Mark Sievers Trial General Discussion Thread

Nevermind: I forgot that we have all kinds of fabulous files here for our access! Whoohoo off I go.

Having a brainfaht here. Was it brought up in any of the trials about the alarm system being disarmed and the fact that MS told his mom to "leave it off" that very night? It's in police interviews with Mark's mom Bonnie.

And were the remote commands turning on or off the security alarm brought up in court? I remember it being investigated and that would have been something to have the company testify if it had the proof.

Not a peep during the trial about the security system “glitches”...only that Mark gave CWW the code. Strange the State would leave that part out also.

The Sievers Murder Fallout - Gulfshore Life

And then there was the time, just a few weeks before the murder, when Mark Sievers appeared on the couple’s lanai when the pair was inside one evening. When they confronted him, he had an odd explanation. “He said, ‘Oh I’ve just come to see what you’ve done with the place,’” Torres says. “Now, mind you, we had lived there six years at this point. And he had to go through three doors to get onto our lanai.”
And so, ultimately, the day of the murder felt both sudden and inevitable for Torres, who had always dreaded some kind of event involving Mark.
“It was shocking, but it wasn’t a surprise if that makes sense,” she says.....

....In hindsight, she believes Mark was planning the murder that time he was on her lanai, trying to ascertain her vantage point of his home. Trying to gauge what she might hear from her lot.

BBM

Nevermind: I forgot that we have all kinds of fabulous files here for our access! Whoohoo off I go.

Having a brainfaht here. Was it brought up in any of the trials about the alarm system being disarmed and the fact that MS told his mom to "leave it off" that very night? It's in police interviews with Mark's mom Bonnie.

And were the remote commands turning on or off the security alarm brought up in court? I remember it being investigated and that would have been something to have the company testify if it had the proof.
I think they said it was supposed to be off, but wasn't, therefore cww had to use keypad to enter the house for scouting purposes with jr

I don’t believe for one second that Mrs P wasn’t questioned. Her and mark had daily texts and phone calls for years. That is corroboration of an ongoing relationship. I just don’t think she gave them what they wanted, or it wasn’t relevant to the crime, so they chose not to submit it as evidence. If they never questioned her, then they didn’t do their due diligence. JMO
The look on Dr. P's face when asked if his wife was going to drop out of law school. I would love to know the story behind all of that.

Bouncing off your MS and "overspending and free money" - it's always amazed me that they were in extreme debt yet MS (Mr. House husband and office manager) had the following hired WEEKLY help: housekeeper - lawn maintenance - pool maintenance - food delivery and tutors for the girls (daily). Imagine how much less their weekly (and monthly and yearly) expenses would be if he did all that himself - but NO - Mr. Show Off had to have hired help while he didn't pay the bills on time so he could squander away 50g's to live off of after he hired someone to kill his wife. In the meantime, he doesn't answer his phone from the office, his home office is a wreck and he spends his days taking baths and playing with himself (puke). Btw - The tutor money was well spent because I can't imagine what he would teach them.
Everything he does is just disgusting. Ugh. Just so gross how he lived.

Hi all....

So many posts re the alarm. Mark told his mom not to set it that fateful night because T was coming in and she could not reset the alarm when she came back in the afternoon which was after the 2 monsters were in the house.

So many things that could been said in this trial but it was not introduced. His lifestyle, how he was brought up is not relevant to the case but it sure connects the dots to who Mark is. We have so much of the discovery that convicts Mark but the jury does not have all that info. I am just really disappointed that the State did not nail it, and that's my opinion. They tip toed for a reason and if they included all the witnesses and info we wanted them to, this trial would have to start all over again with a new jury. Lets hope the coffin gets nailed better tomorrow for T's family sake during closing arguments! MOO

Not a peep during the trial about the security system “glitches”...only that Mark gave CWW the code. Strange the State would leave that part out also.

Thank you, I thought either I was going nuts or the State was by not bringing it in as just one more nail. Even if it's not 'proof', it all adds up.

The look on Dr. P's face when asked if his wife was going to drop out of law school. I would love to know the story behind all of that.
I loved it! He looked the tiniest bit surprised and amused. Dr.P surely had heard or read that self-serving narcissistic tripe that MS was peddling to people and couldn't believe that the defense lawyer fell for it and and brought it out in court only to be politely corrected on the record by a gentleman.
I like Dr.P. he's very cool on the stand. It's easy when you tell the truth. That explains a bit about the defendant being unable to sit still long enough fart. I don't know if he was born with that unfortunate expression or he's cultivated a look that he thinks makes him look intelligent but only makes him look smug, satisfied and smarmy with a touch of that good ole' Duper's Delight.

It would be enlightening for him if he could see the difference between the genuine grief of MAG and AL in juxtaposition to the feigned muck on the face of the man in his mirror who didn't experience any. Bad actor in more ways than one.

I looked for it, and couldn't find Dan May's Closing. Found one video of him talking about Kelsey as he was standing on a street, but no Closing found. I followed the trial via the texts only, so I'd love to see Mr. May in action.
The trial wasn't shown due to the judge's decorum order. You'll have to read Dan May's amazing words online.

Dr. P did not lose one iota of dignity today. He did not allow MM to suggest untruths towards a goal of creating reasonable doubt.

I do wonder where MM was going to go with the question about his wife thinking of quitting law school. Where was he going to take it? Ah, but Dr. P made MM look like the fool.

Dr. P keeps all his credibility with the jurors. His account of Mark's strange phone messages, the night before and morning of, remain suspiciously strange.

iota - an extremely small amount

The trial wasn't shown due to the judge's decorum order. You'll have to read Dan May's amazing words online.

That's what I thought, as I did follow the trial via texts, but I was replying to someone telling us we could find his Closing in online videos. Thank You for your reply though. Dan May has quite a following now. Where can I read the transcripts then?

I loved it! He looked the tiniest bit surprised and amused. Dr.P surely had heard or read that self-serving narcissistic tripe that MS was peddling to people and couldn't believe that the defense lawyer fell for it and and brought it out in court only to be politely corrected on the record by a gentleman.
I like Dr.P. he's very cool on the stand. It's easy when you tell the truth. That explains a bit about the defendant being unable to sit still long enough fart. I don't know if he was born with that unfortunate expression or he's cultivated a look that he thinks makes him look intelligent but only makes him look smug, satisfied and smarmy with a touch of that good ole' Duper's Delight.

It would be enlightening for him if he could see the difference between the genuine grief of MAG and AL in juxtaposition to the feigned muck on the face of the man in his mirror who didn't experience any. Bad actor in more ways than one.

I think one of the reasons Mark keeps so busy is because he has a tendency to smile when he's nervous. JRR was a decent-looking defendant (I don't mean handsome) because he paid rapt attention and had a very serious look on his face. I don't think Mark can maintain that composure. I think he would just smile and laugh out of nervousness and that would look even worse than his busy-work and fake-crying.

I don’t understand how TS let this fly at all. Why was he allowed to have all of this hired help as a “Stay at home dad”??? Bless her heart... she did everything for her family. He is disgusting.
He is disgusting!! I could never figure that out either. I imagine he whined about all these "chores" while he was faking being an office manager and TS went along with it - or - he did such a miserable job on purpose (I remember a text she was complaining about the pool water being disgusting). LE interviewed all the hired help and they identified their jobs.
The disgust I feel for him is equal to CWW, JRR, Jodi Arias, Drew Peterson, Scott Peterson and Casey Anthony. Despicable humans that have no regard for human life. Ugh!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back