Maryland cat 'causes' $50,000 fire

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by zwiebel, Aug 30, 2015.

1. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Only posting this story because it's so bizarrely unfair. A cat is being blamed for knocking a lit candle onto a mattress at a home in DuPont Avenue in Suitland, Maryland, Sunday morning. It caused an estimated $50,000 of damage.

Just seems really, really unfair to me, as for sure the cat didn't light and leave a candle burning beside a mattress, of all things.

Luckily, no injuries reported. Hope that includes the cat.

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/13932149-story?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

2. Loading...

3. Wyle_E_Coyote

Wyle_E_Coyote Well-Known Member

Note to self... make sure cats always have a full bowl of food... do not piss them off...

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

4. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

I once came home to notice my cat had a newly trimmed [previously wide & fluffy] tail. My roommate didn't say a word to me - I had to ask her wtf she did to my cat. She responded that my cat walked too close to a lit candle & caught her tail on fire. I was pissed.

Hope this kitty is ok.

5. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Well-Known Member

Hmmm. IMO, the cat was trying to break the longstanding record set by Mrs. O'Leary's cow.

:cat: :moo: