Maxie's House

A new article in Phoenix Magazine by Dina's friend, Craig Outhier.

Split Decision

Author: Craig Outhier - PRINT Issue: August, 2013, Page 42

DINA ROMANO SHACKNAI WANTS TO REFORM CHILD-CUSTODY LAWS – NOT JUST IN ARIZONA, BUT NATIONALLY. AND ABROAD.

Two years after her only son perished in a San Diego hospital room, Dina Romano Shacknai marches closer to her goal of creating a child-protection law in his name. The Parental Disclosure Act, aka “Maxie’s Law,” has a legislative sponsor, an impressive roster of well-connected backers and a compelling mandate in this era of split-custody child rearing and blended families.

http://www.phoenixmag.com/lifestyle/valley-news/201308/split-decision/

Split Decision

DINA ROMANO SHACKNAI WANTS TO REFORM CHILD-CUSTODY LAWS – NOT JUST IN ARIZONA, BUT NATIONALLY. AND ABROAD.

Two years after her only son perished in a San Diego hospital room, Dina Romano Shacknai marches closer to her goal of creating a child-protection law in his name. The Parental Disclosure Act, aka “Maxie’s Law,” has a legislative sponsor, an impressive roster of well-connected backers and a compelling mandate in this era of split-custody child rearing and blended families.

"The law will include a provision against stalking"

Well, now that's good, right? We know who seems like a stalker anyway.

I'm sure Dina wanted this article out to again bash Rebecca. I see Craig didn't include the recent headlines that someone is accusing Dina of murder. I wonder if that would come up in parental disclosure acts as well as any and all domestic violence calls.

In my opinion, timing of this article is spot on don't ya think?

<modsnip>

Here is a screen shot of it. This was on the MAXIES HOUSE website prior to going live. It is called a placeholder I believe. Before Dina Officially launched the website, this was there.

Attachments

• MAXIEHOUSE.jpg
    MAXIEHOUSE.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 439
STS - I think you mean when Dina launched her website, not Jonah.

STS - I think you mean when Dina launched her website, not Jonah.
No, I meant "In the days after Maxie's birthday, when JS launched his web site..." I can see how it would've made more sense if I'd used better punctuation or not mentioned his web site launch at all, as it is irrelevant to the point where my train of thought was heading. Sorry. English is not my first language and I love run-on sentences...

:blushing:

Split Decision

I can't see why this "law" would even be worth the resources to pontificate on it, and pass and print it. A VOLUNTARY provision for a fully consented, voluntary background check? With the individual being checked providing one form of ID?? I think we have that in place in all 50 states now. Divorcing parents can agree to all that TODAY in all 50 states.

This is an (expensive, time consuming, pointless, and ineffective) solution, desperately in search of a problem. This is not even a "bipartisan" issue, IMO. This will not keep a single child "safe" from anything or anyone, IMO.

And being that AZ is a fairly conservative state, politically, I doubt it has any chance to pass. Everyone feels sympathy for a grieving mother, but this is not a solution to any kind of societal problem that can be fixed with 3 legislative sessions or so of debate, ending in a neat, tidy new law. Dina did her stalking of Rebecca, she found the old shoplifting charge without this proposed "law". None of that had anything to do with Max's accidental fall. IMO.

I understand Dina feels like she needs a "cause". Particularly one that again attempts to paint (no pun intended) RZ responsible for Max's accident. But DS is soon to be very busy attending to the issues surrounding being named as a responsible party in a wrongful death lawsuit.

I think this proposed legislation will die on the vine pretty quickly. What legislator wants to be associated with the mess that is all this?

I can't see why this "law" would even be worth the resources to pontificate on it, and pass and print it. A VOLUNTARY provision for a fully consented, voluntary background check? With the individual being checked providing one form of ID?? I think we have that in place in all 50 states now. Divorcing parents can agree to all that TODAY in all 50 states.

This is an (expensive, time consuming, pointless, and ineffective) solution, desperately in search of a problem. This is not even a "bipartisan" issue, IMO. This will not keep a single child "safe" from anything or anyone, IMO.

And being that AZ is a fairly conservative state, politically, I doubt it has any chance to pass. Everyone feels sympathy for a grieving mother, but this is not a solution to any kind of societal problem that can be fixed with 3 legislative sessions or so of debate, ending in a neat, tidy new law. Dina did her stalking of Rebecca, she found the old shoplifting charge without this proposed "law". None of that had anything to do with Max's accidental fall. IMO.

I understand Dina feels like she needs a "cause". Particularly one that again attempts to paint (no pun intended) RZ responsible for Max's accident. But DS is soon to be very busy attending to the issues surrounding being named as a responsible party in a wrongful death lawsuit.

I think this proposed legislation will die on the vine pretty quickly. What legislator wants to be associated with the mess that is all this?

