MD - Freddie Gray dies in police custody #3 *INDICTMENT*

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by shadowraiths, Apr 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimmera

kimmera Member

Wow that IS tight! I don't know if that is the same model but the BPD van is laid out that way.

2. DebinGA

DebinGA New Member

Unless a perp is as slender as FG, I don't see how he could be laid prone on his face in that extremely narrow "foot" area. If the driver heard bangs indicating a perp was going ballistic back there, leg-shackling and putting him face-down in that floor "cocoon" would stop those shenanigans imo.

3. DebinGA

DebinGA New Member

4. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

I would not have applauded her. I would have thought she was pandering and being disingenuous. :no:

5. ShadyLady

ShadyLady Well-Known Member

Boy...it sure is quiet in here.....

6. ohreally

ohreally Active Member

It seems like the SA's case is falling apart daily.
    1. Illegal knife
    2. There has been some MSM reporting that LE did call for medical aide for FG during transport
    3. Now we are learning that not all of the transport vans have seatbelts. Unless I have missed it, it has never been reported if his transport van has seat belts or not.
    All of the charges hinge on these three things.
    I realize these are MSM reports from their 'varified source's' and not court documents. If they are proven to be true, how will any of these charges stick as written in the charging docs.

7. K_Z

K_Z Verified Anesthetist

Few more thoughts about Marilyn Mosby and the rally/ benefit rock concert she attended as a VIP guest.

There are laws which limit the value of what can be solicited, or "gifted" to elected officials and state employees. There are specific subsections in the laws about gifting tickets to elected officials at the state level. Upper end tickets for this benefit concert were $497. As of today, the beneficiaries of the concert still have not been identified, nor the portion of proceeds intended to be donated.

MM's spokesperson "said" the tickets were a Mother's Day gift from her husband. For their sake, I hope he has a paid receipt proving that, and a ticket with seats identified. MM did not occupy a seat in the audience; she was personally provided with a leather sofa onstage, where she remained for the entire concert. (I'm not sure how one would "value" that seat.) The concert was not part of a tour; the concert was organized specifically as a rally/ benefit fundraiser, using Freddy Gray's image and name, only one week before the performance.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/totally-...t-marilyn-mosby-for-attending-prince-concert/

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...prince-on-stage-as-baltimore-p/#ixzz3Zsq4O62h
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

8. K_Z

K_Z Verified Anesthetist

[video=youtube;x39-6VcN_z8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x39-6VcN_z8[/video]

9. bettybaby00

bettybaby00 Active Member

I
    Every time I hearr his name I shudder as 2 of the "hooligans" are from the town I live in.

But back on topic. Has there been word re: GJ?

10. kimmera

kimmera Member

I heard the 'headline' about them calling for the medic on local radio on my way to work this morning but got to work before they actually talked about it. I will have to look for that story. Everything you have said here supports the claim that Mosby rushed to judgement, and that is not looking good for her. Add to that all of her showboating and it's almost a guarantee that at the very least the LEOs will get a change of venue and probably a new prosecutor.

I feel that things are abnormally quiet from her side of the fence, considering all of the media interest in the case. There are still so many basic facts about the case that we have no idea about. I wonder what will be the first charges to be dropped? JMO.

11. Solitaryone

Solitaryone Active Member

MK said she defended her before this incident. Why? Everything MM has said and done proves her bias, motives and incompetence.

12. Solitaryone

MK said she defended MM before this incident. Why? Everything MM has said and done proves her bias, motives and incompetence.

13. dandy

dandy Member

also add this individual to the inappropriateness crowd:

One of the more interesting responses came from a former assistant U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia, Laura Coates.

Coates had previously been one of Mosby's defenders -- that is, until the Prince appearance.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/11/us/baltimore-freddie-gray-mosby-criticism/

p.s. i'm kinda surprised cnn added some of the pics:giggle:

14. Solitaryone

Sorry, double post.

15. K_Z

K_Z Verified Anesthetist

[video=youtube;afVF1ljm7HM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afVF1ljm7HM[/video]

16. bettybaby00

Many felt Mosby was "decisive" and gave her credit for that. *shrugs*

17. Ausgirl

Ausgirl ...

Honestly, it's like Mosby is doing her level best at every turn to make sure that all charges are dropped, and none of the six officers involved in Gray's death will get more than a few months desk duty for some sort of wishy washy neglect of care thing. If that.

Only, it's her whole career going up in flames on national TV. I can't fathom at all why she's made the choices she has made - re the charges, the people she's hired, and now this concert fiasco. Surely she can't be *that* thick.

18. sonjay

sonjay Well-Known Member

I don't think it's because she's "that thick."

I think the word I would use is hubris.

19. K_Z

K_Z Verified Anesthetist

Maybe she's never heard of Mike Nifong? :thinking:

20. bettybaby00

IDK, this is definitely one of those cases where I find myself rummaging around the attic for my tin foil hat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.