Mark Sievers Trial General Discussion Thread

I'm watching Trial Day 2 with Kevin Stout – Digital Forensic Examiner. Interesting that they analyzed 29 electronic devices, 10 were phones and none of the those phones were CWW's.

Also noticing that so far, all the witness examinations seem to be almost a preliminary aspect of the technological aspects without even touching upon the 'meat' of the texts, notes and messages themselves that pertain to the case. It's like watching career day at school :/ I mean, it has it's place for sure, but it's like this is background or support to lead to ACTUAL INFORMATION.

When defense lawyer was asking questions of Jennifer Kircikyan, MS was alert and very attentive with his head swiveling back and forth from his lawyer to witness Jennifer Kircikyan. Finally! A question about how a name gets attached to a particular phone! The answer has to do with SMS and Contacts, but no information beyond that. Grrr. That's all well and good, but why does it matter if you're not going to present communications?

Why no questions about how it can be faked, spoofed, cloned, etc.? Now a question about UTC and timestamps. That's all well and good, but why does it matter if you're not going to present actual communications and explain what they mean? So, prosecutor has now had the witness read aloud a few messages, but they mean nothing without the context. Yay, got excited, then it died. He had witness read "brother from an other mother" - he had her emphasize the "an other" as being two words, but that's as far as it goes.

Jeezopeez, a bunch of questions that don't go anywhere. Hopefully, this jury has someone on there that thinks like Websleuthers and can put things these together, because as it stands now, there are just unrelated messages. I just don't get this. WE know what those random, individual texts are in reference to, but how does the jury?

This is really frustrating. We could use Juan Martinez here; I get the feeling he'd enjoy this case because there's so much to work with.

"This is really frustrating. We could use Juan Martinez here; I get the feeling he'd enjoy this case because there's so much to work with."

As a verified Juannette, I totally agree with you. This case needs someone like Juan or like Dan May, who can connect the dots for the jurors.

This trial has been so uninspiring, so unsatisfying, to watch because it feels like splashes of data and loosely related tidbits of info are being put forth, but not a real strong narrative that tells the true story of Mark's evil plans. Juan Martinez would have hit it hard and spelled it out for the jury.

I hope the prosecution can organise the rest of the info and make a bigger impact than they seem to have so far.

Lenka Spiska
Dr. Sievers' associate now practices on her own
Updated 11:03 a.m. ET Sept. 24, 2015
Anyone calling the late Dr. Teresa Sievers’ office or visiting her website would conclude that fellow healer Lenka Spiska was still associated with the practice. Both announce her presence and tout Spiska’s expertise in massage, acupressure, reiki and more.

The fact is, almost three months after Sievers was found killed in her Bonita Springs home, Spiska has taken her multi-faceted practice independent. She's completely separated herself from Sievers’ office, which the doctor's husband, Mark, is running.
[...]
I am interesting to learn what Lenka Spiska has to say, but the only video that I found is some obscure online news site that expects us to hear it. Looking for info on what she has said (which I understand wasn't kind to Teresa =( )

Found in Thread #1 from July 4, 2015 news article with interview with Sandra Hoskins, Dr. Sievers' nurse of seven years.

Colleague of murdered Bonita Springs doctor speaks out

She was on the stand it seemed only briefly. I said before, I don't understand why such short questioning when she knew so much about Dr. Sievers life, and I'm sure a lot about Mark. ?????
I'd trust what she had to say.

Found in Thread #1 from July 4, 2015 news article with interview with Sandra Hoskins, Dr. Sievers' nurse of seven years.

She was on the stand it seemed only briefly. I said before, I don't understand why such short questioning when she knew so much about Dr. Sievers life, and I'm sure a lot about Mark. ?????

Reading that report, Sandra learned from a deputy at the crime scene that Teresa was dead.....and then she said that she called Mark who was hysterical.
Who told Mark that Teresa was dead? If Dr. Petrites didn't tell him, who did and when? That is important for us to know

ITA & I don’t understand any of this. Sandra had a LOT to say (or wanted to say) just judging by her demeanor on the stand. Why has there not been any in-depth analysis of MS & TS’s relationship? There is so much discovery that hasn’t even been touched on and now it’s too late. Instead of watching these State attorneys shuffling papers around, maybe they could have spent more time questioning witnesses who actually had a LOT to offer regarding their marriage and the dynamics of it.

I quit watching the trial after the first day or so as it’s been one big letdown considering it has taken four years to go to trial. FOUR YEARS! What am I missing? Is the State not invested in this case? Why put on a trial that costs so much $$ and then do a half-a$$ed job of it? What a total disappointment.....I am very concerned that MS is going to walk.

I don't trust my memory on this, sorry, but maybe someone else can pin down who and when Mark was told. It sounds like Sandra told him what she knew, but she had limited knowledge at that point. Perhaps she knew TS was dead, but not murdered. The wording makes it hard to determine.

