CONVICTION OVERTURNED MD - Hae Min Lee, 17, Baltimore, 13 Jan 1999

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't reddit and I'm not on the jury, and I don't have an obligation to listen to a podcast funded by the accused's family before having an opinion. I mean, unless you're gonna dox me or something. :)

Collin and Susan did not know Rabia, Adnan or his family until she reached out to them after seeing their blogs on Serial.

I initially thought Collin and Susan had to be biased since they were doing a podcast with Rabia but when I listened to Undisclosed I realized very quickly that the both of them were discussing what each piece of evidence meant for Adnan's guilt or innocence.

Can you please tell us what evidence makes you think Adnan is guilty? I am curious to know you opinion. The only thing I've read of your opinion is his speech makes you think he is guilty.

This isn't reddit and I'm not on the jury, and I don't have an obligation to listen to a podcast funded by the accused's family before having an opinion. I mean, unless you're gonna dox me or something. :)

Absolutely true - and no, I'm not going to 'dox' you, I'm not even sure what that means! Totally up to you what you think of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are some things I like about Bob, but some things that bother me, too. I will listen to his podcast to hear about the new cases he looks into.

Hey I know I'm way behind, what is the Bob podcast everyone is talking about, please?

Thank you!!

Hey I know I'm way behind, what is the Bob podcast everyone is talking about, please?

Thank you!!

Truth and Justice podcast - you want the episodes that start with a 1. It's on iTunes. He's slightly annoying but I think his heart is in the right place and he has uncovered some interesting info.

Thank you so much! I've heard of that but didn't know that was Bob that everyone was referring.
You're the best!

Collin and Susan did not know Rabia, Adnan or his family until she reached out to them after seeing their blogs on Serial.

I initially thought Collin and Susan had to be biased since they were doing a podcast with Rabia but when I listened to Undisclosed I realized very quickly that the both of them were discussing what each piece of evidence meant for Adnan's guilt or innocence.

Can you please tell us what evidence makes you think Adnan is guilty? I am curious to know you opinion. The only thing I've read of your opinion is his speech makes you think he is guilty.

You mean line up my ducks so you can shoot 'em down? :) No thanks. Sorry, I'm not massively invested in this case, I'm more interested in the cultural phenomenon of the whole thing and what it means for 'crime journalism'. (I think SA is guilty, too, FWIW, based on totality of evidence.) But again, it's important to point out: I'm not on a jury, no one cares what my opinion is, and it won't affect the outcome of either case.

As an aside, I've seen cases where people were really railroaded on ZERO evidence (and have participated in bumping those threads in the name of justice), so it's not that I'm one of the 'where there's smoke there's fire' people who think that if you got arrested, obviously you did something wrong.

You mean line up my ducks so you can shoot 'em down? :) No thanks. Sorry, I'm not massively invested in this case, I'm more interested in the cultural phenomenon of the whole thing and what it means for 'crime journalism'. (I think SA is guilty, too, FWIW, based on totality of evidence.) But again, it's important to point out: I'm not on a jury, no one cares what my opinion is, and it won't affect the outcome of either case.

As an aside, I've seen cases where people were really railroaded on ZERO evidence (and have participated in bumping those threads in the name of justice), so it's not that I'm one of the 'where there's smoke there's fire' people who think that if you got arrested, obviously you did something wrong.

I guess the biggest difference is there IS evidence against SA. No evidence at all beside the testimony of a known liar, against Adnan.

I genuinely wanted to hear why you felt Adnan was guilty. I had no intentions of "shooting down your ducks" but your response gave me all the answers I needed.

Yeah, sorry, the info about Rabia was in response to someone else's post saying they thought she was Adnan's cousin.

I think Ann Brocklehurst is an idiot! She went on an episode of Truth & Justice (when it was still called Serial Dynasty) and tried hard to support her "Adnan is guilty" argument but failed. She came across as so foolish because she really doesn't know what she thinks she knows. I just don't find her credible.

Sorry, that was me I think that sad she was his cousin. I thought she was because when she was speaking with Adnans mother in episode 7: the arrest, I thought she referred to her as "Aunty" & her husband as "uncle"...? Was I wrong? I've seen since in postings that she's more a family friend through the community & the connection is her brother being Adnans best friend?

Sorry, that was me I think that sad she was his cousin. I thought she was because when she was speaking with Adnans mother in episode 7: the arrest, I thought she referred to her as "Aunty" & her husband as "uncle"...? Was I wrong? I've seen since in postings that she's more a family friend through the community & the connection is her brother being Adnans best friend?

I believe the last thing you said is correct-- she's a close friend of the family because of her brother's friendship with Adnan and because they attended the same mosque. I do think I recall hearing Rabia refer to one, or both, of A's parents as "auntie" and/or "uncle" in the past, but I think she may have just meant it in a surrogate way. So, I can definitely see how one might think they were related.

I believe the last thing you said is correct-- she's a close friend of the family because of her brother's friendship with Adnan and because they attended the same mosque. I do think I recall hearing Rabia refer to one, or both, of A's parents as "auntie" and/or "uncle" in the past, but I think she may have just meant it in a surrogate way. So, I can definitely see how one might think they were related.

In many Pakistani families, friends of your parents will be addressed as Aunty or Uncle. It's just a cultural habit and term of respect.

Unsure of cultural terminology if that's what it is, not ignorant, just uninformed. If wrong, I feel a little silly :(

In many Pakistani families, friends of your parents will be addressed as Aunty or Uncle. It's just a cultural habit and term of respect.

Previously posted comment. Now I feel badly for not knowing. Again, not ignorant, just uninformed & feel silly. Thank you for the info.

Previously posted comment. Now I feel badly for not knowing. Again, not ignorant, just uninformed & feel silly. Thank you for the info.

Don't feel bad... because I didn't know that either. We all learn a lot from WS :)

Just wondering for the forum... I have a google doc I've been keeping & updating whilst listening to Undisclosed. It's gotten rather lengthy. I've only been a WS member for a few weeks, what is the protocol on posting a (3 page word doc) in a thread? I don't know what to do with it bc there isn't much attention on this case, but I'm curious to see if anyone else has the same questions I do.

Woah. Listening to undisclosed episode 13: bearing witness. There's a witness (Bilal) who says he was with Adnan at the mosque the evening of Jan 13??? Isn't that... Majour??? How can a massive thing like an alibi witness just be ignored??

Oh, I posted too soon. Just found out why Bilal wasn't able to testify.

Im still working my way through these podcasts, theres hours and hours of them.

When will the judge give his decision? Or is that a bit of a how long is a peice of string question?

And if the judge finds in his favour does that mean that there will be a new trial?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Im still working my way through these podcasts, theres hours and hours of them.

When will the judge give his decision? Or is that a bit of a how long is a peice of string question?

And if the judge finds in his favour does that mean that there will be a new trial?

The judge can take months to issue his ruling, unfortunately. On the up side, this is the only case he's involved in currently because he came out of retirement to hear it, so hopefully he'll rule sooner rather than later.

If the judge rules in his favor, he could be granted a new trial, but the state can (and most definitely will) appeal the ruling. If he rules against Adnan, Adnan will appeal also. So the wait goes on....

One question I have, one of the friends said adnan was always getting lifts from Hae.

Why? I know he had his own car, he had lent it to Jay. So why did he need lifts off Hae?

Was he lending his car to Jay on a regular basis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member