MD - 6 workers killed after 2-car collision and work zone incursion, I-695 - Windsor Mill, Baltimore Co., 22 Mar 2023 *arrests*

ifindedout

Reaction score
Around 12:40 p.m., state troopers responded to a report of a two-vehicle crash involving pedestrians in a work zone at the inner loop of I-695 at Security Boulevard.

The six people killed have been identified as:

• Rolando Ruiz, 46, of Laurel
  • Carlos Orlando Villatoro Escobar, 43, of Frederick
  • Jose Armando Escobar, 52, of Frederick
  • Mahlon Simmons III, 31, of Union Bridge
  • Mahlon Simmons II, 52, of Union Bridge
  • Sybil Lee Dimaggio, 46, of Glen Burnie

Police identified the driver of the Acura involved in the crash as Lisa Adrienna Lea, 54, of Randallstown. She was taken Shock Trauma. Police did not have an update on her condition.

Police said a second vehicle involved in the crash was a Volkswagen driven by Melachi Brown, 20, of Windsor Mill. Brown's vehicle became disabled north of the scene on the Beltway. He was not injured, according to police.

A preliminary investigation indicates Lea tried to change lanes. As she tried to move into the left lane, police said they believe her vehicle struck the front corner panel on the passenger side of the Volkswagen. Crash investigators believe this caused the Acura to lose control and go into the work zone, where the crash occurred.

Location of accident:

Traffic camera video shows moments before Beltway crash killed 6 road workers

This not too far from me. I would like the traffic cam video to be viewed here and tell be what you think. It’s fast, you may have to watch multiple times.

Traffic camera video shows moments before Beltway crash killed 6 road workers

This not too far from me. I would like the traffic cam video to be viewed here and tell be what you think. It’s fast, you may have to watch multiple times.
To me it looks like the black car tries to merge into the left lane, clipping the front edge of the white car.

The trial for the two individuals charged in the crash that killed six people on Interstate 695 in Woodlawnhas been set.

The date has been set for Dec 18. It will come nearly nine months after the fatal crash occurred.

Lisa Lea, 54, and Melachi Brown, 20, face manslaughter and other charges in the case. The crash occurred on March 22.

The trial for the two individuals charged in the crash that killed six people on Interstate 695 in Woodlawnhas been set.

The date has been set for Dec 18. It will come nearly nine months after the fatal crash occurred.

Lisa Lea, 54, and Melachi Brown, 20, face manslaughter and other charges in the case. The crash occurred on March 22.
"Court testimony revealed the Volkswagen Jetta, driven by Brown, hit speeds of 122 mph just prior to the crash. Authorities said dash camera video from another vehicle showed Brown's car darting in and out of traffic."

Good grief.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.
Back