The 2015 article says:

"The phone rang. The girl in the front office picked it up and said there's crime tape. Her block is taped off, and there's police everywhere," said Hoskins."

"Hoskins immediately drove to the doctor's home and spoke with a deputy".

"He said she's passed," said Hoskins. "I called Mark, and I said I know what's going, but I don't know what's going on. He was hysterical."

"I said where are you. He said I'm on my way home. I said Mark I'm headed back to the office to take care of things."

"That's exactly what Hoskins did..."

Random bits. Some angry, some mean, oh well.

I think the fundraiser recipient was changed to the church by the brother as soon as he took it over (the fundraiser). I think the family suspected MS very quickly - it may have been subconscious for some, but I think they knew. For sure, they knew by the time they took over the fundraiser.

I thought I read that CWW and JRR picked them up on the way into the house - they were laying on the freezer or something in the garage? I could be thinking of something else though, I've forgotten so much of this and am still trying to go through the volumes of information available. So much information available and yet we know there are tons of things that haven't been released yet.

Asking for $1 million was distasteful and ridiculous and screams MS even though it was LS (I have my doubts as to originally whose idea it was) who started it. It costs the same to bury a doctor as a candlestick maker or stay at home mom. It's MS narcissistic, self-important ego for the family to be living beyond their means. Instead of wasting money on having to build the biggest house in the neighborhood, go out to fancy dinners, expensive spa dates, club memberships, parties, sex romps, suspicious insurance premiums etc. MS should have been actually working a job or at the vert least, managing the household by living within their means, socking away money instead of pretending to be what he was not and then by assuming his wife's murder was an investment of huge return He was so involved in being self-important and running around with people so far out of his league, he screwed his family and that's before murdering the mother of his children. TS just wanted what was best for her family and her practice and from what we've heard, that didn't include social climbing - that was all her dead weight albatross of a husband.

I know of the recent, sudden death of a 41 year old mother of 9 (she was also pregnant with #10). They lived a common sense life, single income family and owned a very small home all paid for. The father got a lot of push from people to start a fundraiser, so he did. With a goal of only $1.00. One dollar. If anyone deserves some help, it's that family with 9 kidlets, not MS who knew he had several fat-*advertiser censored* life insurance payouts coming to turn him into a multimillionaire douchebag.

Let's pretend he got away with it and received all those millions. He'd still be the same disgusting, lowlife human being (I keep thinking of how he couldn't keep anything organized or clean like his van seat (wth) only he'd have money. Money doesn't buy character, manners, common sense or class. He'd probably be bankrupt within a couple of years because we know he wouldn't go out and get a job. We already know he spent TS' money on house cleaners, pool maintenance people, gardeners... that guy didn't do a damn thing except play with himself.

ITA & I don’t understand any of this. Sandra had a LOT to say (or wanted to say) just judging by her demeanor on the stand. Why has there not been any in-depth analysis of MS & TS’s relationship? There is so much discovery that hasn’t even been touched on and now it’s too late. Instead of watching these State attorneys shuffling papers around, maybe they could have spent more time questioning witnesses who actually had a LOT to offer regarding their marriage and the dynamics of it.

I quit watching the trial after the first day or so as it’s been one big letdown considering it has taken four years to go to trial. FOUR YEARS! What am I missing? Is the State not invested in this case? Why put on a trial that costs so much $$ and then do a half-a$$ed job of it? What a total disappointment.....I am very concerned that MS is going to walk.

Oh, I take what you have to say seriously. You know what you're talking about. It scares me to have you say that there's a chance he might walk. Unbearable if that happens! I can't figure out why the State is not presenting anything that is in-depth emotionally. It's all cut and dry evidence and data, and Hamid so monotone.

The State is going no where near what is needed in a DP trial, I'd say. Jurors are going to need some actual dirt, IMO. Mark's still coming across without much personality.

Teresa has been cheated with not enough investment in telling who she was, or how loved she was by her patients and within the community.

The only hope is that the Jury sounds very astute, taking lots of notes. There's the insurance policies and money motive?

Definitely. No wonder he is always writing. He can’t text anymore so he writes. And his passive aggressive :) on everything.

Agree so passive aggressive on his texting history with TS.
True Narc behavior to text TS to call him then he doesn’t answer her call. He got fuel from her trying to call him,over & over. Then she basically text him that what he is doing is making her mad....He gets more fuel.

Exhausting human IMO!

Agree so passive aggressive on his texting history with TS.
True Narc behavior to text TS to call him then he doesn’t answer her call. He got fuel from her trying to call him,over & over. Then she basically text him that what he is doing is making her mad....He gets more fuel.

Exhausting human IMO!
Agreed. He seemingly loved to push her buttons and get a reaction. Disgusting man. These texts—if I was a lawyer, I could easily spend at least a day dissecting them and weaving them in to the story and motive.

Agreed. He seemingly loved to push her buttons and get a reaction. Disgusting man. These texts—if I was a lawyer, I could easily spend at least a day dissecting them and weaving them in to the story and motive.