I agree, for the same reasons. According to the linked article, it was introduced just before the end of the AZ legislative session last year and hasn't been reintroduced this year.

Here is a screen shot of it. This was on the MAXIES HOUSE website prior to going live. It is called a placeholder I believe. Before Dina Officially launched the website, this was there.

STS135 OMG!!! What an incredible eye and memory you have. It is absolutely amazing how the image "flaunts" the items found in the "balcony room"...red rope fashioned into a heart/encircling noose, tube of paint...it is almost as if a VERY SICK MIND is leaving more "little messages." It is darned right CREEPY. (BTW Inthedark profuse thanks for providing the original image used for M'sHouse.) Okay, you have me absolutely convinced it was done by a very mean spirited and spooky person! Don't the police look at things like this? It is like someone sending the message, "this was done because we/I loved my son." WOW!!! I can handle a few coincidences...but a squeezed tube of paint, used to draw a crudely shaped RED noose/heart?? How can this be a coincidence? I showed it to my hubby, and he said, "Somebody is one taco short of a combo plate." And now, pushing a "parental disclosure bill!"...hells bells..."I want a "neighbor disclosure bill" so I could find out if they are prone to outbursts of anger. Hmmm, isn't "outburst of anger" a sign of "poor impulse control?" Hmmm, where and by whom, have we heard the words "poor impulse control?"
(Guess the adage, "fox-smells-his-own-hole-first", might be appropriate. ) IMO, somethin' just ain't right in Dodge.

STS135 OMG!!! What an incredible eye and memory you have. It is absolutely amazing how the image "flaunts" the items found in the "balcony room"...red rope fashioned into a heart/encircling noose, tube of paint...it is almost as if a VERY SICK MIND is leaving more "little messages." It is darned right CREEPY. (BTW Inthedark profuse thanks for providing the original image used for M'sHouse.) Okay, you have me absolutely convinced it was done by a very mean spirited and spooky person! Don't the police look at things like this? It is like someone sending the message, "this was done because we/I loved my son." WOW!!! I can handle a few coincidences...but a squeezed tube of paint, used to draw a crudely shaped RED noose/heart?? How can this be a coincidence? I showed it to my hubby, and he said, "Somebody is one taco short of a combo plate." And now, pushing a "parental disclosure bill!"...hells bells..."I want a "neighbor disclosure bill" so I could find out if they are prone to outbursts of anger. Hmmm, isn't "outburst of anger" a sign of "poor impulse control?" Hmmm, where and by whom, have we heard the words "poor impulse control?"
(Guess the adage, "fox-smells-his-own-hole-first", might be appropriate. ) IMO, somethin' just ain't right in Dodge.

Just for the record, the image used is stock photography, available through iStock and Dreamtime, among other agencies. It's a Love concept. Although that doesn't take away from the subliminal message in selecting this particular image as a placeholder while the site was under construction IMO.

Attachments

• iStock.jpg
    iStock.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 21

From the article -

If the background check turned up a criminal record, the spouse could take the information to the court and lobby to have the parenting agreement amended. &#8220;It depends on what comes up. If it&#8217;s a DUI, maybe that person can&#8217;t drive the kids anymore,&#8221; Chetworth says. &#8220;If it&#8217;s a sex conviction in Kentucky, you lose custody. Currently, you have no specific right to acquire this information.&#8221;

Here is where I am confused. What guidelines will the court put in place to help determine whether part of a background check could bring harm to a child? Would not paying your rent or having debt collections be considered irresponsible? How would the court amend the parental agreement? How would the court amend the agreement if a shoplifting charge is found? Will there be a list of rated offenses with the consequences listed next to them? Who will be responsible for enforcing the amendment?

IIRC, when Dina found the shoplifting charge on Rebecca, she didn't take this info to the court. She didn't want to deal with JS and the court. She allegedly talked to JS and had an agreement. I don't believe that agreement had anything to do with taking Max shopping. Dina didn't follow her own legislation advice by taking JS to court with what she found. In my opinion, what Dina did find on RZ had absolutely nothing to do with Maxie's accident. We cannot control everything that happens in our lives, especially when you live in a blended family.

Just for the record, the image used is stock photography, available through iStock and Dreamtime, among other agencies. It's a Love concept. Although that doesn't take away from the subliminal message in selecting this particular image as a placeholder while the site was under construction IMO.

Whew CARIOCA!...thanks for pointing out that it was just "STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY" available to anyone and probably had nothing to do with the manner and style of death in regards to Rebecca Zahau. Hmmmm, you mean just like the "STOCK VIDEO" (The Housemaid) which is available to anyone?:floorlaugh:

(Y'all know Carioca and I have been working long and hard to "set" that one up! Thanks for being such a good sport Carioca....my point has been made.)

