Mark Sievers Trial General Discussion Thread

I know what we need - WAT Wild About Trial giving us the blow-by-blow! It came to me just now as I was watching CourtTv (yeah, running in the background while I do other things) and I heard static. I looked up and realized it was WAT's patented "Sizzlebar" - static while everyone's at sidebar . :D So, seven expected witnesses to be called by defense instead of previous announced five.

They better present one hell of a closing... Spelled out in easy to understand, tied together in a nice bow, with all the sparkles needed. This is a Florida jury. They are fickle, self serving and materialistic. And I say this ASA Floridian in the area. It's a different mind set here. We are used to scammers and fakes and less than ethical people. We are a transient state. I truly hope some of the jurors are snow birds because they may have some northern ethics they brought work them. I know it sounds harsh but it's fact. I've been in our courthouse time and time again watching people walk for the 4th or 5th time in felones.... Over and over again. Is crazy.. I'd think I'm headed if I didn't continue to follow their records and see it going on again and again. Sad to say.. and why is leave this state if I could.

I was curious to see the gallery practically empty and to us, this is a huge trial - lots of personal information, a creepy defendant, tons of evidence thanks to the creepy defendant, the very well-liked and respected victim, a doctor and mother with family and friends who adored her. Is the general public not allowed into this trial or could it be a Florida thang, too? No disrespect intended. :peace:

I was curious to see the gallery practically empty and to us, this is a huge trial - lots of personal information, a creepy defendant, tons of evidence thanks to the creepy defendant, the very well-liked and respected victim, a doctor and mother with family and friends who adored her. Is the general public not allowed into this trial or could it be a Florida thang, too? No disrespect intended. :peace:

The public are allowed in.

I was surprised at the empty gallery at JRR's, but thought anyone interested in the case might have decided to opt for the 'biggie'. Considering the publicity and nature of Discovery, I'm kinda taken aback it's been virtually empty here, apart from family and reporters.

Local friends and others who knew and loved Teresa are probably of working age. Maybe they'll attend for the verdict and/or sentencing?

@beach - will you be starting a new thread for starting Day 8? And please tag when you do open whichever thread so I can post my stuff! TIA! :)

I want to THANK you all for the great descriptions going on in the court room! Loved it. And also all those tweets! :)

Yes. They absolutely can and great attorneys do so.

If you want to see an excellent attorney at work, looks up the Patrick Frazee trial, from last month in Colorado. Dan May gave one of the best closings ever, and one of the best trial presentations.

It is on youtube and on Law and Crime.

It was such a disappointment that we could not see him give his opening and closing and trial presentation due to those decorum rules. No video, no audio, and no sketches. And since there was no video or audio at all, we will never ever see or hear it on YouTube or Law & crime.

Unfortunate that we have to suffer through watching this tragic prosecution. I feel like I am dreaming that the prosecution closed their case in Chief.

I wasn't sure what the State meant by Direct Evidence when they were debating an acquittal today. See the definition of Direct Evidence in my quote? No, I don't think the State has to define it as such, not sure. The Judge seemed to agree they do have enough Direct Evidence.

Hope this doesn't post twice again. You need to go back and edit one, but you can't delete the entire post. :) Oh, snipped by me to reply also.

I understood it to mean that the word of a co-conspirator (CWW) is direct evidence. It's just up to the jury whether or not to believe it.

I know what we need - WAT Wild About Trial giving us the blow-by-blow! It came to me just now as I was watching CourtTv (yeah, running in the background while I do other things) and I heard static. I looked up and realized it was WAT's patented "Sizzlebar" - static while everyone's at sidebar . :D So, seven expected witnesses to be called by defense instead of previous announced five.

Ahhh, the days of everyone wearing salmon lol. I haven't heard of him in some time, wonder if he is still active.

What is the hold up today I wonder? We are streaming, but no activity. The defense is on, yet there is an issue with starting on time?

ETA: It appears that the deposition by ???? is taking longer than anticipated this am. I forgot who the deposition was for... does someone recall to refresh?

Ahhh, the days of everyone wearing salmon lol. I haven't heard of him in some time, wonder if he is still active...snipped

Oh wow, wearing Salmon color. What a trip down memory lane. He helped us watch several trials.

SBM/BBM

Ahhh, the days of everyone wearing salmon lol. I haven't heard of him in some time, wonder if he is still active.

What is the hold up today I wonder? We are streaming, but no activity. The defense is on, yet there is an issue with starting on time?

ETA: It appears that the deposition by ???? is taking longer than anticipated this am. I forgot who the deposition was for... does someone recall to refresh?

I think it is an attorney with the last name Lyons but I’m not 100% on that.

I see the defendant is up there with the lawyers for sidebar. Don't recall seeing that in other trials or maybe I'm just extra annoyed at this one. It just doesn't look right. He's so smug, self-important and big on appearing anything but what he is. It's been looking like he needs new glasses and now it looks like he might need hearing aids - he keeps straining and leaning in to try and hear.

I see the defendant is up there with the lawyers for sidebar. Don't recall seeing that in other trials or maybe I'm just extra annoyed at this one. It just doesn't look right. He's so smug, self-important and big on appearing anything but what he is. It's been looking like he needs new glasses and now it looks like he might need hearing aids - he keeps straining and leaning in to try and hear.

This judge seems to allow it. CWW did it too.

I think MS is trying to blend in with his defense team. He thinks it makes him look “lawyerly” & not like “a defendant on trial”. It’s a “mask” so jurors and on lookers may view the defense table as legal team vs a legal team and a defendant sitting there. Completely differs from what we saw during JRR’s trial. MS isn’t fooling us like he thinks. AND I hope jurors see thru this BLURRRR Mark’s perpetuating.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back