Marketing in a tough housing market

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by golfmom, Apr 4, 2008.

1. golfmom

golfmom Former Member

This made me laugh, what a creative idea to market your home in a tight housing market.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-040408-house-insurance-webapr05,1,2098576.story

MINNEAPOLIS - Whoever buys Bob Fanning's house will hope he dies. And Fanning is fine with that.

Trying to separate his 5,600 square-foot western Wisconsin home from others in the real estate glut, Fanning, 69, has come up with an odd incentive: The buyer will be named beneficiary to a 10-year, $500,000 term life insurance policy. If Fanning dies in that time, the purchase price of the Whitehall, Wis., home — listed at $498,900 — is covered.

"He's an outside-the-box thinker, no question about it," said his Realtor, Wayne Peters.

2. Loading...

3. WholeLottaRosie

WholeLottaRosie Dancing on a moonbeam!

Pretty clever! If I were looking to buy, it would make me take a look or two at this property.

4. JBean

JBean Retired WS Administrator

aww geez.

5. curious1

curious1 So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm

In 2 years we will be discussing on WS whether Bob's death really was a suicide or a murder made to look like a suicide. :doh: