GUILTY MD - Jacquelyn Smith, killed being Good Samaritan, Baltimore, Dec 2018 *Husband/SDaughter arrested*

crhedBngr

Justice for Danielle Stislicki
Reaction score
Good Samaritan Killed After Stopping to Give Money to Woman with ‘Help Me’ Sign

Sickening. A high price paid for attempted kindness.

Article snipped by me.

BALTIMORE – A woman trying to help what she thought was a needy mother and her baby has been fatally stabbed in Baltimore.

The good Samaritan was identified by police as 52-year-old Jacquelyn Smith, who was riding in a car with relatives Saturday when they saw a woman carrying what appeared to be a baby.

The woman was holding a sign that read, “Please Help me feed my Baby.”

Police are searching for both the suspect, described as a man in his 30s with a goatee and the woman with the sign who was asking for money. It’s not clear if they have a baby with them.

Tragic! She sounds like a wonderful woman. Her poor family!

Quoting the link:

Smith's grieving 19-year-old son, college sophomore David Hood, described his mother as a strong-willed woman who always taught her children about the importance of generosity and family. He told The Associated Press that she was in the car with her stepdaughter and her husband when she was fatally stabbed in the torso. Her husband, Keith, was behind the wheel at the time.

Baltimore woman known for kindness killed while helping panhandler

It’s believed the panhandlers were working as a pair. Quoting:

The last night of Jacquelyn Smith’s life, she and her husband, Keith, danced to their wedding song at a party.

“She was just everything to me. My everything. We called each other soulmates,” he said.

Hours later, the 52-year-old was murdered in east Baltimore near Latrobe Homes.

Police believe she was giving cash to a woman asking for money to feed her baby, when a man approached the car window, pulled out a knife, stabbed her in the chest, and robbed her.

“Snatched her necklace, and before I knew it, the girl snatched the little pocketbook from the seat and they both ran,” Keith added. “I jumped out the car to run, but I heard my wife screaming, so I came back to the car.”

Husband Of Murdered Good Samaritan Grieving The Loss Of His ‘Soulmate’

Tragic! She sounds like a wonderful woman. Her poor family!

Quoting the link:

Smith's grieving 19-year-old son, college sophomore David Hood, described his mother as a strong-willed woman who always taught her children about the importance of generosity and family. He told The Associated Press that she was in the car with her stepdaughter and her husband when she was fatally stabbed in the torso. Her husband, Keith, was behind the wheel at the time.

Baltimore woman known for kindness killed while helping panhandler

It’s believed the panhandlers were working as a pair. Quoting:

The last night of Jacquelyn Smith’s life, she and her husband, Keith, danced to their wedding song at a party.

“She was just everything to me. My everything. We called each other soulmates,” he said.

Hours later, the 52-year-old was murdered in east Baltimore near Latrobe Homes.

Police believe she was giving cash to a woman asking for money to feed her baby, when a man approached the car window, pulled out a knife, stabbed her in the chest, and robbed her.

“Snatched her necklace, and before I knew it, the girl snatched the little pocketbook from the seat and they both ran,” Keith added. “I jumped out the car to run, but I heard my wife screaming, so I came back to the car.”

Husband Of Murdered Good Samaritan Grieving The Loss Of His ‘Soulmate’

Some people have no shame,what an evil thing to do.

I hate this story.
I can hardly believe it happened to these poor people.
These were good people, trying to live a good and compassionate life, and they were cut down by the very folks they were reaching out to in kindness. The tragedy is unimaginable. I trust that the perps will be apprehended before too long. Cameras and intel should be able to identify the unsubs who can now look forward to spending the rest of their lives in cages after committing this heinous act.

Just a comment....I am so thankful for this forum. After learning about a crime like this, having a place to come to for expressing our outrage and hope for resolution to these abominations is a slight comfort in this crazy world. It helps to be able to come here to respond in some small way to these horrors in the world. Bless you all.