Exactly what I'm saying. Dish out some dirt on Mark. His true disordered personality and his insidiousness passive aggressive meanness isn't evident yet. I'm surprised he didn't drive TS insane as he worked so hard at it. Those texts are very revealing as to what was going on.

BBM

Small correction... The GoGimmeMoney was originally one million! One million... Who does that? When he immediately started getting blowback, they dropped the amount.

Donation accounts set up for family of slain Estero doctor
Unbelievable! Especially since MS knew TS had 4 million in life insurance and $50,000 dollars was found in the home. What a scam artist! Once again, the jury really needs to know about this and all the other things Mark did that clearly demonstrated a consciousness of guilt. JMO

Oh, I take what you have to say seriously. You know what you're talking about. It scares me to have you say that there's a chance he might walk. Unbearable if that happens! I can't figure out why the State is not presenting anything that is in-depth emotionally. It's all cut and dry evidence and data, and Hamid so monotone.

The State is going no where near what is needed in a DP trial, I'd say. Jurors are going to need some actual dirt, IMO. Mark's still coming across without much personality.

Teresa has been cheated with not enough investment in telling who she was, or how loved she was by her patients and within the community.

The only hope is that the Jury sounds very astute, taking lots of notes. There's the insurance policies and money motive?

I hate to say this but I feel the same way. I wish the State would emphasize his motive.
I wish the State would emphasize more that CW and JR were hired hit men. Maybe they have and I have missed it. I have to follow under the radar while at work.

Reading that report, Sandra learned from a deputy at the crime scene that Teresa was dead.....and then she said that she called Mark who was hysterical.
Who told Mark that Teresa was dead? If Dr. Petrites didn't tell him, who did and when? That is important for us to know
I remember that now. I think the hysterics show MS put on was in his mother-in-law's back yard....but, he did not tell her until they were on the plane coming home.

Yes, I remember now Wyle the one million.

LS was very much around in their lives before TS died and certainly right after. She was in the office and their home, and she was so in their lives. Yet, she gave such useless info to LE to help catch the killer by right off finding faults in Teresa. It mystifies me how she, being an intuitive psychic, immediately started saying more negative things about TS, but not Mark. She didn't notice anything Mark was up to in the office? with Teresa? with others even CWW? with women? with her? I want her to be questioned about a great many things, and yes that G*M acct too.

JMO
Wasn't LS also involved in initially setting up the account? As controlling as MS is I am sure he had her make changes to the $$ goal.

Looks like it was Sandra Hoskins. Hoskins found out after Dr P. So Dr P didnt tell Mark but Sandra did.

Random bits. Some angry, some mean, oh well.

I think the fundraiser recipient was changed to the church by the brother as soon as he took it over (the fundraiser). I think the family suspected MS very quickly - it may have been subconscious for some, but I think they knew. For sure, they knew by the time they took over the fundraiser.

I thought I read that CWW and JRR picked them up on the way into the house - they were laying on the freezer or something in the garage? I could be thinking of something else though, I've forgotten so much of this and am still trying to go through the volumes of information available. So much information available and yet we know there are tons of things that haven't been released yet.

Asking for $1 million was distasteful and ridiculous and screams MS even though it was LS (I have my doubts as to originally whose idea it was) who started it. It costs the same to bury a doctor as a candlestick maker or stay at home mom. It's MS narcissistic, self-important ego for the family to be living beyond their means. Instead of wasting money on having to build the biggest house in the neighborhood, go out to fancy dinners, expensive spa dates, club memberships, parties, sex romps, suspicious insurance premiums etc. MS should have been actually working a job or at the vert least, managing the household by living within their means, socking away money instead of pretending to be what he was not and then by assuming his wife's murder was an investment of huge return He was so involved in being self-important and running around with people so far out of his league, he screwed his family and that's before murdering the mother of his children. TS just wanted what was best for her family and her practice and from what we've heard, that didn't include social climbing - that was all her dead weight albatross of a husband.

I know of the recent, sudden death of a 41 year old mother of 9 (she was also pregnant with #10). They lived a common sense life, single income family and owned a very small home all paid for. The father got a lot of push from people to start a fundraiser, so he did. With a goal of only $1.00. One dollar. If anyone deserves some help, it's that family with 9 kidlets, not MS who knew he had several fat-*advertiser censored* life insurance payouts coming to turn him into a multimillionaire douchebag.

Let's pretend he got away with it and received all those millions. He'd still be the same disgusting, lowlife human being (I keep thinking of how he couldn't keep anything organized or clean like his van seat (wth) only he'd have money. Money doesn't buy character, manners, common sense or class. He'd probably be bankrupt within a couple of years because we know he wouldn't go out and get a job. We already know he spent TS' money on house cleaners, pool maintenance people, gardeners... that guy didn't do a damn thing except play with himself.

ITA with everything u said. My thoughts exactly. Oh, how I wish I had Your flair for words (and I mean that in a good way lol).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks
Back