MD MD - Hagerstown, Marsh Run Creek, UncMale 30-60, UP12738, Brain/eye surgery, shirt & shorts, May'14

Thank you very much, Carl. (I just saw your story on CNN - congratulations!) I had considered these things, also. Even though the sketch is based only on placement of the features, if that's their best guess, it certainly doesn't exclude the possibility. At what point is it appropriate to contact law enforcement to see if they have or are willing to consider a match like this? Is there an expected process, particularly regarding whom to contact - the agency for the MP or the UP?

I usually send an email to the NamUs regional administrators for both the MP and UP cases. And if you can find the email addresses for the Law Enforcement (or MedEx office) contacts, copy them as well.

And you will probably get more attention paid to your email if you state clearly and concisely your reasons why you think this is a match. It's best to outline your reasons in bullet point fashion. Don't just send them a couple of links and say "How about this one?". They will probably ignore it, because they get a lot of those wild guess possible matches that don't appear to have been carefully examined in detail.

Also point out what I stated above regarding DNA, Fingerprints, and dentals.

Very helpful, thank you! If/when I hear back, I will post an update.

The one thing that gives me pause is that the John Doe was found 8-9 years after Eugene Campbell's Date of Last Contact. The postmortem interval is described as "months". I wouldn't rule it out on that basis alone if there are other factors that are very compelling.

Agreed about the time gap for Mr. Campbell. My thinking is that one can be missing and alive for quite some time, which opens the door for speculation on what happened during that time, how he got the new clothes and lost his vehicle, the head injury & medical treatment, etc. Trying to avoid going down that endless path! All those things aside, I think the other similarities and the proximity are interesting enough to at least try to rule it out.

Namus has been updated in Oct 2017. DNA and Dentals available.

Circumstances

On Sunday, May 4th, 2014, a citizen hunting in a wooded area for wild mushrooms observed the partially skeletonized human lodged in debris in Marsh Run, a perennial stream/creek in Washington County, Maryland with tributaries from both Maryland and the neighboring counties in Pennsylvania, particularly Franklin County.

Medical

Prior surgery - surgical metal suture inserted in his skull around the left eye socket

Clothing and Accessories

Remnants of shirt appear to have been green or blue and yellow striped.
Degraded garments on lower body suggest two pairs of shorts, or shorts and boxer shorts.
1. Red Shorts, size large, with "NBA ELEVATION;"
2. Blue Shorts, size extra large, made in China;
3. Blue Plaid boxers, "Fruit of the Loom" brand

https://identifyus.org/cases/12738

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Clothing
Remnants of shirt appear to have been green or blue and yellow striped. Degraded garments on lower body suggest two pairs of shorts, or shorts and boxer shorts. 1. Red Shorts, size large, with "NBA ELEVATION;" 2. Blue Shorts, size extra large, made in China; 3. Blue Plaid boxers, "Fruit of the Loom" brand

Marsh Run Doe – UNSOLVED APPALACHIA
Marsh Run Doewas located on Sunday, May 4, 2014 in Hagerstown, Maryland; as an unidentified person was hunting for mushrooms around Loose Lane they came upon the partially skeletonized body of a white male lodged in debris in a creek called Marsh Run.

By the time of the discovery there was only bones and soft tissue that remained. Notably, upon examination by the ME they discovered a surgical metal suture inserted in his skull around the left eye socket.

12738_57594.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fitriawastuti
Back