Thank you! I stand corrected. It is merely stock photography indeed. Danielle X, the photographer who created the theme, called it her &#8220;I Love Art Theme&#8221;. She uploaded the photo to iStockphoto in 2005 as part of that Web site&#8217;s &#8220;Love Concept&#8221; collection. And she tagged it with the original name of her theme, &#8220;I love art&#8221; and the words paint and tube. Why is all of the above extremely significant you ask?

Because I spent endless hours these last two days searching iStockphoto, ShutterStock, Dreamstime, GettyImages, and even Google Images. Suffice it to say that I&#8217;m quite proficient in the use of search engines going all the way back to Archie; and, yet, no matter how hard I tried, I was not once able to find the photograph used on MaxiesHouse, nor any of the other similar photographs in the same theme - at least not without cheating. In other words, one must already have some knowledge of Rebecca&#8217;s case to be able to find them with a reasonable amount of ease and within a reasonable amount of time.

There are literally tens of thousands of stock photographs tagged with such innocuous terms as love and heart. To find such a disturbingly evocative image as that chosen by Dina and her MaxiesHouse posse, one MUST search using an &#8216;explicit phrase&#8217; that includes all three key words: heart, paint and tube.

Furthermore, Danielle&#8217;s theme includes multiple photos of the same painted heart and paint tube taken under varying lighting conditions from different angles, distances, and zoom levels. And only two of them strongly resemble a noose &#8211; as seen from the same low angle the killer might&#8217;ve seen it while draping it over Rebecca&#8217;s head.

Who designed Dina&#8217;s Web site? Knowing how much input Dina had in the process could lead to revealing lines of questioning during all the hopefully ridiculously intensive depositions to come. Have you all donated to the fund already?

Thanks again!

"this was done because we/I loved my son."

How else could one interpret it, uh?! However, as impulsive as Dina seems to be, she is also no fool, something had to trigger yet another one of her lapses in better judgement - what was it?

Dina, I seem to recall, once stated that she had sought Jonah's support when she came up with the idea but he had refused to sponsor her endeavor. And, IMHO, seemed bitter that he had then even surprised her with the launch of his own Web site several weeks later. Is that all it took to push her over the edge again?

Dina is her own worst enemy. And her impulseveness is going to be her undoing sooner or later, but I sure hope that it happens during the depositions!

:drumroll:

Thank you STS-135!

Here is a link. I have always found this choice in pictures very eerie and cryptic. I wasn't sure if the tube was icing or paint, but this clears that question up for me. I tend to believe if Dina had solicited the advice of a PR team or anyone's for that matter they would have advised her NOT to use this picture. In my opinion, she chose this picture intentionally.

Stock photo description -

-A heart and a paint tube
-I love art concept ( a heart and a paint tube)

http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-884029-love-concept.php?st=ddd22ff
http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-896803-i-love-art-concept.php

Thank you STS-135!

Here is a link. I have always found this choice in pictures very eerie and cryptic. I wasn't sure if the tube was icing or paint, but this clears that question up for me. I tend to believe if Dina had solicited the advice of a PR team or anyone's for that matter they would have advised her NOT to use this picture. In my opinion, she chose this picture intentionally.

Stock photo description -

-A heart and a paint tube
-I love art concept ( a heart and a paint tube)

http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-884029-love-concept.php?st=ddd22ff
http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-896803-i-love-art-concept.php

I agree, out of millions of photos one could choose, why would you choose one with a tube of paint in it? Let alone blood RED. Actually the photo reminds me of a noose and is the same color as the rope.

take a look

Attachments

• ht_rebecca_zahau_jp_110902_main.jpg
    ht_rebecca_zahau_jp_110902_main.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 30
  • stock-photo-896803-i-love-art-concept.jpg
    stock-photo-896803-i-love-art-concept.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 24
  • stock-photo-884029-love-concept.jpg
    stock-photo-884029-love-concept.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 20
take a look

You're right, the red loop in the bedpost and the Maxie House placeholder pic look glaringly alike. In the wrongful death suit, perhaps the Zahaus can bring this evidence forward as one example of many (e.g., numerous publicity tours and tv shows whereby Dina outright stated her "opinion" that Rebecca and her young teenage sister XZ "assaulted and caused the homicide of Max) demonstrating the irresponsible, unrelenting, reprehensible and despicable CRUELTY and continual VINDICTIVENESS post-Rebecca's death of Dina to "taunt" and "intimidate" the Zahaus, including the bullying of a 13-year-old CHILD XZ.

How can one see this oddly chosen website placeholder without recalling images such as the red heart shape made by the rope attached to the bed as previously mentioned upthread and to also be reminded of the tube of black paint [SDSD placard #36] lying on the carpet near the bed in the hanging room?

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/images/rz8749.jpg

Eerie similarities.

disclaimer: MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member