GUILTY MD - Hae Min Lee, 17, Baltimore, 13 Jan 1999

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by jellybeanz, Oct 9, 2014.

1. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

2. epiphany

epiphany Well-Known Member

U.S. Supreme Court Won't Hear Adnan Syed's Appeal, Keeping 'Serial' Subject In Prison

<snip> The U.S. Supreme Court announced Monday that it will not consider an appeal filed by convicted killer Adnan Syed, the main subject of the first season of the podcast Serial, leaving in place a state appeals court decision keeping him in prison for life.

U.S. Supreme Court Won't Hear Adnan Syed's Appeal, Keeping 'Serial' Subject In Prison

‘Serial’ Podcast Case Is Declined by Supreme Court
    The justices left in place a ruling by Maryland’s highest court denying Adnan Syed a new trial in the 1999 killing of Hae Min Lee.

‘Serial’ Podcast Case Is Declined by Supreme Court

Frankie Hellis and Quiet Time like this.
  3. Crimefighter331

Crimefighter331 New Member

4. Ray_of_hope

Ray_of_hope Verified registered nurse

Zachary Witman is now home and living with his parents in rural Pennsylvania. They moved from the home where Greg was killed when they found out Zach was coming home. In order to get out, Zach had to plead guilty to a lesser charge of manslaughter. There was no way around it. Since he didn't do so well in his first trial, Zach felt he may have had the same results and didn't want to chance it. He had served 20 years.

I don't know why there is no thread for this case either. It's so mysterious. And there has been a new lead discussed in link. I saw this documentary on the ID channel the other night and was hooked. His mom reported that Zach's trial attorney had no experts testify while the prosecution did. Doesn't sound like the attorney put his all in. I ache for Zach and Greg's mom and dad.

I wish there was a link for this case but I don't know how to start one on this new format.

Swirlz likes this.