Deceased/Not Found MD - Heather Grogg, 33, & Danielle Tyler, 18, Carroll Co, 6 Apr 2020 *arrest*

Transferred
He was booked into Eastern Regional Jail in Martinsburg, WV on 2/5/2024. The Berkeley County Court and a US District Court are in Martinsburg so maybe this is a sign trials might happen soon?

You can look up WV jail inmates by name here:

His new mugshot shows he has a tattoo on his throat that says "MM". I wish I could unsee that.

Attachments

• Smith, Jeffrey Craig - 3652945_Mug_Front_20240205162028.jpg
    Smith, Jeffrey Craig - 3652945_Mug_Front_20240205162028.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 14
Not sure what this means???
JEFFREY SMITH was released from custody on 02/02/2024. The release reason is: Detainer.
I hope just maybe the trial will be starting soon. Sooner or later justice should be served. Fingers crossed!!
Detainer means an order to hold an offender in custody. Detainer means a warrant or hold placed against an inmate by another jurisdiction (called the “detaining authority”) notifying the holding facility of the intention to take custody of the individual when he or she is released.
I just went back a few pages to refresh my memory and found that cujenn81 mentioned earlier in this thread "Detainer" means transfer to another jurisdiction.

I just did a search and found the following, using names instead of initials since the initials have faded in my memory:

Jeffery Smith, Norman Bradford, April Braner, and John Black are at Eastern Regional Jail in Martinsburg, WV

David Sanford is at Potomac Heights Jail in Augusta, WV

Monroe Merrell is not listed in any WV jail. He has a Federal Bureau of Prisons ID of 20346-509 but the FBOP inmate search says he is not in their custody. I speculated over a year ago he may be in jail near Pittsburgh because his attorney and the regional FBI office investigating are both in Pittsburgh. Purely a guess on my part.

Does anyone know why MM would have a prison ID#? I thought people charged with a crime were held in jail before trial and only if convicted would go to prison and get a prison ID#.

He was booked into Eastern Regional Jail in Martinsburg, WV on 2/5/2024. The Berkeley County Court and a US District Court are in Martinsburg so maybe this is a sign trials might happen soon?

You can look up WV jail inmates by name here:

His new mugshot shows he has a tattoo on his throat that says "MM". I wish I could unsee that.
I think the face tattoo is new also.

I think the face tattoo is new also.
Agree. It looks to me like the tattoo under his eye is "XXII", 22 in Roman numerals.

Early on in this thread someone knowledgeable posted information decoding the meaning of some of Monroe M's tattoos from his social media posts. He had a 14 which is a dog whistle to some white supremacist BS and an 88 which is a Hitler/Nazi/Aryan dog whistle.

I find it interesting these people don't have the courage to get the tattoo that says "Hitler" or "white power" but think they are bad ____ hiding behind obvious signs like they are frat boys at Skull & Bones or some other secret society.

Does anyone know why MM would have a prison ID#? I thought people charged with a crime were held in jail before trial and only if convicted would go to prison and get a prison ID#.
Answering my own question or just thinking out loud...MM might have a federal prison ID number because he is a convicted felon from years before this case happened? He was convicted of kidnapping in 2017.

I haven't really thought in depth about this case in a while. I've wondered why it seems to be taking forever and why no news seems to be out about it. Last night I went back through and re-read a little bit and thought of some things.
The initial murder of JR seems so senseless. Could it have been a task or initiation into the Pagans?

I haven't really thought in depth about this case in a while. I've wondered why it seems to be taking forever and why no news seems to be out about it. Last night I went back through and re-read a little bit and thought of some things.
The initial murder of JR seems so senseless. Could it have been a task or initiation into the Pagans?
Meth people do meth things. That's my experience

Meth people do meth things. That's my experience
I got stuck on the idea of an initiation to the Pagans also but gave up on it after some time. I think pizzaman12 is right, young people doing who knows what drugs in the home of an alleged drug dealer in the wee hours after leaving a biker gang party...nobody at the DS/ERD apartment was making great choices that night.

I do think if MM wasn't there JR probably would have gotten punched a couple times then he would have gone home, end of story. MM was only 60 days out of prison where he had probably learned the behavior that going to extreme violence when wronged in any way was a survival strategy. He was also at the party with his girlfriend who he hadn't known long so may have been trying to impress her. He was in prison previously because of a very violent crime that could have ended in murder. I don't know much about MM but I get the feeling he would be in jail or prison today for some other violent crime if JR hadn't been there that fateful night.

MOO

JS was transferred to another jail today. When will the trials ever start? The families and friends still need closure and justice.
Where was he transferred to? JS no longer shows up in the WV jail search.

Got a message today that DAVID SANFORD was transferred from Potomac Highlands Regional Jail and Correctional Facility to Eastern Regional Jail and Corrections Facility today. I hope so much that since, with them moving everyone around. Means a trial will be starting soon!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back