MD MD - Judith 'Judy' O'Donnell, 19, Baltimore, 30 Nov 1980

Maureen don't give up hope. Bumping for your sister and praying for you and your whole family. ��

Prayers for you during this Holiday Season and I hope 2014 is the year you finally get answers to your long search.

33 years today. Thanks for posting those stories - I have reached out to the author - to say "thank you" for helping the girls she did. I can never give up, I can never stop looking. Thank you all for your support and encouragement along the way. You have no idea how meaningful it is.

Wonder if the writer or any of the "girls" can remember Judith (Tuffy)?

http://www.downtownexpress.com/de_277/downtownnotebook.html

I've been in contact with the author -- THANK YOU -- she has the name of one of the doctors that worked on that project. I will delve more deeply into this lead. The content is raw, it's real, it's relevant -- I'm not sure will go anywhere, but it's a solid place to look.

THANK YOU!!

Hi JudysSisterMaureen!
So glad a little info. was gleaned from the link, one day someone is going to remember that lovely 19 year old girl and help bring her home!

Through this journey I can't tell you how many authors, photographers, musicians, police investigators, and local reporters I've spoken with. I'm very serious when I say "I FOLLOW EVERY LEAD" -- the exception is crackpots - I can sniff them out a mile away.

I know that she was seen by someone, known to someone, loved by many someones -and that she was not invisible on the planet. I just need to find a few of those someones. Giving her back her dignity that she gave away all those years ago. That's what this is really about.

it's amazing. I feel like I've gotten no where, then I look at that video - from 2 years ago - and realize how many paths I've gone down. Thanks for posting it. I needed a good cry

Maureen, did you ever look into this Jane Doe in Racine, found in 1999? WI WI - Raymond (Racine County) - WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, July'99 *Graphic* - Page 18 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4741

She has DNA in the system so you'd think they would have been compared, but...

Def not her. The age doesn't work (she would have been 38, doe is assumed to be between 18-30), height doesn't work (doe is 5'6" - Judy was 5'11"), and eye color doesn't work - Judy's eyes are blue - this case states clearly, hazel or brown, but NOT blue.

I should probably list her on the exclusions - thanks for the headsup. :)

Def not her. The age doesn't work (she would have been 38, doe is assumed to be between 18-30), height doesn't work (doe is 5'6" - Judy was 5'11"), and eye color doesn't work - Judy's eyes are blue - this case states clearly, hazel or brown, but NOT blue.

I should probably list her on the exclusions - thanks for the headsup. :)

I was pretty sure not, but the picture has a certain resemblance and I thought it was better to check with you :)

Every time I'm driving down I-95 and pass by the O'Donnell Street exit, I think of Judy. I'm hoping her family finds some closure soon.

Just wanted to go back in time to highlight the dreams of this bright-eyed girl who took a detour in life and lost her way home. Wonder if any of Judy's former classmates might remember something that could help find her?

Rbbm.
http://archive.longislandpress.com/2011/08/18/still-looking-for-judy-judith-erin-odonnell/2/

"A young girl with a beautiful smile and blue eyes, Judy was outgoing, friendly and talented. She was on the gymnastics team and the swim team. She wrote poetry and was picked multiple times to enter her work in writing competitions.

Her middle school yearbook page reads, “Hi! I’m Judy O’Donnell. I’m 14 years old…I’m the ‘middle child…I have braces (I hate them). I really love animals…I like to dance, play music and sing and help people solve their problems.
”

But the next year Judy began drinking, experimenting with drugs and taking risks that were out of character for her, according to friends and family.

“I remember how she used to hitchhike,” says Rebecca Schermerhorn, Judy’s childhood friend. “I told her I didn’t like it and that I didn’t think it was safe to do. Judy was very trusting, and very friendly and chatty with people she had just met.”

During this same time, Maureen says a priest and guidance counselor at Oswego Catholic High School where Judy attended—who years later admitted to having a sexual relationship with a student whom he had gotten drunk, and was the subject of a $20 million lawsuit filed against the Roman Catholic Diocese of Syracuse, according to published news reports—called home and said 15-year-old Judy needed to be picked up, that she was at the convent and she was drunk.

Judy’s friend Rebecca has also come forward with information regarding a rape Judy had told her happened while she was hitchhiking.

“Something happened, I don’t know what,” says Maureen, who is sure that someone hurt her sister. “Something happened along the line and it turned her from a spirited youth to a troubled youth.”

