MD MD - Jonathan Luna, 38, Baltimore, 4 December 2003

I think Luna was murdered while thinking it was highly unlikely somebody would murder a Federal DA.

Just listened to a Casefile podcast about Lunas murder, very interesting and worth a listen if you're not too familiar.

Many posts back someone mentioned that there was a turnpike ticket found with blood on it. If Luna had an EZ Pass, there would have been no need for him to have a ticket? Was this ticket possibly from the other person he had purchased gas for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

just by looking at this the first thing i think of is who was who going against and could they have wanted him dead?

Just listened to a Casefile podcast about Lunas murder, very interesting and worth a listen if you're not too familiar.
I listened to that podcast as well, and I walked away feeling completely different about the case than when I first start started. It is a great listen!

Sent from my Lenovo YB1-X90F using Tapatalk

The strong suspicion, and the FBI theory, was that it was self inflicted.

The strong suspicion, and the FBI theory, was that it was self inflicted.
I'm not convinced his death was a suicide, but I'm not convinced it was murder either. Especially after listening to the podcast. I could still go either way.

I'm not convinced his death was a suicide, but I'm not convinced it was murder either. Especially after listening to the podcast. I could still go either way.

I said self-inflicted, not suicide. In this case, there may be a major difference.

I have not heard the podcast.

I wonder how it could be self-inflicted, but not suicide.

The other "cause" of his death was freshwater drowning, I'm thinking IF he self-inflicted his wounds (and that's a big if), he could have passed out in the creek which caused the drowning.

The whole thing just strikes me as odd, why Denver, PA behind a business undoubtedly owned by Mennonite families? I've lived in Denver (not that side of town though, within the borough) but that area in general is very rural.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. It could be someone aligned with Brown, or it could be a Luna researcher; there are a few out there.
I believe it may have been me. I did FOIA request to FBI in 2012. Appealed in 2013. I won. I could see taking more time to trickle down to other agencies.

What I ultimately received from FBI did nothing to change my opinion or answer my questions.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Here is a link to the podcast. 3 coroners said it was murder. I wonder why there isn't more cold case pleas for justice in the media?

http://casefilepodcast.com/case-09-jonathan-luna/

The FBI thinks it was self inflicted and there is no evidence of anyone else around the car.

Contrary to the podcast, Luna had hired a lawyer for employment concerns. He was facing some professional problems.

There is evidence, the toll ticket with his blood. Why would he get a ticket when he had an easy pass? Someone drove him in his car transferring blood into the ticket.

There is evidence, the toll ticket with his blood. Why would he get a ticket when he had an easy pass? Someone drove him in his car transferring blood into the ticket.

Or, it was Luna himself. The amount of blood on the ticket was not a lot.

One possibility was that Luna was trying to stage an attack on himself and went too deep.

Here is a link to the podcast. 3 coroners said it was murder. I wonder why there isn't more cold case pleas for justice in the media?

http://casefilepodcast.com/case-09-jonathan-luna/

Were any of them pathologists? Remember in Pennsylvania the coroner is an elected position. There are tow truck drivers, housewives, and dishwashers who have absolutely no training that are coroners in Pennsylvania. Their basic duty is to show up and say, "yep he's dead" and have the body shipped either to a funeral home or to the state facility for an autopsy.

Were any of them pathologists? Remember in Pennsylvania the coroner is an elected position. There are tow truck drivers, housewives, and dishwashers who have absolutely no training that are coroners in Pennsylvania. Their basic duty is to show up and say, "yep he's dead" and have the body shipped either to a funeral home or to the state facility for an autopsy.

The coroner in Lancaster County in 2003 was Dr. Barry Walp, he was a retired osteopathic physician.

The coroner in Lancaster County in 2003 was Dr. Barry Walp, he was a retired osteopathic physician.

Walp was not a trained medical examiner, but they did have one that did the autopsy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back