MD MD - Joann 'Jody' LeCornu, 23, Towson, 2 March 1996

I heard Jenny on the podcast Crime Junkies. The hosts on there and Jenny eluded to the killer being an CI and perhaps that could be why the BCP are being so secretive about the case, for lack of a better term. Maybe this was a part of a much bigger thing. But you have to wonder after 23 years, why still so secretive?

Here is a recent report about this case:

More Billboards Seeking Answers In Murder Case Of Jody LeCornu Going Up Across Baltimore

Part of the above report:
“I just feel like there’s somebody out there that knows something, and we just haven’t gotten to that person yet,” Jenny Carrieri, Jody’s sister, said.

Three new billboards offering a $100,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the case are going up across Baltimore.

“I really feel like her case is solvable,” Carrieri said. “It’s very frustrating to see this over this time, and it’s making me become more and more involved.”

On fox45 in baltimore this AM, Jody's sister has new billboards up again. I have not followed this case but it appears her sister is relentless at keeping Jodys name out there to get new leads. She said she is getting ready to go to Colorado to make a new YT in an effort to get new info.

Baltimore Police are reminding the community of the unsolved murder of 23-year-old Jody LeCornu, who was found shot in the back in a Baltimore parking lot on March 2, 1996.

Investigators believe that after the college student was shot, she managed to drive across the street, possibly to get away from her killer and seek help.

Evidence shows the gunman was not far behind. Once Jody’s car comes to a stop, the suspected killer is seen reaching into Jody’s car, appearing to remove something from the vehicle,” police said in a statement.

“Fingerprints from LeCornu’s car failed to provide a lead in the case. Witnesses described the murder suspect as a Black male – stocky build – wearing a drab or green-colored army or camouflage style coat. It’s also known the suspect left the scene in a white BMW.”

Her twin sister, Jenny, has devoted her life to finding Jody’s killer and recently put up three billboards near the shooting scene — in the 6300 block of York Road — in the hope of generating tips.
Cold case murder of Towson U. student revisited 25 years later | WTOP

Just listened to the Crime Junkie episode on this case...i'm not seeing any movement on the facebook back, but i'm also not seeing any resolution. I'm sickened by how Jody's was pushed under the rug. I hope Jenny keeps fighting for justice.

Maryland Cold Case: Who Killed Jody LeCornu?
June 2021
Jenn Baxter
1*nWTNYlMDCwRVxKiwFZA0sg.jpeg

Jody LeCornu (Photo credit: www.wbal.com)
''Jody LeCornu got into an intense argument with her boyfriend on the evening of Thursday, February 29, 1996. Things were no better the following morning when she got up for work, and her boyfriend suggested it might be better if she didn’t return to the Baltimore, Maryland home they shared that night. He assumed that Jody would spend the night at her parents’ home in Annapolis, but for some reason Jody decided not to go there. It was a decision that would have tragic consequences.

Jody, a 23-year-old senior at Towson University, had recently started a part-time job at the Eastern Savings Bank in Hunt Valley. She worked a shift there on Friday, then decided to go out for a while. She met up with some of her friends at the Mt. Washington Tavern, a bar where she was a regular. She spent the rest of the night there, remaining even after all of her friends had gone home.''

This case honestly shocks me and shows such a lack of effort on Baltimore County's part. There are so many ways they could have tried harder to try to find this poor womans killer. I'm currently doing some research on the case and I'm not finding much. The first thing I looked for was employees at the department during the time that match the description. My first thought is maybe they were trying to cover something up.
Now that I look more, I saw someones post about possible drug deal gone wrong. I'm wondering if anyone knows if they checked her phone records at all? wouldn't that be a smart place to start for this possibility ?

Jody LeCornu Was Killed 24 Years Ago, Still No Suspect Identified
''Just before 4 a.m. on March 2, 1996, officers found 23-year-old LeCornu shot in the back while seated in her car at York Road Plaza.''
Jody-LeCornu.jpg

''Police later determined the Towson University student was shot in her car at the Drumcastle Shopping Center in the 6300 block of York Road. She then drove onto York Road and into the other parking lot. The suspect in her killing followed LeCornu’s car after the shooting, then took something from inside her car. LeCornu later died.

The suspect then allegedly drove away southbound on York Road in a white BMW. Witnesses described the shooter as a black male with a stocky build, wearing a camouflage jacket.''

crime-scene-collage-300.png

A collage of the crime scene in Jody LeCornu’s murder case. Courtesy: Baltimore County Police

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back