Bet you can relate to this article Judy'sSisterMaureen!

http://www.680news.com/2013/12/15/s...ng-for-brother-tells-others-not-to-give-up-2/
bbm.
" Sister who spent 38 years looking for brother tells others not to give up"

The Canadian Press Dec 15, 2013 04:00:03 AM "

"The unit was formed in 2006 and went through thousands of files trying to connect names with bodies found in the province. When police pass a missing-person file to the unit, it searches a series of databases, including dental and DNA records, to determine if there’s a match to someone’s body.

Unit manager Bill Inkster said finding a historic match is very rare and it was an exciting day when the link to a case dating back to 1975 was discovered.

Samson’s advice to other families with missing loved ones is to never give up, regardless of the frustration.

“Keep digging, go after the police, go after the coroner’s office, don’t let it die, don’t sit back and think it’s going to come to you.”

“It always seemed to come up in our conversations with my brother. He’d say ‘I want to find out what happened to him before we both pass on.’ I said, “Yeah, me too.’ So now we know.”

Samson didn’t want to say how police believe her brother died.

“I don’t think it matters after 38 years.”

Sorry for so many posts, just wondering if Judy's DNA can be compared again to possible matches?

http://www.vancouverobserver.com/ci...naby-coroners-confirm-identity-1975-cold-case

"Mr. Gammie, aged 22, was reported missing to Kamloops RCMP in May of
1975. His body was recovered in Vancouver shortly thereafter, and
transported to Saint Pauls Hospital for further forensic examination. The
body remained unidentified, even after extensive efforts by police and
coroners.

The identification was made possible by modern forensic analysis, in
combination with the application of an enhanced identification model
developed locally by the Identification and Disaster Response Unit of the
BC Coroners Service"

Sorry for so many posts, just wondering if Judy's DNA can be compared again to possible matches?

http://www.vancouverobserver.com/ci...naby-coroners-confirm-identity-1975-cold-case

"Mr. Gammie, aged 22, was reported missing to Kamloops RCMP in May of
1975. His body was recovered in Vancouver shortly thereafter, and
transported to Saint Pauls Hospital for further forensic examination. The
body remained unidentified, even after extensive efforts by police and
coroners.

The identification was made possible by modern forensic analysis, in
combination with the application of an enhanced identification model
developed locally by the Identification and Disaster Response Unit of the
BC Coroners Service"

Interestingly, I've dealt with the RCMP on a case in Vancouver, where there was a skull in a field - that one has been positively excluded by DNA. She was officially listed as a missing person in Canada's system last fall. (she hadn't been added to their files until that point)

Just wanted to go back in time to highlight the dreams of this bright-eyed girl who took a detour in life and lost her way home. Wonder if any of Judy's former classmates might remember something that could help find her?

Rbbm.
http://archive.longislandpress.com/2011/08/18/still-looking-for-judy-judith-erin-odonnell/2/

"A young girl with a beautiful smile and blue eyes, Judy was outgoing, friendly and talented. She was on the gymnastics team and the swim team. She wrote poetry and was picked multiple times to enter her work in writing competitions.

Her middle school yearbook page reads, “Hi! I’m Judy O’Donnell. I’m 14 years old…I’m the ‘middle child…I have braces (I hate them). I really love animals…I like to dance, play music and sing and help people solve their problems.
”

But the next year Judy began drinking, experimenting with drugs and taking risks that were out of character for her, according to friends and family.

“I remember how she used to hitchhike,” says Rebecca Schermerhorn, Judy’s childhood friend. “I told her I didn’t like it and that I didn’t think it was safe to do. Judy was very trusting, and very friendly and chatty with people she had just met.”

During this same time, Maureen says a priest and guidance counselor at Oswego Catholic High School where Judy attended—who years later admitted to having a sexual relationship with a student whom he had gotten drunk, and was the subject of a $20 million lawsuit filed against the Roman Catholic Diocese of Syracuse, according to published news reports—called home and said 15-year-old Judy needed to be picked up, that she was at the convent and she was drunk.

Judy’s friend Rebecca has also come forward with information regarding a rape Judy had told her happened while she was hitchhiking.

“Something happened, I don’t know what,” says Maureen, who is sure that someone hurt her sister. “Something happened along the line and it turned her from a spirited youth to a troubled youth.”

They have been incredibly supportive in this journey, though not all of them were willing to be quoted for that article in the Press.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back