was there to talk to her about the Medicare fraud. She was the administrator of her husbands medical practice at the time, correct? And with the new deposition of HIS a few weeks ago..... Maybe he (Dr. P) just learned some new things. I think there was a LOT more going on than we know. And now she's working for the State as an attorney. And nothing has been filed on the medical fraud yet. If Mark gets off, he gets the insurance. The insurance will pay for the fraud case and any monies owed. There are so many roads this can go down...

Agreed. I think that Dr Petrites is the most important witness thus far against Seviers.....Mark's phone call to him the night before like they were close buddies and then calling him the say of the killing is extremely telling. Bizarre behavior. It would have made sense if he would have asked his mother to look in on his wife when she came to feed the dogs. Asking his mother or the office worker would have made sense.
I am very afraid that the jury is going to forget about Dr Petrites testimony. There isn't any reason for the prosecutors to put the store employees on the stand to show the 2 idiots going to get gas. That has nothing to do with Mark and the horrible things he has done. I am concerned at this point that Ta Sho won't be on the stand and she isn't tied to MS at all, I don't think we'll see AW either. Who will the prosecution put on the stand Wed and Mon to tie it all together and show it was MS's plan? They haven't done anything regarding proof of all the insurance $ he was going to get. Hearing that MM is recalling CWW again next week should be interesting, and I have no doubt he's going to play a big part in ruining his testimony.
I'm truly worried that MS is going to get off with a not guilty verdict, there's nothing on the table except 1st degree murder. I'm upset with the prosecutors at this point.

@Scalex appellate issues?

Yes. Most definitely.
I also think the only strong witness they have is Dr. P and when you introduce his wife, you then open her up to being relevant. If you lay that foundation then the fact that Mrs P was having an obvious affair with Mark is admissible as evidence in court. Their ongoing text messages and phone calls. The second they mention her. She ran to mark when she needed life advice, when most would rely on their spouse. They had a very close relationship.
Then you believe Dr. P has a motive to testify negatively against Mark. Then you no longer believe Dr. P when he testified that him and his wife mostly just were close to Teresa. Now you’ve lost your one remotely effective witness. JMO

Yes. Most definitely.
I also think the only strong witness they have is Dr. P and when you introduce his wife, you then open her up to being relevant. If you lay that foundation then the fact that Mrs P was having an obvious affair with Mark is admissible as evidence in court. Their ongoing text messages and phone calls. The second they mention her. She ran to mark when she needed life advice, when most would rely on their spouse. They had a very close relationship.
Then you believe Dr. P has a motive to testify negatively against Mark. Then you no longer believe Dr. P when he testified that him and his wife mostly just were close to Teresa. Now you’ve lost your one remotely effective witness. JMO

You understood my point. Thank You! BBM

Yes. Most definitely.

Hopefully the defense won't call her.

Yes. Most definitely.
Yikes!

Court TV is capitalizing on the sensationalism of the case which means lots of CWW and JRR coverage. Mark's role is hiring these guys. The State has to prove what they stated in the Opening Statement. (see above video) There was the wedding, the burner phones connection, the insurance motive and payoff talk. They can prove the two men came to Florida and there's a fiber linking them inside the house. There's a lot being left out so far. Some of what the prosecution has presented has lacked impact and seemed disjointed, IMO. Hope the next witnesses are as convincing and revealing as Dr. P's in his testimony. I'm afraid there isn't going to be enough to show that Mark's role was "the crucial evil" that set this all in motion. Stay hopeful though and remember the Jurors are very intelligent people.

All JMO
Court TV is not the best site . It acts like a soap opera at times

It's like Mark is on trial for a speeding ticket!!..Shaking my head in disgust and disbelief.. What else does Teresa's poor family have to go through?? PPS stands for Pitiful Prosecution Strategy. I don't care if they start laying golden eggs all of a sudden.
For now it's been nothing but BS PPS.

-Nin

It's like Mark is on trial for a speeding ticket!!..Shaking my head in disgust and disbelief.. What else does Teresa's poor family have to go through?? PPS stands for Pitiful Prosecution Strategy. I don't care if they start laying golden eggs all of a sudden.
For now it's been nothing but BS PPS.

-Nin

Absolutely!
IMO we have to prepare ourselves for the very real scenario that MS may walk on this. If the jury, just like in the JRR trial, doesn't find CWW credible and they don't think MS's calls to Dr. P are as telling as we do, the State literally has NOTHING. There has been no motive even proven. CWW said there was trouble in the marriage, but not one single other person has corroborated that. Not one. As far as the jurors know their marriage was rosy and MS was a great husband that loved his wife very much.

Am I dense or not seeing the big picture. I cannot connect any of this questioning that is a rehash of JRR trial to Marks involvement in the murder. Am I missing something

I'm with as to the same thought, big time.

For the life of me I cannot understand what the prosecution is doing.

I keep thinking what they are not doing! It's like they are just redoing the previous trial and they forgot that Mark is on trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back