I hate this story.
I can hardly believe it happened to these poor people.
These were good people, trying to live a good and compassionate life, and they were cut down by the very folks they were reaching out to in kindness. The tragedy is unimaginable. I trust that the perps will be apprehended before too long. Cameras and intel should be able to identify the unsubs who can now look forward to spending the rest of their lives in cages after committing this heinous act.

Just a comment....I am so thankful for this forum. After learning about a crime like this, having a place to come to for expressing our outrage and hope for resolution to these abominations is a slight comfort in this crazy world. It helps to be able to come here to respond in some small way to these horrors in the world. Bless you all.

Infuriating, isn't it???

I checked MSM tonight to see if an arrest was pending. Nothing yet.

If the unsubs continue to ask for money, I'm hoping someone will take note and turn them in.

@CocoChanel i hate this story too. So much. I tend to be a little too generous sometimes. I guess I just wish I could save the world. But reading a tragedy like this has made me aware of the risks of being randomly generous. I guess it’s a lesson learned to only donate via trusted organizations.

Husband, daughter who claimed woman was killed after helping Baltimore panhandler are now charged with her murder

However, after a lengthy investigation, Baltimore Police allege it was Keith Smith, along with his daughter, who were responsible for Jacquelyn Smith's murder.

The pair was arrested near the U.S.-Mexico border in Harlingen, Texas, and now face charges of first-degree murder, police said at a news conference Sunday. Investigators learned Keith Smith was leaving Maryland and coordinated with the Texas State Police to take him into custody Sunday morning.

Police would not comment on how they determined Keith and Valeria Smith were responsible for the death, citing an ongoing investigation.

Officials would not comment on a possible motive.

Husband, daughter who claimed woman was killed after helping Baltimore panhandler are now charged with her murder

However, after a lengthy investigation, Baltimore Police allege it was Keith Smith, along with his daughter, who were responsible for Jacquelyn Smith's murder.

The pair was arrested near the U.S.-Mexico border in Harlingen, Texas, and now face charges of first-degree murder, police said at a news conference Sunday. Investigators learned Keith Smith was leaving Maryland and coordinated with the Texas State Police to take him into custody Sunday morning.

Police would not comment on how they determined Keith and Valeria Smith were responsible for the death, citing an ongoing investigation.

Officials would not comment on a possible motive.

Thanks for the update! Glad they caught them. Justice for Jacquelyn!

I signed up for Websleuths the day the original story broke back in December specifically to comment that I believed her husband and stepdaughter killed her, but the site wouldn’t let me comment for some reason. So I setup to receive alerts on this thread as I knew it was only a matter of time before someone would post that they’d been charged. No one around me believed my theory! I’m so glad they won’t be getting away with this heinous crime!

I know I should not be surprised by the twists and turns we see in crimes reported here on WS, but this one caught me by surprise. Staged by her husband! And his daughter! What in the world did they have to gain by this crime? How dare they go on the air to feign grief and outrage.
Now I am outraged at THEM.
Hope the prosecutors have a very strong case against them.

I signed up for Websleuths the day the original story broke back in December specifically to comment that I believed her husband and stepdaughter killed her, but the site wouldn’t let me comment for some reason. So I setup to receive alerts on this thread as I knew it was only a matter of time before someone would post that they’d been charged. No one around me believed my theory! I’m so glad they won’t be getting away with this heinous crime!

Back then you would not have been permitted to post a theory about family members being responsible for this crime because Websleuths is victim-friendly, and posting theories about people not named in MSM as suspects or POI would have been against the TOS.

Now that they have been arrested, you can discuss such theories, as long as you state it is your opinion. LE has not shared yet what prompted the arrests, but we can discuss potential motives.

That's interesting. What made you think that?

I just heard about this case, and as I was reading the first few posts, the scenario just struck me as implausible and ridiculous, IMO. My first thought was the husband paid the "homeless man" to do it. So, I wasn't surprised at all as I scrolled down to find that the husband was involved. MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back